Notre Dame Game Thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Thread...

Hopefully we figure out that we need to guard Gibbs. If we do, we win.

Will we break 40 points VS UVA? They are going to press up and blitz any ballhandler up top.

Yes. The coach is in the hall of fame. The players are very young, we only have 7 of them, and were expected by virtually everybody to be our worst team in 40 years.

Get a grip.

I could find 6 coaches in section 3 who could draw up better offense than what the hall of famer has. But go ahead and keep defending him. Some folks can’t handle the truth when it reflects badly on one JAB

Maybe at halftime JB will tell them to guard Gibbs. You would think they would realize he needs to be guarded. ND throws the ball inside to the big who doesn't score he turns throws it out to Gibbs and time after time nobody near him. We should be up by 20 but we have no offense.

A nine point halftime lead against Notre Dame and we're 'beside ourselves' with angst and grief!

Colson and Farrell aren't playing. There arent many better two man combos out there.

37 points is out!

9 turnovers. Outrebounded 11-3 on the defensive boards. And up 9 at the half. Great defense on Pfleuger. Not so good on Gibbs. I think ND misses Farrell more than Colson. Surprised ND did not continue to zone SU.

Which is easier to do when you can shoot. Otherwise the gaps aren’t really there. And guys have to be good with the ball to effectively drive the gaps. We’ve got two guys that are good with the ball...and they’re also the only two that can shoot.

Give me the high ball screen vs the zone...our guard gets into the paint almost every time we use that.

Any why no short corner looks?

I'll be happy as long as we keep winning with this team. With that said, I feel like this is a game we should be up pretty big. We certainly don't make things easy for ourselves.

I could find 6 coaches in section 3 who could draw up better offense than what the hall of famer has. But go ahead and keep defending him. Some folks can’t handle the truth when it reflects badly on one JAB

Ok. You go with “many CNY high school coaches are better than Boeheim”, and I’ll go with “our players are very young and can’t shoot, pass, or dribble that well”.

Doesn’t matter what you draw up if the guys on the floor can’t do it. Defense doesn’t respect our shooting(for good reason) and we’re having a hard time scoring. Not really much more to it than that.

i have a hard time blaming JB here, we r getting the ball into the middle of the zone and Marek misses two wide open jumpers and oshea is forcing things, its hard to drive a zone when theres no threat of shooting from anyone outside howard n battle,they r basically packing it in and giving wide open jumpers at the foul line, brisset needs to start taking that shot

A nine point halftime lead against Notre Dame and we're 'beside ourselves' with angst and grief!
Because it should be 20. you have to make hay when you can. If ND hits a few treys in second half they'll be right there. So frustrating.

also our ball movement is weak, we had one nice passing sequence where it moved quickly n it ended up with howard getting a wide open 3, the players need to execute better, plain and simple IMO

With about a minute left, Marek had a rough offensive possession, got caught in the air, lead to a turnover and ND running. He hurried back to cover up the 3 at the baseline, then got a D rebound which led to a Battle 3.

Just can’t teach that kind of hustle. Hope he can eventually find his shot.

ND with no Colsen or Farrell...so yeah

The sad truth is if Bonzi and Farrell were playing, ND would blow SU out. They are staying in the game without them. They knock down a couple of shots and they may win without the two of them. I can’t figure out why OB won’t shoot the foul line jumper. He’s wide open. He’ll never be able to drive if they keep playing off him from 15 feet. Battle has to overload and also flash in the high post. He’s easy to locate because he never moves. When the ball does go into the high post, our guards need to relocate to the open spot. A little movement will get them some open shots. IF someone could pass on this team I can’t believe the lob isn’t available to OB.

i have a hard time blaming JB here, we r getting the ball into the middle of the zone and Marek misses two wide open jumpers and oshea is forcing things, its hard to drive a zone when theres no threat of shooting from anyone outside howard n battle,they r basically packing it in and giving wide open jumpers at the foul line, brisset needs to start taking that shot

Very little off ball cutting though. There were a handful of plays like Marek driving into help/traffic and one where Oshae did the same, left his feet, then panicked and threw it out of bounds. They HAVE to start learning this stuff at some point. Maybe it isn’t even drilled into them, though.

Will we break 40 points VS UVA? They are going to press up and blitz any ballhandler up top.

I believe we will score above 50 against Virginia. This seems to be another typical season of SU playing to, or at the level of their competition.

Colson and Farrell aren't playing. There arent many better two man combos out there.

37 points is out!

They put up nearly 90 without them against NC State. We are shooting 50 %. It’s a low possession game. That’s why the margin isn’t larger.

His free throws look solid but translating the same shot to the pressure of game action when guys are playing defense doesn't work.
Another factor...when he's shooting a free throw his feet are set.
But he doesn't set himself before he goes up for a jumper.
Then add the other problems and the result is a clinker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom