Notre Dame Game... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game...

As for the state of the program, this is the worst regular season that I can remember. Even during the Panarelli swan 2007 season, I don’t recall this many blow outs. It is getting old. Really want them to figure it out. I am a Desko guy but losses like this one today are impossible to defend.
Cuse was not ready for the Army game and looked to be in pre-season form for a scrimmage. Not sure whose fault that was.
Today they faced a terrific fogo who dominated the Iveys last year - we could not match up. We also got outhustled and outplayed for 3 quarters. Almost looked like they were mentally and physically burnt out. UVA looks to be regaining their mojo after a lull earlier in the season. We will need to do the same.

Cuse was not ready for the Army game and looked to be in pre-season form for a scrimmage. Not sure whose fault that was.
Today they faced a terrific fogo who dominated the Iveys last year - we could not match up. We also got outhustled and outplayed for 3 quarters. Almost looked like they were mentally and physically burnt out. UVA looks to be regaining their mojo after a lull earlier in the season. We will need to do the same.
Sorry I am mad at myself at how upset I still am about the loss. Thanks for talking me off the ledge:)

This team will fire on all cylinders going forward motivation hhh mark my words dooms day people.
Why aren’t they fit isn’t on many of the cylinders at home against a “meh” team?

This is the best 4-3 team of all time. Amd that is an insult to the total talent.

Some perspective on yesterday's game:

Looking at the schedules of the ACC teams for the remainder of the season is interesting.
ND now plays Duke on Apr 10 and then Duke on Apr 22 back to back; then UNC on Apr 25th and then Cuse on May 1.
Having lost to UVA, they viewed yesterday as HUGE for them with backs against the wall. Im sure they felt they could easily go 0-3 against Duke/UNC and then be 0-5 if they lost to us. Our guys probably had a letdown after Duke loss (no excuses but it happens).

One more thing:

In case anyone is not fully aware, ND fogo Gallagher was considered the 2nd best fogo in the country while at Penn behind only TD in 2019 and early 2020. He had faced down TD several times and was quite successful. Penn was a legit top 5 team in 2019. He doesn't seem to be struggling with new rules.

Desko really got it correct in the presser he said that we started very well Def and off but grew over confident! As I said ND didn’t panic and just chipped away. Once ND got 4 goals up there where a few plays that didn’t go our way which they then capitalised from. The gap became too much and we never got our usual run, due to lack of possessions!

Usually the staff find a way! Let’s hope they do!

The other thing is, I’ve never bought into Wykoff being our best defender is. I actually think DiPietro is our best defencemen! He or Murph are never mentioned on ESPN broadcasts they only mention Wykoff.

The other thing is, I’ve never bought into Wykoff being our best defender is. I actually think DiPietro is our best defencemen! He or Murph are never mentioned on ESPN broadcasts they only mention Wykoff.
Sorry, but no one on the defense deserves mention right now. They are surrendering almost 13 goals a game and just gave up 18 for the second time this year.

Is helmet to helmet a thing in lax?
yes, is supposed to be. he should've had a minute or 2 non-releasable. ref backpedaling was looking right there, he was watching the ground or he's just not very good.

Sorry, but no one on the defense deserves mention right now. They are surrendering almost 13 goals a game and just gave up 18 for the second time this year.
I didn’t say anyone deserves a mention, Anish and crew always talk about Wykoff but the other Defencemen don’t get a Mention! It’s the package and recovery that is letting us down! We are trying to do too much! I just think Murph and Nick deserve some chat!

I didn’t say anyone deserves a mention, Anish and crew always talk about Wykoff but the other Defencemen don’t get a Mention! It’s the package and recovery that is letting us down! We are trying to do too much! I just think Murph and Nick deserve some chat!

Yesterday was bizarre in that the defense looked fantastic in the 1st quarter, hyper aggressive, good slides etc. Then once ND got a few the slides became non-existent or poorly timed and Porter couldn't buy a save. I do think individually all 3 close defenseman are solid and same with the SSDM's, however they do seem to struggle as a unit for stretches in the 3 losses. At some point though only winning 30% of the face offs against other ACC teams is probably going to expose any issues on that side of the field.

Fans will be fans with our critiques and criticisms but nauseating to see ex player Barber belittling his former program in a public forum.

Lax squad didnt need to be kicked by their own when down. Should be the opposite . "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ". Was pleased to see the retorts to tweet by Dami and Chase . Wish more had.

Friends P n J dm whenever. Final Four weekend will be even more enjoyable now

Fans will be fans with our critiques and criticisms but nauseating to see ex player Barber belittling his former program in a public forum.

Lax squad didnt need to be kicked by their own when down. Should be the opposite . "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ". Was pleased to see the retorts to tweet by Dami and Chase . Wish more had.

Agreed. Even worse than that from Barber, former backup goalie Willie Klan has tweeted multiple times “77 is the new 22” during this season. Like yeah Hiltz is great, but do you realize how massively disrespectful that sounds when we have a guy currently in the 22 jersey? Like how can you be so unaware of the optics saying something like that? Scanlan has to feel heat like that online from all sides already, but to get it from a former player who I believe was actually on the team with him in 2020?? Stunning lack of respect/awareness. Everyone in the world needs to live by this creed, DON’T TWEET! People will see how unbelievably dumb you are real quick.

Barber's senior year in 2016 he got blown out by ND in the Dome in front of all the SU Alumni celebrating the 100th anniversary of the program.

He shouldn't be talking.

Barber's senior year in 2016 he got blown out by ND in the Dome in front of all the SU Alumni celebrating the 100th anniversary of the program.

He shouldn't be talking.
The tweet has been removed.

Must have gotten some calls... :)

He shouldn't be talking.
Yep, might recall his no show vs #10 jhu in 2nd rd of 15 when cuse gave up 16 despite Williams dominating faceoffs. Cuse team had a very good season .No twitter back then but I would have been congratulating , last thing Id do as a former player is belittle when kids were down.

Does anyone have a shot of the tweet before it was deleted? Just curious what specifically was said.

Does anyone have a shot of the tweet before it was deleted? Just curious what specifically was said.

1617583568535.jpeg

no twitter for me then

MD Cuse , hope you get to see the eloquent and classy retorts by Dami and Chase.

Sorry, I shouldn’t be following this as closely as I am right now, but gotta say Barber is way out of line here. Not a good look to go after your alma mater on Twitter like this. Would also take Scanlan over him every day and twice on Sundays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom