not to stick the knife in too much but | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

not to stick the knife in too much but

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still have no PG.

I loved Kaleb out of high school. I know people are saying he's not a D-1 player. Maybe.

But why do I think he will be very productive next year at Creighton. We shall see but McDermott seems to know something about guard talent. He showed a few big flashes his freshman year but his confidence was shot.

Lottery pick...

He's going to pick numbers for a lottery ticket in 2017. It will happen.

Seriously, he might be shown the door unless he does a complete attitude turnaround. Damage may be done already so a "talk" may happen. Probably already should have happened. Lots of smoke. And did anyone see him sulking in the second half on the bench and not even cheering our made baskets? Awful. Bye.
Sounds more like a kid that is all about ME and not a team player.

Three things that would have changed this years team a lot.
1) BJ redshirting as a Frosh.
2) Bryant coming to Cuse.
3) Huerter coming to Cuse.

And Howard and Battle are still the guards? maybe we win 3 games in the ACC rather than winless - maybe

Lottery pick...

Seriously, he might be shown the door unless he does a complete attitude turnaround. Damage may be done already so a "talk" may happen. Probably already should have happened. Lots of smoke. And did anyone see him sulking in the second half on the bench and not even cheering our made baskets? Awful. Bye.
I don't get ESPNU so I couldn't watch the game but all year he's definitely been about himself first. But is he killing this team with his attitude? Is the one guy where these problems are stemming from?

Sounds more like a kid that is all about ME and not a team player.

I'll just say displaying this type of attitude (and worse) when recruits are in town is not very positive. Brandon Randolph would've looked great in Orange. :(

Lottery pick...

Yeah. It's over for this dude. Btw I feel like we're in this predicament because of Orangeman13. Board and Cuse hoops has never been the same

I'll just say displaying this type of attitude (and worse) when recruits are in town is not very positive. Brandon Randolph would've looked great in Orange. :(
Yikes

I don't get ESPNU so I couldn't watch the game but all year he's definitely been about himself first. But is he killing this team with his attitude? Is the one guy where these problems are stemming from?
Deshaun Williams 2.0

So, our starting guards next year are...

Battle and a PTBNL?

Battle and Autry?

Battle whomever makes the FT from the Dunk & Bright chair?

Deshaun Williams 2.0

Minus Otto getting punched and girlfriend drama (as far as we know)... SMH. I'd laugh but it's upsetting.

Hocus pocus, my arse, JB. Chemistry matters. Playing like a team matters.

So, our starting guards next year are...

Battle and a PTBNL?

Battle and Autry?

Battle whomever makes the FT from the Dunk & Bright chair?

People change. Rocky found that out in the Soviet Union. But there better be a big turnaround quick. Sulking on the bench isn't the way to go about it.

think Josh Wright 2.0 is more accurate

I haven't heard anything about wacky tobacky. Then again, Wright had a huge attitude issue. Then again, Howard has talent. JW was awful.

People change. Rocky found that out in the Soviet Union. But there better be a big turnaround quick. Sulking on the bench isn't the way to go about it.

Will Rocky and Bullwinkle be a package deal?

How many boards do you think he can get with those antlers?

rb.jpg

I haven't heard anything about wacky tobacky. Then again, Wright had a huge attitude issue. Then again, Howard has talent. JW was awful.
JW had talent coming out of high school but (if I remember correctly) had a horrible attitude at SU and essentially became a cancer

JW had talent coming out of high school but (if I remember correctly) had a horrible attitude at SU and essentially became a cancer

He was an awful signing when we had other (better) choices. I can't say he wasn't a good high school player but he was a total swing and miss and never looked good on the court.

And yes, he was a cancer.

Our inability to recruit legitimate guards has caught up with us.
Eh.

GMac, Edelin (when he was eligible), Flynn, Devo, Scoop, Waiters, Triche, MCW, Ennis, Mali - all were spot on. I'm still a fan of Cooney and thought he worked out fairly well. Kaleb was a miss, Ron Patterson was a miss and Frank is a miss. We've just hit a little downward trend with the guards. If Ennis and Mali stayed I don't think that statement would be made.

Eh.

GMac, Edelin (when he was eligible), Flynn, Devo, Scoop, Waiters, Triche, MCW, Ennis, Mali - all were spot on. I'm still a fan of Cooney and thought he worked out fairly well. Kaleb was a miss, Ron Patterson was a miss and Frank is a miss. We've just hit a little downward trend with the guards. If Ennis and Mali stayed I don't think that statement would be made.

Post-Ennis, it's been a huge issue.

Eh.

We've just hit a little downward trend with the guards.
OK, but that's kind of like saying the Titanic just hit a little icy patch.

The sad truth is that the Orange appear to be the worst team in the ACC.
And we have to worry about something we've never before experienced in the Boeheim era.

Wish he would have chose BC instead of SU.

Eh.

Post-Ennis, it's been a huge issue.
Exactly. JDubs, you're reaching way too far back. It's the recent misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom