Now that is obvious the Big East is going to expand | Syracusefan.com

Now that is obvious the Big East is going to expand

Alsacs

Living Legend
When do you believe we will be playing in the ACC? I am hoping if the Big East adds Air Force, and Navy the Big East will let us out for the 2012 football season. If we aren't in the ACC for the 2012-2013 calender and have to wait till the 2014-2015 season I believe we shouldn't schedule any Big East teams for a while. Being held hostage by Marinatto out of spite is classless and just shows the doofus can't move on. The presidential meetings did nothing to assure me that we will get out for the 2012 season which sucks.

I still believe that the Big East is going to collapse before football season ends. Mass defection to Big 12, including TCU, who has no legal obligations to the league. R.I.P. Big East as a BCS Bowl auto-qualifier. R.I.P. Rutgers and UConn. SU reclaims tri-state recruiting prominence in both sports. That's what we want as our end-game, at least from the perspective of being an SU sports fan. Rivals have come and gone.

There are a lot of familiar teams in the ACC, but we don't want to perpetuate UConn as a major team; they are young and vulnerable. This is where their lack of history, lack of "heritage" comes back to haunt them. I really want Calhoun to retire soon, and then let's see what happens to them.

I agree we don't want RU or UConn in the ACC and neither is getting into the B1G unless ND comes aboard and Missouri is not available and then only 1 of the 2 would be available. However, I don't think the Big XII is going to expand beyond 12. I just want when the Big East adds football members this week to release SU and Pitt ASAP and move on. Holding teams out of spite is low class, and if PC wants a SU game make us and Pitt sign agreements to play a number of Big East teams in Home/Home non-conference games and let us go.

When do you believe we will be playing in the ACC? I am hoping if the Big East adds Air Force, and Navy the Big East will let us out for the 2012 football season. If we aren't in the ACC for the 2012-2013 calender and have to wait till the 2014-2015 season I believe we shouldn't schedule any Big East teams for a while. Being held hostage by Marinatto out of spite is classless and just shows the doofus can't move on. The presidential meetings did nothing to assure me that we will get out for the 2012 season which sucks.

We'll be playing in the ACC in 2012. Right now Marinatto is playing the waiting game with Pitt and Syracuse hoping to get exit fees upped from $5 mill. He knows that both schools want out badly and are willing to pay a premium on the $5 mill to do so. My guess is eventually we'll just negotiate an exit fee and be done with this godforsaken conference

I'm just so happy to be out of this dog poop conference. I'm so happy to not have to defend the indefensible. The conference should lose it's AQ and stop the charade.
Watching our game, then Uconn lose to W Mich, then Louisville lose to Marshall, and of course USF had their usual meltdown, all I could think was please pay whatever it takes to get out of this embarrassment of a conference.

There are a lot of familiar teams in the ACC, but we don't want to perpetuate UConn as a major team; they are young and vulnerable. This is where their lack of history, lack of "heritage" comes back to haunt them. I really want Calhoun to retire soon, and then let's see what happens to them.

Since you can't compete with them, you kill them*.

Oh.

It's like that? Ok. At least you're honest.

*Obviously only a BB argument because me and 10 random guys could beat them in FB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom