Now arriving... | Syracusefan.com

Now arriving...

Wow that’s a lot of early enrollees. Plus the transfers. That’s great. Most our big name signings too. Can never get to campus too early. Great job and this off season just keeps getting stronger for the staff and team

144% THIS ^

In years past, it seemed like we had maybe 4-6 early enrollees.
And more often than not, our breakout Frosh players that next season, came from that crop.
Which all makes sense - they've got a distinct leg up over guys who don't arrive til Summer.

Between these HS kids, and all the transfers (and hopefully a few more these next few days), we should have a really solid roster going into Spring ball.

Plus - we've got Rhino back for his 15th season! ;)

AND!!! New OC and QB coaches, which means we'll have some semblance of a plan on O this year!!

That Orange kool-aid is starting to taste pretty sweet these days.

144% THIS ^

In years past, it seemed like we had maybe 4-6 early enrollees.
And more often than not, our breakout Frosh players that next season, came from that crop.
Which all makes sense - they've got a distinct leg up over guys who don't arrive til Summer.

Between these HS kids, and all the transfers (and hopefully a few more these next few days), we should have a really solid roster going into Spring ball.

Plus - we've got Rhino back for his 15th season! ;)

AND!!! New OC and QB coaches, which means we'll have some semblance of a plan on O this year!!

That Orange kool-aid is starting to taste pretty sweet these days.
At this point, Rhino should be a player-Coach. But great to have the big man back for one last season. Plow the road Big Man!

Good to get these guys in early, learning the system/playbook, and working on gaining good weight if needed. Helps to fill in gaps left by the portal departures and realistic possibility of some of these guys hitting the 2 deep if they do all the right things. Exciting stuff.

Attachments

• 90CFDCAC-2D92-4FAC-82F2-2F8AD5D63DEA.gif
    90CFDCAC-2D92-4FAC-82F2-2F8AD5D63DEA.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 91
Particularly excited to get the D-Linemen and RB in early. With the lack of proven entities at DL and question mark of Hough's health at RB, these guys could really get some good reps in the Spring.

Since I know this is readily available in OX's head (and several spots on this board), how many available players will we have in the spring? Including any non scholarship players that are in a regular rotation (thinking Cooper and Darton).

Besides Bleich, do we know anyone else who will miss the spring due to injury?

Nice to see players on campus. Now let’s get the call to pick our seats and I’ll be really excited.

The part that I found to be even more intriguing was: "Look for transfer additions to be announced in the coming days."

I take that to mean, new portal transfers.
Really? I just assumed this is the freshman early enrollees list. And then the list of transfer enrollees will come in a couple days and doesn’t necessarily mean there will be ones we don’t know about.

Last edited:
Since I know this is readily available in OX's head (and several spots on this board), how many available players will we have in the spring? Including any non scholarship players that are in a regular rotation (thinking Cooper and Darton).

Besides Bleich, do we know anyone else who will miss the spring due to injury?
Dec/Jan is surgery season. Sure to have been a handful. I've heard of some others, but have no idea what for, as its their business. IF we get an accurate spring depth chart, I suppose we find out then.

Was their any media access last spring?

He is literally going from 90 to 9 degrees
Tiana Mangakahia from SU’s basketball team was from Australia - maybe the weather here motivates Aussies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom