Notre Dame Game Thread... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Thread...

All Cuse 1st half. All ND 2nd half. This is one of the worst offensive and rebounding performances by an SU team in the last 30 years. We looked asleep the entire 2nd half. This home loss to a ND team without their 2 best players will be a huge reason if we don't make the NCAA this year. Awful loss.
If we don’t make it lol

Marek is gonna be in big trouble when they review the film... He stopped just past half court and allowed Pflueger to get that rebound.
frank howard too. They were both trotting at half court.

Howard had another dribble or two before he needed to launch too. Terrible situational awareness.

SU now has to go on the road and will get pulverized by Florida STate and Virginia. This is one of the most embarrassing losses I’ve seen in a long time. Howard and Marek should be forced to watch that last play about 100 times for their total lack of effort. We’re getting killed on the offense boards the entire game and Moyer can’t get on the floor. Marek was useless in this game but stayed on the floor way to long. By the way, Sidibe can play a little, but we probably won’t see him in the next game. I’m just so glad I didn’t drive 2 hours to watch this game today.

Why not call a TO and draw up a play? Instead we settle for Battle dribbling into traffic and getting stripped?!?! Awful!

Traffic? He was stripped at the top of the key by a skinny white boy.

I don't know what to say. ND played like dog crap, and still beat us at home. Brutal.
You forgot that they are missing their two best players, too.

Last few possessions of ours players just stood around while one guy touched and dribbled the ball. On the final Battle debacle why run the clock down so long? There was no chance at an offensive rebound even if Battle got the shot up

I have been told that Howard is very good and the least of our problems.
He makes the worst turnovers at the worst times. His assist to TO ratio has to be among the worst for PGs in the country. Like others have said, on the last play he didn't hustle after Pfleuger.

The ceiling on this team is extremely low. Offensively they are seriously challenged. The formula to beat this team easy and everybody is implementing it. If we win 7 games in the ACC this year I'll be suprised.

Second game in a row we looked disinterested. Do we have one of those chemistry problems going on that has crippled us a few times in the past?

So glad I turned down tickets to this one. Freeze my face off to sit in that dead, boring crowd watching us lose an absolutely awful game in one of the more awful ways imaginable? Jeez. No thanks. Already did a lesser version of that for the Bonnies game.

I took a lot of heat during the summer for saying this team was not an NCAA tournament team. I said they'd be lucky to make the NIT. Don't get me wrong, I WANT them to make the tournament, but didn't see it then, and I don't see it now. Very very disappointing loss against a ND team without their top two players. BAD BAD LOSS. :(

SU now has to go on the road and will get pulverized by Florida STate and Virginia. This is one of the most embarrassing losses I’ve seen in a long time. Howard and Marek should be forced to watch that last play about 100 times for their total lack of effort. We’re getting killed on the offense boards the entire game and Moyer can’t get on the floor. Marek was useless in this game but stayed on the floor way to long. By the way, Sidibe can play a little, but we probably won’t see him in the next game. I’m just so glad I didn’t drive 2 hours to watch this game today.

This and the UConn game last year (both with key players for the opposition absent!) were some of the worst games I have ever seen on any level.

I could seriously go to Charlottesville, go to the game with great seats and stay for free down there. No way. That will be a bloodbath and a struggle for us to get to 40. Waste of time and a 6 hour drive.

What are we going to see next year when the personnel is here? I'm not convinced our offense will be consistently good. Credit to Brey though, he had a gameplan and abused Cuse on the offensive glass.

With this teams inability to score, they can’t win a road game in this conference. There’s is zero chance to have a winning record in the ACC. All of the weaker teams have the ability to score. We can’t match them. We thought our strength was rebounding and the last two games show that we were a paper tiger on the boards. Our true colors have been shown the past two games. This team has no strength. Defense is about finishing each possession with a rebound, so if we can’t rebound we aren’t a good defensive team.

Last few possessions of ours players just stood around while one guy touched and dribbled the ball. On the final Battle debacle why run the clock down so long? There was no chance at an offensive rebound even if Battle got the shot up
Given how awful our execution is at the end of the first half, it isn't surprising that running down the clock to end the game went so poorly for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom