Notre Dame Soldout !! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Soldout !!

Bingo. Have heard this lots. Most will end up going especially now with how good syr. is.
A fact that many don’t know. Selling a ticket through Ticketmaster type sites, if the amount of the sale hits a certain level of profit you will get a 1099 to file. The IRS wants their share of your profit above the printed ticket price.
Ya gotta love lt

A fact that many don’t know. Selling a ticket through Ticketmaster type sites, if the amount of the sale hits a certain level of profit you will get a 1099 to file. The IRS wants their share of your profit above the printed ticket price.
Ya gotta love lt
It’s the same with eBay now this year. If you have over $600 in sales for the whole year you now have to report it to the IRS. No different than demanding a garage sale report their profits. I’ll leave it to the reader to decide how to feel about that.. lol.

Forgive me if this has already been answered somewhere else.

Is it possible that SU/ND could be in primetime, or is it guaranteed to be either Noon or 3:30?

Is it possible that SU/ND could be in primetime, or is it guaranteed to be either Noon or 3:30?
Guaranteed because they officially announced it as such I think.

It’s the same with eBay now this year. If you have over $600 in sales for the whole year you now have to report it to the IRS. No different than demanding a garage sale report their profits. I’ll leave it to the reader to decide how to feel about that.. lol.
I'm not an accountant, but I believe profits on resale of goods has always been taxable above a certain level. The only thing that changed is the IRS requirement of the brokers to file the report. Ticket reselling has become a very large business, which puts it squarely in the crosshairs of the IRS.

Like it or not, government is funded by the levying of taxes and our federal government has run at a deficit for the better part of 50 years for a multitude of reasons, so you better believe they will come after easy money.

I'm not an accountant, but I believe profits on resale of goods has always been taxable above a certain level. The only thing that changed is the IRS requirement of the brokers to file the report. Ticket reselling has become a very large business, which puts it squarely in the crosshairs of the IRS.

Like it or not, government is funded by the levying of taxes and our federal government has run at a deficit for the better part of 50 years for a multitude of reasons, so you better believe they will come after easy money.
What I don’t understand is how does eBay decide what the profit is. For instance, when I buy a baseball card in 2018 and sell it this year, how are they tracking what my profit actually is?

Guaranteed because they officially announced it as such I think.

Was t officially announced, however, the only time slots remaining are noon and 3:30

Unless of course, Notre Dame loses again and they throw it on ACCNX (obviously this will never happen)

Ya gotta love lt
This is the biggest negative of the move to all mobile tickets.

Scalping tickets was an art form and a service, and frankly….I miss it.

What I don’t understand is how does eBay decide what the profit is. For instance, when I buy a baseball card in 2018 and sell it this year, how are they tracking what my profit actually is?
I don't know. It may be up to the seller to keep the record of the purchase to determine the profit or pay tax on the full sale price.

Same. Coming in from AZ. Wanted to come last week but these things need to be planned in advance and I had already sold my NC St. tickets. In for Notre Dame through Fl. State.
We'll be expecting your visit to the Fine Mess, er, Syracruz Tail Gate!

Most of them are fans because their parents made them go to Catholic Church when they were kids, and they haven’t gone on their own ever since. It’s so weird.
It's not all Catholics, but specifically Irish Catholics. It has more to do with the Irishness than the Catholicness.
I'm Catholic and I've hated ND for a long, long time.

It's not all Catholics, but specifically Irish Catholics. It has more to do with the Irishness than the Catholicness.
I'm Catholic and I've hated ND for a long, long time.
It’s a bit of both. Even as an Irish American, as a thorough going Protestant, ND is immediately off the table for me. I grew up RC and even went to a Catholic school. Everyone I knew liked ND.

Most ND fans that I know are both Irish American and non practicing Catholics. That’s just my experience though so mileage may vary, My point is Irish Americans who don’t identify as Catholic don’t bother with ND in my experience.

This is the biggest negative of the move to all mobile tickets.

Scalping tickets was an art form and a service, and frankly….I miss it.
Just keep your total tix sold to under $600. I've sold about $300 of tix through TM this year. I much prefer selling privately to friends.

I probably talked with 4-5 different groups of people who came to the game, They were all 1 offs, no plans to come back.. They heard it was a thing and decided to come. I also think the price pt is gonna slow down many of the last min people.

It was an event game at a good price.. ND is not Duke BB for the local hype. I think the ND people are already in the door. I mean upperdeck seats for more than $250.. no casual fan is doing that.
I inquired at the Dome Box Office Saturday, prior to the game. They had $65.00 tickets in section 329.

Just keep your total tix sold to under $600. I've sold about $300 of tix through TM this year. I much prefer selling privately to friends.
I sold my NC State tixs through TM and received an e-mail asking me to provide seller details including my taxpayer id # before I can get paid. Is this legit? It seems like a silly step considering the transaction was done through the same account that they use for all of my ticket purchases.

I sold my NC State tixs through TM and received an e-mail asking me to provide seller details including my taxpayer id # before I can get paid. Is this legit? It seems like a silly step considering the transaction was done through the same account that they use for all of my ticket purchases.
Yes, IRS requirements...$600 limit

Most of them are fans because their parents made them go to Catholic Church when they were kids, and they haven’t gone on their own ever since. It’s so weird.
Didn’t the church get its start in Rome, not Dublin?

Yes, IRS requirements...$600 limit
Thanks. I'm under the threshold though which is part of what's bugging me. I'll probably end up selling my FSU tickets too, so that may put me over if we win a couple of these next three.

Thanks. I'm under the threshold though which is part of what's bugging me. I'll probably end up selling my FSU tickets too, so that may put me over if we win a couple of these next three.
I believe it's $600 for the year. So, just like an employer, they have to keep track of your annual figures.

BL: stay under $600

Cut your FSU tix pricing if close

I really loathe this rule that Congress passed

If you are doing a side hustle and use Electronic payment...it is going to bite many in the butt.

In my own case I buy and sell Cuse tix for the tailgates at cost. I need folks to pay me as Friends and Family to avoid a 1099-K. If they send it as a business transaction in the past wasn't a big deal but now screws me over as I'm doing this as a no profit goodwill thing.

If I get one (1099-K)...I'm out of this tailgate deal.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom