Notre Dame Game Thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Thread...

Give me the high ball screen vs the zone...our guard gets into the paint almost every time we use that.

Any why no short corner looks?

Who can shoot it from the short corner? The same two guys that can shoot it from the perimeter?

We just don’t have much offensive talent this year.

Where is Moyer today? Maybe he can score a few points. The whole offense is Frank & Tyus exchanging the ball at the top of the key as the shot clock ticks down until one of them puts up a jump shot.

Howard Washington throwing it away and Brissett immediately going back in is just classic Boeheim.

Seen too many games where we should be up by 20 come back and bite us in the 2nd half. Nothing seems to go Syracuse way so far.

Because it should be 20. you have to make hay when you can. If ND hits a few treys in second half they'll be right there. So frustrating.
I agree with you. That was my point. How odd this situation is.

I’ll go with “our players are very young and can’t shoot, pass, or dribble that well”.

Eh who recruited these players? I dont see this issue with most other programs

Howard Washington throwing it away and Brissett immediately going back in is just classic Boeheim.
If you make bonehead turnovers like that JB is going to pull you out. And rightfully so.

I believe we will score above 50 against Virginia. This seems to be another typical season of SU playing to, or at the level of their competition.

Hopefully. Then they might have a chance. Otherwise, we’re going to get posters whining about how UVA plays dirty on defense, lol. That’s on top of knowing that JB says Bennett is the best defensive coach in the country.

Wow...and your coach recruited these guys. Pretty sad.

They’ll be fine. Guys get better. “My” coach has a track record of that.

Not everybody is a world beater as a freshman. I think at least one of the guys that “my” coach recruited for next year will be. Bet we magically won’t have much problem scoring then. Go figure.

Have to say I am a bit surprised that Marek has not hit a few from outside by this time. I realize he is young but his shoots seem flat and either short or off the back rim. Was a decent scorer last summer in European Games for Slovakia.

They put up nearly 90 without them against NC State. We are shooting 50 %. It’s a low possession game. That’s why the margin isn’t larger.

And we waste lots of time on the shot clock before figuring what to do on offense routinely.

Ok. You go with “many CNY high school coaches are better than Boeheim”, and I’ll go with “our players are very young and can’t shoot, pass, or dribble that well”.

Doesn’t matter what you draw up if the guys on the floor can’t do it. Defense doesn’t respect our shooting(for good reason) and we’re having a hard time scoring. Not really much more to it than that.

The team has three players who can shoot from more than four feet, none of them are great shooters and Brissett is not even a good one. There’s no way to make a pretty offense with those parts. People want to make this about something more - Boeheim’s coaching or battles selfishness or Howard’s personality or whatever. But there’s really no need to look any further.

Hopefully. Then they might have a chance. Otherwise, we’re going to get posters whining about how UVA plays dirty on defense, lol. That’s on top of knowing that JB says Bennett is the best defensive coach in the country.

They are a very good defensive team and always have been. I dont think are dirty, but I think they get away a little more on D than others do, along with a few calls in games going their way because of their defense's reputation.

The team has three players who can shoot from more than four feet, none of them are great shooters and Brissett is not even a good one. There’s no way to make a pretty offense with those parts. People want to make this about something more - Boeheim’s coaching or battles selfishness or Howard’s personality or whatever. But there’s really no need to look any further.
We have three guys on the court at 'all times' who are good enough in JB's estimation to have the green light from 3. Brissett is a better shooter than he has so far shown. What part of that comes down to practice and training and prep and psychology? All of which are 'coaching-related?' It's not even necessary to blame JB directly. Who on the staff is responsible for working on his skills?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom