not to stick the knife in too much but | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

not to stick the knife in too much but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post-Ennis, it's been a huge issue.
It has.

Ennis left unexpectedly, I don't think anyone thought he was a 1-and-done guy. If Ennis stays and Kaleb gets a year playing behind Tyler and spelling him for a few minutes every game and learning - who knows, maybe Kaleb's story ends differently here. KJ was thrown into a spot he wasn't ready for and never mentally recovered from his freshman year. Yeah maybe he's not a D1 guy, but the situation he was in was unfair to him.

I don't think anyone expcted Mali to be 1-and-done either. It's possible we could have had Battle and Mali at the top of the zone this year.

Patterson was a miss but you can't hit on everyone

It has.

Ennis left unexpectedly, I don't think anyone thought he was a 1-and-done guy. If Ennis stays and Kaleb gets a year playing behind Tyler and spelling him for a few minutes every game and learning - who knows, maybe Kaleb's story ends differently here. KJ was thrown into a spot he wasn't ready for and never mentally recovered from his freshman year. Yeah maybe he's not a D1 guy, but the situation he was in was unfair to him.

I don't think anyone expcted Mali to be 1-and-done either. It's possible we could have had Battle and Mali at the top of the zone this year.

Patterson was a miss but you can't hit on everyone

Ennis and Mal leaving early were rough but the lack of guard depth and development has been the issue. Blame those two things on what you will.

We didn't have to recruit Howard as a point guard. We did. And IMO we did because of MCW. We say a tall, rangy guard and we thought MCW II. Truth is he was a combo with an extremely questionably shot, even in high school. In fact, he had more experience playing wing than lead guard. And he was coming off a major knee injury. I could go to other players. Fact is, we have not been recruiting up to par. Sure, it's hindsight but that's how you evaluate recruiting: results on the court.

And about that, What is going on with recruiting THIS year? We literally are still not recruiting a point guard for next year. The well may be dry but whose fault is that? Our own for counting on QG. Now, I'll stop typing. Getting pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom