Now That the 2017 Schedule Crisis Has Passed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Now That the 2017 Schedule Crisis Has Passed

i thought we also had storz in the Dome for 18.

throw in a 1aa and we need 1.

Arkansas is going to A & M that year, doubt theyd want to go on the road and obviously, with us at ND, that is not how we should do it either.

army only has 5 home games that year and has 2 open dates in Nov...maybe we fill 1 at Yankee Stadium??
You are right about UConn. I added them to the 2018 schedule.

Regarding Army, I would be happy to play them in a home and home. A lot of other schools in the Northeast has done this recently, ranging from RU and UConn to UMass and UB. I don't understand why we wouldn't pull the trigger. It would be a great chance for SU fans to travel to an away game in a location convenient for many.

If the home Army game was played at Yankee Stadium, that would be fine too. Though I have to say, I enjoy West Point a tad more than the Bronx.

Last edited:
Look at out geography!!! How do teams like university of Washington, Minnesota, and Arizona make it look so easy in less populated locales???

I'm not so sure about less populated. Seattle and MSP are large TV markets of around 4 million people (compared to around 600k in Syracuse).

I'm not so sure about less populated. Seattle and MSP are large TV markets of around 4 million people (compared to around 600k in Syracuse).
I think the point is that SU has many more potential opponents nearby, i.e., within the state, than any of the examples given.

I think the point is that SU has many more potential opponents nearby, i.e., within the state, than any of the examples given.
... and those schools have one fewer OOC game to schedule each year.

Army would be great if we could get them - loyal fan base, some history there, a great game whether it is in the Dome, at West Point or at Yankee stadium. This is one we should be doing every year, a far better option than most in state teams including Colgate. Heads and tails above UAlbany, Buffalo, Stony Brook, etc.

Army would be great if we could get them - loyal fan base, some history there, a great game whether it is in the Dome, at West Point or at Yankee stadium. This is one we should be doing every year, a far better option than most in state teams including Colgate. Heads and tails above UAlbany, Buffalo, Stony Brook, etc.
We are...but not until 2023

Syracuse Orange Football Schedules | Future Schedules

i give up on fighting the good, smart fight for games at Giants Stadium, heres what the Orange should do...

vlcsnap-2010-11-20-18h30m03.jpg

Agreed. Though I would be okay playing a low level P5 like Kansas, Indiana, Rutgers, etc...

Low level lile kansas indiana or low low low level like shouldnt even be d1 level such as rutgers

Let's talk about 2018, where we only have an away game at ND scheduled OOC and 2019, when we only have Holy Cross at home and a game at Maryland in place OOC.

Michigan just dropped a home and home series with Arkansas scheduled to be played in 2018-19 to play Notre Dame instead. Syracuse could probably jump into that void with Arkansas if we want to continue to play ridiculously hard OOC schedules in future years.

your move Herm

Incompetence800x600.jpg

If they already have a P5 school on the schedule, it doesn't make sense to add another. Schedule to make a bowl!

Thought there was a site that listed FBS schools with openings. Found this one that lists schedules but you have to click team by team. Army is full. UMass has openings but would likely have to move dates and Liberty is wide open.

2018 College Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

i give up on fighting the good, smart fight for games at Giants Stadium, heres what the Orange should do...

Syracuse should do the smart thing and build a kick ass 30k basketball arena. Let the football team play games at MetLife, New Era, Yankee, Michie, UB, and Schoellkopf.

So for this year:

Schoellkopf: Central Conn State, Middle Tenn State
UB: Central Michigan
Michie: Wake
Yankee: BC
New Era: Pitt
MetLife: Clemson

That gives us 2 games in Ithaca, 2 games in Buffalo, and 2 games in NYC. NY's college team.