Note to everyone regarding UNC | Syracusefan.com

Note to everyone regarding UNC

If we win I dont care how bad they suck. If we keep winning I dont care how bad the rest of the ACC sucks.

Rear view mirror

agree 100%. i dont understand the people complaining about how the acc sucks. who cares. just win baby. would you rather go 15-3 in a down acc and get a 1 seed, or go 12-6 in a stacked acc and get a 4 seed?

would you rather beat an average unc team or lose to a loaded unc team?

STEVEHOLT said:
Them sucking is NOT good for us.

I keep seeing similar statements on here. My humble opinion is I don't give a damn if NC and/or the ACC suck. It's obviously a down year for the conference so far but it's much better then the alternative which is trading places with UCONN. Just take care of business and everything will work out fine.

Long term we need a strong ACC... and it will be. Just a down year. So long as we beat UNC and dominate a very down conf this year it doesn't matter for this season. But a loss looks a lot worse than it would most years.

I think maybe he means... They will come out hungry to win bc they can't afford another loss? Maybe?

A good team, is a good regardless of who they play. The weak ACC didn't stop Anothony Davis and Kentucky or the Joakim Noah Florida teams from winning it all.

agree 100%. i dont understand the people complaining about how the acc sucks. who cares. just win baby. would you rather go 15-3 in a down acc and get a 1 seed, or go 12-6 in a stacked acc and get a 4 seed?

I remember feeling sorry for my Duke and Carolina friends that when regular conference games began, there went all of the thrill and zip. Whereas when the BE began, it was exciting! I don't feel that excited about playing anyone now, except for Duke and maybe Miami. (I understand that we could still lose to some of these unexciting teams.) I would prefer to go 15-3 in an UP ACC.

UNC will be fine they get multiple McD's every year, they just need to get rid of Roy

It's hard to be good when you lose your best player and have no true point guard on the roster. They are still VERY dangerous, but not a typical UNC team. UNC always goes in cycles, and has since Roy took over. I wouldn't worry about them.

I just want to beat them this weekend and move on.

Can't Carolina ever stink? Lots of insecure posts on the board today. I don't understand why, we should act like we belong. I want to win the ACC. I don't care how good or bad Carolina is this year, nobody else should either.

We are set up well for the future, to compete in the ACC every year. College sports is changing. Outside of winning a title the last five years, we have been dominant. I want UNC to be down. If they are it means Syracuse had its hand in changing the balance of power in the ACC, and that should be the goal of the basketball program. Compete for the ACC title every year and ultimately change the landscape of this crap conference. It's time to re-write this conferences history!

In what way?
Im not referring to this game or just this year. Im referring to the big picture. I see alot of anti UNC sentiment on here for reasons I dont understand. Sure..hate them when we play them...but you dont want to be in a situation where the league is so bad that your wins mean nothing. there is a thing called strength of victory that is very important when it comes to seeding..

You're not suggesting that cheering either for or against them affects their play or standing in any way, are you?

Last edited:
The ACC sucking would be a much bigger deal for us if we weren't among the elite teams this year. The RPI hit bubble teams will take is going to hurt them. Might be enough to keep a team out of the Dance, if they are being compared to a team whose Conference RPI is a lot higher. I know it's not the only thing that the committee takes into account, but it is one thing.

Can somebody explain exactly why the ACC sucks. I look at other conference standings and see the ACC as a competitive conference with a lot of games left to play.

Strength of conference is important and we had a nice thing going with the Big East basketball-wise, but what about Kentucky and the SEC? It hasn't seemed to hurt their national perception ..at least pre-season perceptions.

The ACC will be back and stronger than ever eventually.

Strength of conference is important and we had a nice thing going with the Big East basketball-wise, but what about Kentucky and the SEC? It hasn't seemed to hurt their national perception ..at least pre-season perceptions.

The ACC will be back and stronger than ever eventually.
Like I said above, it is not that big a factor for the NCAA guarantees. It's the bubble teams it hurts.

Can somebody explain exactly why the ACC sucks. I look at other conference standings and see the ACC as a competitive conference with a lot of games left to play.
I think people are reacting to that only 2 ACC teams are currently ranked...Cuse and Duke. But in the end I think it will still be 6 bid conference which isn't too shabby:

High Seed Locks: Cuse, Duke
Likely: Pitt, UNC
Have a good shot: ND, UVA
Some chance: FSU, NC State

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online