Now that it has been a while | Syracusefan.com

Now that it has been a while

MassOrange

Walk On
I realize little could be done publicly, but was there any behind-the-scenes push-back about the officiating in the Ohio State game? And any response, feedback or punishment?

Not sure what you were expecting to be done. What's the point?

Umm the NCAA did not want to have to hear about SU, the Fine thing, Fab's bad grades and the weed thing for a whole week. They took us out of the competition and almost no one spoke up because they probably expected it,

Not sure what you were expecting to be done. What's the point?

sometimes you just want to know you are right. a memo to the refs would have been nice.

Rumor has it that they are planning on re-staging the final four sometime in early June when Bernie is reinstated. The logistics are still being worked out though.

Umm the NCAA did not want to have to hear about SU, the Fine thing, Fab's bad grades and the weed thing for a whole week. They took us out of the competition and almost no one spoke up because they probably expected it,
Sadly that is exactly what I think happened.

I know a couple articles published by college basketball analysts after the Championship game went on to talk about the tourney's highs and lows and in a bunch of them the officiating in our game was ripped to shreds and called a disgrace. Made me feel a little bit better.

I know a couple articles published by college basketball analysts after the Championship game went on to talk about the tourney's highs and lows and in a bunch of them the officiating in our game was ripped to shreds and called a disgrace. Made me feel a little bit better.

Usually, I think the officiating is better in the tourney than in the regular season (especially compared to the BE with the likes of Burr and company).

But this year really exposed some tourney officials. Compare the title game (almost anything goes, 31 total fouls) with the OSU-SU game (almost everything is called, 49 total fouls). Not to mention that we had 22 fouls called on us by ONE OFFICIAL. Hachet job hardly described it -- the stripes hyjacked the game and skewed the outcome.

It was a record number of calls, and the ref's absolutely got in the way. Hard to believe that the head of NCAA officials (who attended the game) didn't come away wondering how that crew got assigned to a final 8 game.

Next year, I hope John Higgins is whistling CYO games.

If they wanted to do that maybe the refs shouldn't have gave us the extra "help" in the UNC Asheville game.

If they wanted to do that maybe the refs shouldn't have gave us the extra "help" in the UNC Asheville game.
C'mon! That would have been too obvious. Put your tin foil hat on, man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom