Nova game is big | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nova game is big

Inquiring minds want to know. I want to know. Hot dang, woman!
Sorry, cto. I have no shame.

She looks like a young Patsy Kensit, the hot chick from Lethal Weapon 2 who worked for the South Africans. Patsy was married to Liam Gallagher of Oasis. She was hot stuff back in the late 80s. It's obviously not her but the resemblance is there.

She looks like a young Patsy Kensit, the hot chick from Lethal Weapon 2 who worked for the South Africans. Patsy was married to Liam Gallagher of Oasis. She was hot stuff back in the late 80s. It's obviously not her but the resemblance is there.
Word, fan of her from Lethal Weapon 2. Patsy Kensit's younger, hotter sister?
;)

Big game indeed and payback as well. Nova has been impressive. They did however beat a fringe top 25 team and a highly over-rated KU team so will be interesting to see what they do against us. I think Ennis' cool with the ball in his hands is going to be trouble for Nova. Think we are not a good matchup for them ( nice for a change).

I worry that this will be the first game this year where Ennis will not be so cool with the ball in his hands. In which case the inside game will be our key to success. Nova will effectively shut our perimeter game down. Was glad to hear JB say he wants to see " better offense from our big fellas underneath."

I worry that this will be the first game this year where Ennis will not be so cool with the ball in his hands. In which case the inside game will be our key to success. Nova will effectively shut our perimeter game down. Was glad to hear JB say he wants to see " better offense from our big fellas underneath."

Agreed. I think their perimeter D may stifle Ennis/Silent G at times. They are going to have an aggressive defender hounding CJ all game. Bell or Pinkston. They are a bit undersized but both are physical dudes who can jump. Gotta win the battle in the paint and bring A effort on the glass. If our big guys stay hungry inside and we feed them consistently then I like our chances very much. If nothing is happening in the paint then it's going to be a long afternoon.

Losing to Temple last year was a reason why we got shipped out west so every game regardless is a big game. Doesnt matter whether its in December or February

But Marsh -

Last year's Temple team is no comparision talent wise to this years Nova team. Nova is and will remain highly ranked all year. Don't get me wrong, I want to win the game. It's just that a Nova loss won't be looked at as a bad loss in March.

They've beaten some pretty good teams without them.
Don't get me wrong I think UNC is a solid team and they have proved that against good teams, I just think match up wise Villanova could be a tougher opponent based on them having better shooters than UNC.

To be the best you got to beat the best no matter where you get shipped to. A few upsets also help.

In a press conference JB said flatly, "Good teams win." How can you argue with the guy!

But Marsh -

Last year's Temple team is no comparision talent wise to this years Nova team. Nova is and will remain highly ranked all year. Don't get me wrong, I want to win the game. It's just that a Nova loss won't be looked at as a bad loss in March.

Correct but a Nova win and THEY have the inside track to Buffalo. We are both competing for the same pod.

Agreed. I think their perimeter D may stifle Ennis/Silent G at times. They are going to have an aggressive defender hounding CJ all game. Bell or Pinkston. They are a bit undersized but both are physical dudes who can jump. Gotta win the battle in the paint and bring A effort on the glass. If our big guys stay hungry inside and we feed them consistently then I like our chances very much. If nothing is happening in the paint then it's going to be a long afternoon.

I don't disagree of this possibility. If Nova's crazy trapping D can't turn Tyler over I am not sure what can. The thing with Nova is that because of the pressure they tend to leave shooters open. Iowa got a ton of open looks and missed quite a few. Trevor could have a field day in this one. Our bigs should as well. Will be a fun game. Glad this one is at home.

Correct but a Nova win and THEY have the inside track to Buffalo. We are both competing for the same pod.
Nova and Cuse can both go to Buffalo

I'm really excited. It will be the first time in ?? that we'll be playing a top-10 team in the dome pre-conference. Pretty rare to have the loudhouse truly a rockin' before January.

I'm really excited. It will be the first time in ?? that we'll be playing a top-10 team in the dome pre-conference. Pretty rare to have the loudhouse truly a rockin' before January.

Florida, two years ago.

But I'm equally excited. Especially because an old rival has a lot more appeal than Florida.

Only 2 protected seeds (1-4) per pod. SU, tOSU, and Nova should be in the top 4 seed discussion all year, so only 2 of those 3 will be in Buffalo.

I am looking forward to Round 1 of Ennis vs Ennis.

One of Villanova's best players is a transfer from Rice named Dylan Ennis. Ennis missed the early part of the season with a broken hand, but has played in the last 6 games for the Wildcats. He started off with a bang, scoring 14 points and making 3 of 3 from the 3 point circle to lead Nova to a victory over #2 Kansas.

Only a sophomore, he is averaging 9.7 ppg, 3.3 rpg and leads the Wildcats in asg with 3.3. Also their best outside shooter (42.9% from the 3 point circle). He is going to be a good one for them.

And, oh yeah, he is Tyler's older brother.

Link

We can lose any game after High Point. Fwiw, I think UNC > Villanova.

I dunno, DB. I think the two coaches in college hoops that have established themselves as bonafide SU zone destroyers and completely at ease winning in the Dome are Jay Wright and Jamie Dixon (and you could probably say Rick Pitino as well). Nova personally makes me more nervous than UNC.

I dunno, DB. I think the two coaches in college hoops that have established themselves as bonafide SU zone destroyers and completely at ease winning in the Dome are Jay Wright and Jamie Dixon (and you could probably say Rick Pitino as well). Nova personally makes me more nervous than UNC.

The only reason why is because Nova knows what we do and has seen is up front and personal for years. Its all about execution when we play them.

why would OSU go to Buffalo?
Assuming OSU has a good season and finishes say in the top 10, the committee will try and seed them in the region closest to Columbus, OH.

Buffalo is 330.8 miles from Columbus. Milwaukee, the next closest site, is 449.5 miles (Raleigh is 480.4).
NCAA 2014 Regional Locations.png

despite being closer wouldn't Milwaukee or St Louis be more B1G country?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom