not to stick the knife in too much but | Syracusefan.com

not to stick the knife in too much but

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had four kids basically run out of here. All four are at schools that would beat us right now.
well that is one of the points I have been trying to make. how can we be so sure that Johnson and Joseph as seniors couldn't be at least as effective as white and gillon?

We had four kids basically run out of here. All four are at schools that would beat us right now.

Should've ran off Howard and Roberson instead of Joseph and Johnson.

White would have been better off staying at Nebraska.
And hes playing exactly this way. Imo youve hit the nail on the head. AW, JG, TB, FH are all playing like they wish they had made other decisions. Its brutal but this stuff happens some times. At least we got FF last year

Joseph and Patterson are not ACC caliber players. BJ maybe. But not the other two. Missing on too many talent evaluations...and I realize there will always be some misses.

Or we could have kept all four and just pulled Lydon's and Richardson's scholarship offers.

Had to get to 10 somehow. It was always going to be ugly.

Yup. The only one I regretted and wished we could've found a way was Johnson. He showed enough that it seemed a pretty good bet he'd be solid as an upperclassman.

Or we could have kept all four and just pulled Lydon's and Richardson's scholarship offers.

Had to get to 10 somehow. It was always going to be ugly.
Again this factionally inaccurate the NCAA said we could keep our recruiting class it would just delay the penalties by one year.
We decided to run off Johnson and Patterson to start the penalties last year.
That is on the HC and staff.

Yup. The only one I regretted and wished we could've found a way was Johnson. He showed enough that it seemed a pretty good bet he'd be solid as an upperclassman.
If he would have listened to the coaching staff, instead of others, he would have redshirted his freshman year and possibly gave us some quality minutes this year.

If he would have listened to the coaching staff, instead of others, he would have redshirted his freshman year and possibly gave us some quality minutes this year.
Yupper.

True - but our problems aren't at forward. BJ wasn't exactly Del Curry here and the updates we constantly get don't have his team winning much either. Kaleb and Buss were big recruiting misses for our guards, and seeing that Western NY kid playing at Maryland stings as well. Probation is supposed to hurt and it does, now.

True - but our problems aren't at forward. BJ wasn't exactly Del Curry here and the updates we constantly get don't have his team winning much either. Kaleb and Buss were big recruiting misses for our guards, and seeing that Western NY kid playing at Maryland stings as well. Probation is supposed to hurt and it does, now.

Defensively, our problems are everywhere. Johnson is averaging 20 and 6, shooting 50% and over 40% from 3. He'd provide at least as much as White on offense, and given that this would be his 4th year in the system, it's safe to say he's be a much better defender.

This is becoming an absolute mess due to a variety of factors listed above.

Who is coming back next year for sure? Moyer, Thompson, Battle, Chukwu. Any others? I have to think Lydon leaves this dung, if he's healthy by the time he goes to the combine (I have to think he puts his name in the draft at least).

He listened to daddy, who was dead wrong about not having BJ redshirt.

This is becoming an absolute mess due to a variety of factors listed above.

Who is coming back next year for sure? Moyer, Thompson, Battle, Chukwu. Any others? I have to think Lydon leaves this dung, if he's healthy by the time he goes to the combine (I have to think he puts his name in the draft at least).

I'm afraid to ask what you did with Howard.

Defensively, our problems are everywhere. Johnson is averaging 20 and 6, shooting 50% and over 40% from 3. He'd provide at least as much as White on offense, and given that this would be his 4th year in the system, it's safe to say he's be a much better defender.

Logically so yeah. Our guard play though stinks to no end. We seem to lose kids one year earlier than the staff expects. Malachi and Battle at the top of the zone would give us a lot more on both ends of the floor

He listened to daddy, who was dead wrong about not having BJ redshirt.

Even so...he'd be a senior here this year. So yeah, it would've been better if he redshirted and was a Junior this year. But even if he was a senior, he'd still be a good player for us this year and would make us a better team. Am I missing something else where not redshirting affected something numbers wise?

I'm afraid to ask what you did with Howard.

Lottery pick...

He's going to pick numbers for a lottery ticket in 2017. It will happen.

Seriously, he might be shown the door unless he does a complete attitude turnaround. Damage may be done already so a "talk" may happen. Probably already should have happened. Lots of smoke. And did anyone see him sulking in the second half on the bench and not even cheering our made baskets? Awful. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom