Notre Dame believes if they want to remain a "bigger fish" ... | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame believes if they want to remain a "bigger fish" ...

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
They have to beat lesser opponents, like Syracuse, big time. They think that if they're a decent top 25 team they have to put la spanking on us.

Notre Dame since 1999 in bowl games: 3-7 with a point differential of -87 (Bet that hurts).

Meanwhile little old Syracuse is 5-1 since 1999 with a point differential of +23 despite the disaster that shall not be mentioned.

Of course Syracuse is not a top 25 team, and hasn't been even in the conversation since the G Rob hire...

But Notre Dame...you've been hanging by your claws from the cliff called relevance since the turn of the century.

I think Notre Dame football is the most overrated team in college sports. I think there fans are arrogant and, in all honesty little more than band wagoners. I'd love to know the percentage of fans that even know the name of the city Notre Dame is located in.

I'd love to say it'd make me ecstatic to beat Notre Dame, but they aren't Clemson, FSU, or even Ped St.

I only made this thread because I've seen several ND articles now calling us "lesser" and putting us in the same category as teams like Pitt, USF and Rutgers.

Take a long look in the mirror Notre Dame.

Of course they have played for the National Championship.

And our bowl record in recent years has been in the bottom-tier bowls against mediocre teams.

Of course they have played for the National Championship.

And our bowl record in recent years has been in the bottom-tier bowls against mediocre teams.

Alabama could've rung up 80 or 90 on Notre Dame in the NC game if Saban felt he had something to prove. Notre Dame has benefited far too much on history and name alone.

Alabama could've rung up 80 or 90 on Notre Dame in the NC game if Saban felt he had something to prove. Notre Dame has benefited far too much on history and name alone.

But at least they were playing Alabama. Look who we've played in that 5-1 stretch: Kentucky, Kansas State, Georgia Tech , Kansas State again, West Virginia and Minnesota.

I don't like Notre Dame Football and even I find this thread wrong. Notre Dame is smartly scheduling. They will have 5 ACC opponents a year, Navy, USC, Stanford for 8 of 1 games, 1 Shamrock neutral site game, 1 B1G rival from Purdue/Michigan State, and 2 games for the rest of the country to play games anywhere.

I honestly could careless where ND fans place our football team as we as a FB program won't get national respect till we become top 25 again and get some talent infused into the program and HCSS is leading the way, but we are still a top 50 school in football and not a top 25 team till we get that talent. Even when ND sucks they recruit well and will have more overall talent than we do on the gridiron while SU basketball will always have more talent than ND basketball.

SWC75 said:
But at least they were playing Alabama. Look who we've played in that 5-1 stretch: Kentucky, Kansas State, Georgia Tech , Kansas State again, West Virginia and Minnesota.

At least they had Hawaii and Rutgers to pad the win column.

True. I am not trying to argue that we're the better team, or have been over the past decade. That'd be ridiculous. I'm simply saying that Notre Dame overlooking us as a "lesser" team, in the same group as USF and Rutgers, is insulting. The nicest I've heard is that we're a team that could give them fits or potentially be a trap game.

I just think the arrogance of their fan base and writers is bordering insanity. They aren't in the same conversation as Oklahoma, Bama, Auburn etc.

They are hardly in the same conversation as Michigan and MSU anymore.

You'd think we'd be going up against Ohio St. or someone like that with the crap they spew.

I don't like Notre Dame Football and even I find this thread wrong. Notre Dame is smartly scheduling. They will have 5 ACC opponents a year, Navy, USC, Stanford for 8 of 1 games, 1 Shamrock neutral site game, 1 B1G rival from Purdue/Michigan State, and 2 games for the rest of the country to play games anywhere.

I honestly could careless where ND fans place our football team as we as a FB program won't get national respect till we become top 25 again and get some talent infused into the program and HCSS is leading the way, but we are still a top 50 school in football and not a top 25 team till we get that talent. Even when ND sucks they recruit well and will have more overall talent than we do on the gridiron while SU basketball will always have more talent than ND basketball.

Agreed, it's hard to compete with Notre Dame recruiting. In the recruiting/talent aspect we truly are lesser than them, at the moment. I also agree that we won't get national respect until we're a top 25 program again.

It's just aggravating being compared to such garbage teams by a program that's greatest accomplishment in the last 20 years is getting beat by 30 in the National Championship.

Notre Dame should be favored against us. Being favored to win is one thing, expecting total dominance is another.

Notre Dame hasn't been a great team over the past ten years either. They were the worst Team to compete for the NC in history. I sincerely believe SU would have beat them that year. I see no reason to believe SU won't beat them this year Their recruiting is obviously way overrated because the team itself it's that good.

Notre Dame has 8-4 talent. They will lose likely to Florida State, USC. I think we can beat them assuming our defense can contain Golson, but I don't see ND as great. They have a right to see us as below them, but it doesn't mean we can't beat them.

I was gonna defend Notre Dame. For some reason, I thought that their atrocious bowl record was partially because they often got spotted up a few places in the bowls because they are such a big draw. I looked back the last 10 seasons or so and I was way off. It looked like they are normally placed approximately where they should be; they just don't get it done around the holidays.

Notre Dame has 8-4 talent. They will lose likely to Florida State, USC. I think we can beat them assuming our defense can contain Golson, but I don't see ND as great. They have a right to see us as below them, but it doesn't mean we can't beat them.

Is Notre Dame the win we need to start top 25 considerations? Obviously its a game we need to win, not necessarily should, but it's our most important non conference game.

Notre Dame always has a problem against speed, they sign all the highly rated guys without great speed, and then when they run up against it they get killed. The great Miami teams had it, USC always had great team speed when they were blowing Notre Dame out.

Notre Dame always has a problem against speed, they sign all the highly rated guys without great speed, and then when they run up against it they get killed. The great Miami teams had it, USC always had great team speed when they were blowing Notre Dame out.
I hope that proves to be true because between our backs, TH, Estime etc. we have speed to go around.

ND is 37-15 under Brian Kelly, 21-5 in the past two seasons.

Looking at past history under Davie, Willingham and Weis is as relevant to the present and the near future as look ing at Rockne and Leahy.

People love to get offended. Past 5 years... 4, 8, 5, 8, 7 wins. We are a lesser team. If we want to change perception that then let's not vomit on ourselves to start the season for a change and beat them.
Is ND much different with the exception of one year

I'll answer my own question No 3,7,6,8,8,12, 9 not that impressive

ND is 37-15 under Brian Kelly, 21-5 in the past two seasons.

Looking at past history under Davie, Willingham and Weis is as relevant to the present and the near future as look ing at Rockne and Leahy.
Yea but Kelly is the type of guy that would leave his undefeated team as they prepare for their BCS bowl game. I can't respect anyone that would do that.

Comparing nd 9 years ago to today is goofy. If not for golsons errors in judgment they're prob undefeated again this year. Kelly has completely changed recruiting there.

Comparing nd 9 years ago to today is goofy. If not for golsons errors in judgment they're prob undefeated again this year. Kelly has completely changed recruiting there.
if not for playing Goergia tech Clemson and FSU and a few bad plays in the other 3 losses we would have been undefeated

if not for playing Goergia tech Clemson and FSU and a few bad plays in the other 3 losses we would have been undefeated
That's not quite the same...all their games were winnable but for terrible tommy...losing your starting qb for the season, you know, hurts.

That's not quite the same...all their games were winnable but for terrible tommy...losing your starting qb for the season, you know, hurts.
Tommy had his good moments as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom