Notre Lame! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Lame!

Yep, if they had a league, they could still win it. But, they have a razor thin margin and losing to Northern Illinois will surely take them out of even the possibility already in week 2.

It's only 1 loss. They beat Texas A&M last week.

It's only 1 loss. They beat Texas A&M last week.
You don't think that a Northern Illinois non conference loss with a conference to win would be better than a Northern Illinois loss as part of an independent schedule?

You don't think that a Northern Illinois non conference loss with a conference to win would be better than a Northern Illinois loss as part of an independent schedule?

With 12 teams, and the number of high-quality opponents they play, it will take 2 losses to be left out.

With 12 teams, and the number of high-quality opponents they play, it will take 2 losses to be left out.
I agree, but with the quality of opponents they play, taking a loss against Northern Illinois is not optimal. They should expect to beat Northern Illinois 99 times out of 100 if they want to play for a championship. But, their schedule is not the typical gauntlet we expect from ND. Louisville and USC may be the only ranked teams they play going forward and neither should be top 10. That doesn't sound like a playoff worthy independent team, even with 12 making it. Not with a loss to a MAC team. There will surely be more worthy teams.

Unbelievable spot on 3rd down cost Northern Illinois a first down and then Notre Dame saved a timeout because they did not run the clock. My Saturday is even better now with a Notre Dame loss.
yea. That was a 1st down, and I felt it was conclusive evidence of where the ball was when either of his 2 knees would have touched the ground.

So we have Notre Dame who thinks they are too good to join a conference ( I don't want to hear about tv contracts) and Fl. State who thinks they are too good for the ACC both flaming out. That is all...

Took the UHND board less than 5 minutes to call Freeman a DEI hire.

Um, wonder what that makes the Northern Illinois coach.
Thomas Hammock is a
Definitely
Embarrassing the
Irish coach... ;-)

I may, or may not, have teared up watching his post game... Definitely one of the best football moments of the year. LOVE it!

ND has a very soft schedule this year. Louisville and USC will be tough but other than that…..Florida State, Ga Tech and Purdue are as tough as it gets. The rest are cupcakes. Like MAC level teams…..oh wait.

I'm not going to be shocked if Angeli bolts in the off-season and is our starting QB next season.

Just remember this post.
I won’t forget it, cause I have thought the same thing! NJ guy, passed over for Hartman, plays well and wins bowl game, passed over for Leonard, watches McCord and Nixon offense…. Welcome to Cuse

I won’t forget it, cause I have thought the same thing! NJ guy, passed over for Hartman, plays well and wins bowl game, passed over for Leonard, watches McCord and Nixon offense…. Welcome to Cuse
Yessir, all of that.

The ndnation board is at an all-time low in terms of morale. The Freeman era is a bust, as is the Riley Leonard transfer. A poster opined that ND’s best head coach hire in the last 25 years was George O’Leary.

The ndnation board is at an all-time low in terms of morale. The Freeman era is a bust, as is the Riley Leonard transfer. A poster opined that ND’s best head coach hire in the last 25 years was George O’Leary.
Well, he never lost a game there…

I agree, but with the quality of opponents they play, taking a loss against Northern Illinois is not optimal. They should expect to beat Northern Illinois 99 times out of 100 if they want to play for a championship. But, their schedule is not the typical gauntlet we expect from ND. Louisville and USC may be the only ranked teams they play going forward and neither should be top 10. That doesn't sound like a playoff worthy independent team, even with 12 making it. Not with a loss to a MAC team. There will surely be more worthy teams.

Oh yeah, no question it's a bad loss. But it's not fatal, yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom