Notre Dame believes if they want to remain a "bigger fish" ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame believes if they want to remain a "bigger fish" ...

Tommy had his good moments as well.
Last year? I don't remember them. He was pretty horrible in all phases. He makes so many damn mistakes it's ridiculous. And struggles with throws over 20 yards.

That's not quite the same...all their games were winnable but for terrible tommy...losing your starting qb for the season, you know, hurts.
Lost 4 games, not close to undefeated. Injuries are part of the season. Sarcasm alert as far as my comments on our seaason

South Bend, Indiana.

Technically, Notre Dame is not in South Bend. It is located in the independent "census-designated" place called Notre Dame, Indiana.

Golson wasn't injured. He was suspended for cheating on an exam.

Tommy Rees was a low 3 star recruit, went undrafted and was cut as an UFA after one weekend mini-camp.

Gunner Kiel transferred right before Golson was suspended by ND. That left Tommy Rees as the only option.

Golson wasn't injured. He was suspended for cheating on an exam.

Tommy Rees was a low 3 star recruit, went undrafted and was cut as an UFA after one weekend mini-camp.

Gunner Kiel transferred right before Golson was suspended by ND. That left Tommy Rees as the only option.
Who cares

But at least they were playing Alabama. Look who we've played in that 5-1 stretch: Kentucky, Kansas State, Georgia Tech , Kansas State again, West Virginia and Minnesota.

All six are BCS schools. Nothing to sneeze at. Remember when we played teams like McNeese State?

storange said:
Who cares

Notre Dame is a myth. For a school that professes virtues, it is all a myth. It's a place where rape doesn't matter if you're a football player. The death of a student, due to a coaches decision, doesn't matter. The word transparency is a myth. They are a school that hired Lou Holtz. A coach whose schools broke rules everywhere he went. The name Notre Shame fits then well.

Last edited:
8046lm.jpg

IthacaMatt said:
All six are BCS schools. Nothing to sneeze at. Remember when we played teams like McNeese State?

No, I was 6. That was 34 years ago. :)

What is the SU-ND head to head over the last 6, 8 , 10 yrs?

Of course they have played for the National Championship.

And our bowl record in recent years has been in the bottom-tier bowls against mediocre teams.

What is the SU-ND head to head over the last 6, 8 , 10 yrs?
3-3 vs ND overall

2-1 since '03 with a point differential of +3.

Notre Dame is a myth. For a school that professes virtues, it is all a myth. It's a place where rape doesn't matter if you're a football player. The death of a student, due to a coaches decision, doesn't matter. The word transparency is a myth. They are a school that hired Lou Holtz. A coach whose schools broke rules everywhere he went. The name Notre Shame fits then well.
First of all, I think that alleged rape and the death of a student does matter to Notre Dame. Declan's parents do not agree with you and it was their son who died. Notre Dame is also a school that suspended its best football player and best basketball player for the entire season last year for academic reasons. I'm sure SU would do the same and has done the same so this is not to compare SU to ND. And while we are on Holtz, he left ND because ND refused to lessen its academic admission and classroom requirements and standards. So while ND is not perfect, ND is not a myth. If it was, Golson and Grant would have played last year.

To the OP: replace ND with Syracuse or any top team. Top teams with the games they should win handily. That is what catches voters eyes and gets them into the top rankings. Syracuse will be doing the same soon.

A poster said "Injuries are part of the game". I responded because neither Golson nor Kiel was injured.
And I responded because I'm a syracuse fan and could give a rat's ads about the most overrated program in the country

And I responded because I'm a syracuse fan and could give a rat's ads about the most overrated program in the country
And yet you still found the time to make seven posts about that program in this thread.

And yet you still found the time to make seven posts about that program in this thread.
yea they get under my skin thanks for pointing that out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom