Notre Dame Game... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game...

Sorry, I shouldn’t be following this as closely as I am right now, but gotta say Barber is way out of line here. Not a good look to go after your alma mater on Twitter like this. Would also take Scanlan over him every day and twice on Sundays.

Yeah, he's being a . Wonder how he would have felt if someone had done the same to him when he was playing...

Yeah, he's being a . Wonder how he would have felt if someone had done the same to him when he was playing...
Yeah, whoever would have done that?

Oh wait:

Oh wait:

I believe 79 was referring to an alumni tweeting about the team when they were playing.

Secondly, did you go back 5 years through the board to find that little blurb. Good lord how long did that take.

Last edited:

Oh wait:

I believe 79 was referring to an alumni tweeting about the team when they were playing.

Secondly, did you go back 5 years through the board to find that little blurb. Good lord how long did that take.
Yeah, I was, as Jeremy said.

Not sure your point here, NazLax. Jeremy, for all his knowledge on the sport, isn't a former D1 player and certainly not a member of the Orange. And whereas he did make a post on a "public" page, Twitter has an exponentially larger audience than this site (as I'm sure you know).

I'm really a bit confused as to your comeback here, unless I'm misinterpreting your response.

The months in the song almost work perfectly :cool:

That's Life

Frank Sinatra
That's life
(That's life)
That's what all the people say
You're riding high in April, shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June

I said that's life
(That's life)
And as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks (on Twitter!!!)
Stomping on a dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down
Cause this fine old world, it keeps spinnin' around

Yeah, I was, as Jeremy said.

Not sure your point here, NazLax. Jeremy, for all his knowledge on the sport, isn't a former D1 player and certainly not a member of the Orange. And whereas he did make a post on a "public" page, Twitter has an exponentially larger audience than this site (as I'm sure you know).

I'm really a bit confused as to your comeback here, unless I'm misinterpreting your response.
I must have misinterpreted your post. It read, to me, as if you were asking how Barber would have liked it if anyone had made negative comments about him while he was playing, not how he would have felt if former players made the negative comments. The point I was making was on the “anyone” interpretation. Because there was plenty of negative comments about Barber and the 2015 and 2016 teams from non-players.

A separate but related question I have, how is it worse for former players who actually played D1 lacrosse in the Syracuse program to make negative comments than it is for a bunch of dudes on the internet to make them? Most of us, I assume, are older than Barber and in theory more mature. Yet, here we are, bagging on a bunch of mostly 18–22 yo kids (legal adults obviously, but still really just kids) trying to play a game, when most of us never played at that level. Barber is far more qualified to say whatever he wants.

I get pissed when Cuse loses. I curse at the tv. I’ve said terrible things to Anish, Paul and Quint while in my living room. But I try not to bring it on here. I did once, after the Colgate loss a couple years ago. I still regret it. They’re still just kids chasing a little white ball around.

I must have misinterpreted your post. It read, to me, as if you were asking how Barber would have liked it if anyone had made negative comments about him while he was playing, not how he would have felt if former players made the negative comments. The point I was making was on the “anyone” interpretation. Because there was plenty of negative comments about Barber and the 2015 and 2016 teams from non-players.

A separate but related question I have, how is it worse for former players who actually played D1 lacrosse in the Syracuse program to make negative comments than it is for a bunch of dudes on the internet to make them? Most of us, I assume, are older than Barber and in theory more mature. Yet, here we are, bagging on a bunch of mostly 18–22 yo kids (legal adults obviously, but still really just kids) trying to play a game, when most of us never played at that level. Barber is far more qualified to say whatever he wants.

I get pissed when Cuse loses. I curse at the tv. I’ve said terrible things to Anish, Paul and Quint while in my living room. But I try not to bring it on here. I did once, after the Colgate loss a couple years ago. I still regret it. They’re still just kids chasing a little white ball around.
Amen to that. And mark my words, they will beat unc in the dome.

Big diff between a fan and a former player one year removed from the locker room from our older players to put out a mocking tweet like some JHU troll.

Persona non gratis now to that locker room
Dear lord this should be obvious.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Yes, I meant former players. :)

Agreed. Even worse than that from Barber, former backup goalie Willie Klan has tweeted multiple times “77 is the new 22” during this season. Like yeah Hiltz is great, but do you realize how massively disrespectful that sounds when we have a guy currently in the 22 jersey? Like how can you be so unaware of the optics saying something like that? Scanlan has to feel heat like that online from all sides already, but to get it from a former player who I believe was actually on the team with him in 2020?? Stunning lack of respect/awareness. Everyone in the world needs to live by this creed, DON’T TWEET! People will see how unbelievably dumb you are real quick.
Just to add some context to this, Klan, who barely played at SU outside of a little mop-up duty in blowouts & I don’t believe ever rose to even 3rd string on the depth chart, wore #77. I’m thinking that his posts are much more sarcastic than taking any type of shot at Chase. At least that’s how I take them.

Just to add some context to this, Klan, who barely played at SU outside of a little mop-up duty in blowouts & I don’t believe ever rose to even 3rd string on the depth chart, wore #77. I’m thinking that his posts are much more sarcastic than taking any type of shot at Chase. At least that’s how I take them.
He was 77! Wow thank you for clearing that up. Makes way more sense now and I agree that it is not a shot at Chase with that context.

He was 77! Wow thank you for clearing that up. Makes way more sense now and I agree that it is not a shot at Chase with that context.
Still probably not the smartest post from a Cuse alum which could be taken the wrong way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom