Notre Dame post game | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame post game

One thing I love about Kadary is when he has the ball as the shot clock is winding down during a long possession... he’s going to drive & dish, or get a much higher percentage, “safer” shot. Instead of long contested 3’s (Joe’s not getting to the basket in those scenarios) & possible long rebounds & run outs, it’s at the rim & gives the team a minimum of an opportunity to get back & set D. It sets SU up for better success, especially at the end of games milking the clock with a lead

Yup. The offense where he brings it up, makes a pass, and never touches the ball for the rest of the possession while somebody else goes ISO (usually) are such a waste IMO.
The difference in the off the ball movement is remarkable when Kadary is in. Anybody who wants to debunk this, please watch the second half again and make it a point to look out for it.

One thing I love about Kadary is when he has the ball as the shot clock is winding down during a long possession... he’s going to drive & dish, or get a much higher percentage, “safer” shot. Instead of long contested 3’s (Joe’s not getting to the basket in those scenarios) & possible long rebounds & run outs, it’s at the rim & gives the team a minimum of an opportunity to get back & set D. It sets SU up for better success, especially at the end of games milking the clock with a lead

Agreed. Also think unselfish play is often contagious. Kadary is unselfish to a fault.

Joe is a decent passer, but he’s a shoot first kid. That’s just who he is as a player.

100%
Agreed. Also think unselfish play is often contagious. Kadary is unselfish to a fault.

Joe is a decent passer, but he’s a shoot first kid. That’s just who he is as a player.
A true facilitator. Makes the team around him better.

If Kadary can develop a consistent mid-range shot, not even a 3-point shot, watch out!!
His FT% bodes well for that. The guards that we had that couldn’t shoot...generally couldn’t shoot FT’s either.

He’s got a decent stroke and touch. I feel good about him becoming at least an adequate midrange/outside shooter.

Listen...I'm over this deal...but my last comment on this will be JBs actual words...

“That guy was hurting them so they actually are much better now without him,” Boeheim said on his weekly radio show. “He was just doing some things and keeping other people from playing that are good.”

I assume "THAT GUY", "HIM", and "HE" refer to Jalen Johnson.
So...yeah...

I thought it was good of him to address it, and I generally agree with him. But, he also rambled on way too long. Get your point in and move on. He also gets his little digs in, which doesn’t help (assuming he really was trying to clear this up).

End of the day, I thought Bilas was a bit off base in his “undertones” characterization of JB’s quote.

I thought it was good of him to address it, and I generally agree with him. But, he also rambled on way too long. Get your point in and move on. He also gets his little digs in, which doesn’t help (assuming he really was trying to clear this up).

End of the day, I thought Bilas was a bit off base in his “undertones” characterization of JB’s quote.
Even if his general point really was that Duke is better without the kid...so what? The problem is he couldve “Coach speaked” it up and just said something about how sometimes different combinations of kids click better than others or something. Nobody would have anything they could say or a narrative to run with if he did that.

I do believe him that he really was focused on Duke (because we’re playing them soon) when he made the statement, and not the kid.

I agree with some of the things JB said but why is he talking about this? He needs to focus on SU and winning games. You can't tell me he is not either defending his buddy K or trying to defend the win (if SU can get it) against a Duke team without one it's best players. Pulled the same crap with GTown last year. Coaches shouldn't take shots at players on other teams...he does that enough with his own players. Just focus on SU like you did in today's great win!

I agree with some of the things JB said but why is he talking about this? He needs to focus on SU and winning games. You can't tell me he is not either defending his buddy K or trying to defend the win (if SU can get it) against a Duke team without one it's best players. Pulled the same crap with GTown last year. Coaches shouldn't take shots at players on other teams...he does that enough with his own players. Just focus on SU like you did in today's great win!
Eh, I do think he was more doing the coach thing where they talk up the team they’re playing soon - especially if that team is suddenly playing much better.

The difference in the off the ball movement is remarkable when Kadary is in. Anybody who wants to debunk this, please watch the second half again and make it a point to look out for it.
It also makes a difference if Griffin is on the court too. He’s a ball stopper.

rolling the ball up half the game is just stupid if you are just gonna spend the first 15 seconds of the shot clock not doing anything to attack the D.. it only really makes sense if you want to stretch the game when the game clock is not running if you think 2-3 more secs is gonna help you get into an offense
Think of the several times this season when we stopped the offense for 28 0r 29 seconds only to have them hit a last second three. Challenge every possession from baseline to baseline. Our guards must be quick enough to get back and set up.

2 good defensive players in for those 2 is why we won.

I don't care if Joe and Alan are red hot we aren't getting stops to get back into the game with them on the floor.
This is the whole enchilada with this team. Too much of an emphasis on offense. We need to balance the offense of Joe, Buddy and Griffin with the defense that Kadary and Braswell can bring to the floor. Offense can have an off night but defense is pretty certain. Keep the hot offense player(s) on the floor but get some defense in the game.

Correct!! You don't average 50 points a game in high school by passing.

40-12 run to end the game.
Pretty good for Kadary’s plus/minus.

Also props to Buddy good job in the second half.
Did JB mention it post game?

Correct!! You don't average 50 points a game in high school by passing.
Of course he was a shoot first guy but...he did average 6 apg in HS. I don't think he is an unwilling passer, I just think he is limited in that way in D1 basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom