Now that the Sloan news is out | Syracusefan.com

Now that the Sloan news is out

GoSU96

Living Legend
that's what I meant about injuries are going to happen.

Let's hope Raymon gets his waiver and Jones or Walls can play this year.

Better that the major ones happen to the backups.

that's what I meant about injuries are going to happen.

Let's hope Raymon gets his waiver and Jones or Walls can play this year.

Better that the major ones happen to the backups.
not for them:bat:

Injuries happen but at some point you have to wonder if there is an issue with the strength and conditioning program or the way practice is run/structured. Camp is barely a week old and we allready have a player out for the year, a player out 3-5 weeks and a player who is out for an undetermind amount of time with a broken hand or fingers. This isnt even counting the three other guys who were injured in spring practice who are out for the year Foster, Addazio etc. Not trying to say we shouldnt expect injuries but this is becoming a pattern year after year.

IMO he was not going to play anyway. Jucos and hopefully Ramon will be the dt depth

Injuries happen but at some point you have to wonder if there is an issue with the strength and conditioning program.

That's been questioned a few times over the past few years.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's been questioned a few times over the past few years.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Might be time to review what off season workouts or in season stuff Hicks and company are giving these guys. Were on a streak of about a decade straight where we have lost at least one player for the year in pre-season camp and things dont look improved this year. Injuries are a part of the game but even by sure luck teams usually get a year or two where injuries are minimal and only a couple players are lost for significant periods. SU has to lead the league each year in players either out for the season or out for significant time 4 weeks or more. Id be curious to see other teams injury totals the past 4-5 years.

Might be time to review what off season workouts or in season stuff Hicks and company are giving these guys. Were on a streak of about a decade straight where we have lost at least one player for the year in pre-season camp and things dont look improved this year. Injuries are a part of the game but even by sure luck teams usually get a year or two where injuries are minimal and only a couple players are lost for significant periods. SU has to lead the league each year in players either out for the season or out for significant time 4 weeks or more. Id be curious to see other teams injury totals the past 4-5 years.

You just aren't paying attention to other teams. This happens everywhere. This year (knock on wood), its been minimal. One major injury to a back-up DT shouldn't be setting off any alarms. There have been years in the past where the injuries have seemed excessive. At least to this point, this isn't one of them.

You just aren't paying attention to other teams. This happens everywhere. This year (knock on wood), its been minimal. One major injury to a back-up DT shouldn't be setting off any alarms. There have been years in the past where the injuries have seemed excessive. At least to this point, this isn't one of them.

Not disagreeing with you but were what a week into camp with maybe 3 practice in full pads and allready have 3 singificant injuries, not sure I would call that minimal unless that was the total near the end of camp. Either way I certianly am not panicking just a little tired of seeing all these injuries year after year, hopefully the rest of camp goes smoothly with only a few bumps and bruises.

We have 85+ players banging into one another on a daily basis...each fighting for a limited number of roster spots.

Its not only unrealistic to think we could go through camp injury free...its foolish. If we had a camp where no one got hurt, I'd question whether that camp was actually hard enough.

Injuries happen but at some point you have to wonder if there is an issue with the strength and conditioning program or the way practice is run/structured. Camp is barely a week old and we allready have a player out for the year, a player out 3-5 weeks and a player who is out for an undetermind amount of time with a broken hand or fingers. This isnt even counting the three other guys who were injured in spring practice who are out for the year Foster, Addazio etc. Not trying to say we shouldnt expect injuries but this is becoming a pattern year after year.

Addazio was hurt before he ever hit campus. Not sure he's ever fully recovered as hoped.

As for the rest, prehaps it's freak accidents but I'd wonder if it's something related more to nutrition & supplements or lack thereof vs the actually training regimen causing the issues?

Not disagreeing with you but were what a week into camp with maybe 3 practice in full pads and allready have 3 singificant injuries, not sure I would call that minimal unless that was the total near the end of camp. Either way I certianly am not panicking just a little tired of seeing all these injuries year after year, hopefully the rest of camp goes smoothly with only a few bumps and bruises.

I count 1 significant injury and its to a back-up DT. Hate losing anybody obviously and wish Sloan a speedy return but "Out for years' happen to every team in the country during camp. This doesn't have the feel of the last few years where it seemed we got hit by injury after injury during the spring and Camp.

Addazio was hurt before he ever hit campus. Not sure he's ever fully recovered as hoped.

As for the rest, prehaps it's freak accidents but I'd wonder if it's something related more to nutrition & supplements or lack thereof vs the actually training regimen causing the issues?

Good point about nutrition and supplments perhaps that is playing a role. Could just be bad luck or maybe Doug is really running a tough strenous practice. The Bills a few years ago had a similar problem and ended up changing there whole strenght and conditioning program which did seem to help but it could all be crapshoot. Hopefully we can catch a break for the rest of camp.

dejavu every tear
you only notice because we are always thin

I count 1 significant injury and its to a back-up DT. Hate losing anybody obviously and wish Sloan a speedy return but "Out for years' happen to every team in the country during camp. This doesn't have the feel of the last few years where it seemed we got hit by injury after injury during the spring and Camp.

Perhaps your right Rene is only 3-5 weeks but to me anythig thats more then a few weeks is significant but I see your point. I agree it doesnt appear as bad as earlier years but remember we have 2+ weeks to go in camp yet I just hope injuries moving forward are minimal.

dejavu every tear

you only notice because we are always thin

Yup great point, lack of depth certainly makes the injuries much more noticeable see Shamarko and Chandler last year.

Good point about nutrition and supplments perhaps that is playing a role. Could just be bad luck or maybe Doug is really running a tough strenous practice. The Bills a few years ago had a similar problem and ended up changing there whole strenght and conditioning program which did seem to help but it could all be crapshoot. Hopefully we can catch a break for the rest of camp.

I don't think our injury numbers are bad at all this year. They're down from years past and they seem like natural attrition numbers vs the same injury repeatedly. If you go through 2 adays at any level you're going to see some injuries. Just the nature of the beast when youre trying to push the human body as far as it can go, and then convince it to go just a bit further still. Even watching the olympics the last couple weeks you would see athletes with top conditioning, unlimited specialized training and nutrition pulling up with injuries.

Maybe it's the turf?

Who knows but I don't think there's anything that can be done. From what I understand Rene got absolutely blasted by Shamarko. And as for Shamarko it's his hand. I don't think any amount of dieting or steriods or his 'type' of workout would prevent that from happening. It's football as far as I'm concerned.

Buttgers just lost a DT for the year with a broken bone. LVille lost their WR Harris for the year with a blown ACL. Missouri's camp has been a MASH unit. happens we just happen to pay more attention to Syracuse's injury report than anyone elses.

Perhaps your right Rene is only 3-5 weeks but to me anythig thats more then a few weeks is significant but I see your point. I agree it doesnt appear as bad as earlier years but remember we have 2+ weeks to go in camp yet I just hope injuries moving forward are minimal.

Rene I'm guessing seperated shoulder. I know if someone muffs a punt in Rene's absence I want to see kcsu acknowledge it.

Rene I'm guessing seperated shoulder. I know if someone muffs a punt in Rene's absence I want to see kcsu acknowledge it.

LOL I was thinking the same thing, its pretty much a given that whoever the replacement is will now muff a punt. I know people want more from Rene in terms of actualy gaining yards but you need to have a return actually set up where half the punt team hasnt surrounded him before he even catches the ball, plus the guy doesnt drop anything.

supplements and vitamins.? Something hicks has done? Have you seen the size of these guys? It happens everywhere, especially when they start hitting one another, this board is ridiculous, get out more often, move around, injuries happen, especially when you get great athletes and Guys over 300 pounds on a collision course. Syracuse is no different than any other program... Hicks has some weak spots but how the f is he suppose to prevent injuries and I am not a huge hicks fan.

Maybe Thomas could be a costanza hand model? Rene gets lit up and is a Runt and somehow it's vitamins and hicks fault

Sloan was hurt in a no contact drill.

Sloan was hurt in a no contact drill.

Yeah saw that in the article on syracuse.com, absolutely hate when that happens. I think Carter dislocated his hip in a non contract drill to, freak injuries.

No one here must pay attention to the UCLA's, Purdue's, and Arkansas's of the world. UCLA loses about 5 guys a year for the season during training camp. This is not an abberation here, we're normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom