Now, pay attention to what Babers is saying | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Now, pay attention to what Babers is saying

There is a wait and see crowd with every fan base in every level of sports. Its inevitable. We have to live with it. There is too much CNY bashing from outsiders on this board. Its nauseating.
I'm not an outsider, I grew up in CNY and spent my first 31 years there. As a whole we are a bit more fair weather than other areas. However, that doesn't bother me entirely. The northeast has two cultural differences from areas that live and breath football. First, it is more pro sports heavy and there is less identity with the local private college that most didn't/couldn't attend . If you don't produce a quality product they're not gonna pay attention to it. Second it's more blue collar/industrial. I think those types of people are less likely to spend their time and money on something they see as unentertaining that they don't have a connection to. The other part of that is the time factor. My dad worked a lot of weekends to support his family and when I was working in the factory there were a lot of Saturdays that were mandatory for me and I worked 2nd shift.

I think HCDB is going to solve the winning and entertaining side of things. The other cultural stuff will remain which isn't all bad.

One other attendance factor... The Dome was built too big. There was no historical reason to believe that CNY could support a 50,000 seat football venue. That capacity has wreaked havoc on the supply/demand dynamic for 37 years and counting.

One other attendance factor... The Dome was built too big. There was no historical reason to believe that CNY could support a 50,000 seat football venue. That capacity has wreaked havoc on the supply/demand dynamic for 37 years and counting.
If you go strictly by population it isn't, smaller communities support larger venues. I think the other factors would have to be considered. I doubt those entered anybody's mind back then.

i dont buy it. if we can average a high number for basketball fhen we can do better for football

sufandu said:
If you go strictly by population it isn't, smaller communities support larger venues. I think the other factors would have to be considered. I doubt those entered anybody's mind back then.

Most smaller markets are supporting a state school that draws from a much broader, more connected base.

Honestly its not worth worrying about. When we're good we average at least in the low 40s, with spikes into the mid/upper 40s. It doesn't take much for us to improve attendance.

I am also thinking that Coyle's attendance policy is why the attendance was so low at the game on Friday. I think Wildhack needs to change this ASAP.

Nobody calculates attendance this way in college, his "dealing in truth" is such BS.

Keep actual numbers internal and announce tickets sold. Fix the attendance problem, don't make it worse by letting every publication in the country advertise how bad our actual attendance is.

It wasn't a story until that A$$Clown changed the policy, now everyone is running with it making it worse.

Agree, publishing the lower #, instead of tickets sold does nothing positive to promoting and marketing the program. Publish actual seats sold, increase the number, increase perception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom