Notre Dame will beat us again! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame will beat us again!

Notre Dame is playing much better than SU. They play with a purpose and everyone plays to everyone else's strength. All we do is play one on one. They rebound better and are a lot tougher. SU doesn't do anything to get their teammates open. Nobody wants to admit it right now, but SU is playing lousy against mediocre teams. This is a very ugly team to watch right now. Since, we stopped playing every0ne some meaningful minutes, our intensity has dropped and some players have started going through the motions because noone is coming in for them. ND and Marquette are playing a lot better than SU. I know we're 28-1 but we are playing no where near as well as we were earlier in the year. Scoop is the only player that looks somewhat comfortable shooting the ball from three. Brandon was a basket case most of the game and Dion tried to take over and can't. Our whole offense is isolation and that will not work against a great defensive teams (ie. Kentucky, Marquette, ND, etc.). I hate to say it, but this team needs to get the **** kicked out of them to wake them up. SF had 10 points tonight just by our inability to balance the floor and get back on defense. That's the only way they stayed in the game. We didn't see that earlier in the year. If Scoop penetrates, Dion & KJ have no clue that they have to get back. It was embarrassing for the second ranked team in the country to have that happening t0 them in game number 29. If they don't get their act together, we are all going to witness another early exit from the Big East tournment and the NCAA.

BS gif.gif

If we play ND again we will beat them by a bakers dozen easy. As to the NCAA tourney Digger can wear bright green depends and it still wont matter. They will be out in the second round as always

What a horrible post, I love comments like "they play with purpose" What does that mean. What a bunch of crap. Break it down with something

If we play ND again, we will beat them. We play better against better competition and I am not worried about them at all.

If we play ND again, we will beat them. We play better against better competition and I am not worried about them at all.

Are people just forgetting that we played them without Fab the first time, but then again whatever works to just post a bucnh of crap. Sure the team is not playing well right now and have played through what I would call a typical skid in the season and have managed not to lose one game during that skid.. not to bad. It's what good teams do. I mean it doesn't get much worse than last night and USF is a well coached very scrappy team, move on. Win the next two at worse split, I don't care about the Big East tourney as it is a few days for the media and the fans to have fun and then the season starts.

We will need to win a couple of ugly games in the tournament to adavance very deep

If Notre Dame beats us, and who knows, maybe they will, I fear (well, really not fear, but do predict) the massive loss of life in a tidal surge of the saliva, urine, and semen of Digger Phelps and Lou Holtz. Lou because I'm pretty sure when he's not on air, ESPN keeps him tethered to a desk so he doesn't wander off and hand brown lunch sacks full of cash to high school football players.

Wow! I guess I got everyone worked up. My simple point was is that we are not playing our best ball and haven't for several games. I think I hit a nerve.

Wow! I guess I got everyone worked up. My simple point was is that we are not playing our best ball and haven't for several games. I think I hit a nerve.

Why do you say we are not playing our best ball? I mean literally I guess this is true as we weren't great on offense, but we held a team scoreless last night for nearly 10+ minutes. We went on a 26-0 run over that time period. This team is a defensive oriented team. It's calling card is defense, not offense. It is a huge adjustment for us as fans because that's never been the MO of JB teams. We are used to pretty offense, but that is not what this team is. It means our games are going to look ugly if we face someone that plays good defense and/or likes to slow the pace down. But when we have the entire team available we are better at playing ugly than anyone we've faced all year long.

We play the 2010 or the 1989 team, freaking over with. And lets not even talk about a 5 game series, or do I dare say a 7 game series against those teams?

not to mention if we have to draw the knicks or heat in the tournament right now either, both of them are on fire!

A couple things:

1. No Fab, and Sloth (aka Jack Cooley) went berzerkers against Rak and Baye
2. We played @ND (that won't happen again this year)
3. They hit 50% of their 3's (8-16) including 2-2 for Martin who had been shooting 15% for 3 on the season
4. Even though we were completely outplayed and down by 17 midway through the 2nd half we were still not out of the game. We pulled to within 6 with about a minute left before fizzling out.

You know what guys, damn it all. We are overrated. We are going to lose in the second round or 3rd, if we are lucky to even get there. The rest that believe otherwise drink way to much koolaid. Bottom line. Now go cry in your beers.
There's the spirit! Saves me a lot of time in March (and obviously no need to worry about April). Seriously, why do some of you people even bother following the program? It seems you're happier when we're struggling than when we are playing well.

Twenty-eight and one.

Think about it.

A couple things:

1. No Fab, and Sloth (aka Jack Cooley) went berzerkers against Rak and Baye
2. We played @ND (that won't happen again this year)
3. They hit 50% of their 3's (8-16) including 2-2 for Martin who had been shooting 15% for 3 on the season
4. Even though we were completely outplayed and down by 17 midway through the 2nd half we were still not out of the game. We pulled to within 6 with about a minute left before fizzling out.

We had about 3 possessions in a row where we had chances to get it down to a five point deficit and couldn't convert. Props to ND for holding us off on those trips, but I have a feeling that if we were able to break that seal ND would have panicked and we would have won.

I think the better storyline from last night is how bad is WVU?

I was just looking at their resume and it is kind of like USF, beat everyone they should have but lost to any decent tourney worthy team, which makes that upcoming matchup very interesting and I fully expect USF to win that game and knock WVU out

Eh should we really be talking about a team losing in the first weekend?
we have gotten past the first weekend in 2 of the last 3 years, so yes

but the second weekend, that's a different story

Notre Dame is playing much better than SU. They play with a purpose and everyone plays to everyone else's strength. All we do is play one on one. They rebound better and are a lot tougher. SU doesn't do anything to get their teammates open. Nobody wants to admit it right now, but SU is playing lousy against mediocre teams. This is a very ugly team to watch right now. Since, we stopped playing every0ne some meaningful minutes, our intensity has dropped and some players have started going through the motions because noone is coming in for them. ND and Marquette are playing a lot better than SU. I know we're 28-1 but we are playing no where near as well as we were earlier in the year. Scoop is the only player that looks somewhat comfortable shooting the ball from three. Brandon was a basket case most of the game and Dion tried to take over and can't. Our whole offense is isolation and that will not work against a great defensive teams (ie. Kentucky, Marquette, ND, etc.). I hate to say it, but this team needs to get the **** kicked out of them to wake them up. SF had 10 points tonight just by our inability to balance the floor and get back on defense. That's the only way they stayed in the game. We didn't see that earlier in the year. If Scoop penetrates, Dion & KJ have no clue that they have to get back. It was embarrassing for the second ranked team in the country to have that happening t0 them in game number 29. If they don't get their act together, we are all going to witness another early exit from the Big East tournment and the NCAA.

ND always overchieves in Big East play then gets burried in the NCAA tourney. This year will be no different. If I had to put money on which team go farther in the NCAA's I will bet SU without a thought. How is this years ND team any diffrent than the last 5 years?

I don't know if we'll beat them if we play again in NYC. But I sure as hell am willing to take out a second mortgage and contest Scoop's guarantee that we win by 20.

Its not about "hitting a nerve" or "getting everyone worked up".
Its about having a defeatist attitude about a team thats currently sporting the best record in school history.
Maybe if we played ND again, they win the game- but your post seems to suggest we shouldn't even bother to show up.
And you offer no concrete reasons why you hold that POV, other than the one game when we played w/out a major cog.
This team deserves more faith & credit than that.

You know what guys, damn it all. We are overrated. We are going to lose in the second round or 3rd, if we are lucky to even get there. The rest that believe otherwise drink way to much koolaid. Bottom line. Now go cry in your beers.

If you consider that we are 28-1, #2 team in the country, and the jerseys say "SYRACUSE" on them instead of UNC, Duke, Kentucky, or OSU...then yes, we are overrated.

I'm surprised moqui didn't like this. Really surprised.
why is that? I have posted on more than one occasion that I would like to see the team get another crack at full strength vs. ND in the BET

why is it so desperately important to you that this forum have uniformity of opinion? and not just uniformity, but uniformity on the invincibility of the team?

why is that? I have posted on more than one occasion that I would like to see the team get another crack at full strength vs. ND in the BET

why is it so desperately important to you that this forum have uniformity of opinion? and not just uniformity, but uniformity on the invincibility of the team?
easy there college boy. You are getting way too excited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom