Now that the Sloan news is out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Now that the Sloan news is out

I listen to a lot of satellite radio and each day since camp has started they have been listing injuries at many schools. Of course it is never from schools in the Big East because we don't exist on those shows, but I have come to understand this happens everywhere. Unfortunately it seems like it hurts here more because they are our team and we don't have a list of replacements always standing in the wings. With that said I hope we can come through the rest of camp strong and healthy.

1 factor I haven't seen mentioned. If the roster is truly getting "better" - higher quality. These guys are going to get injured. The competition is more fierce, guys are pushing themselves harder, and they are not just going out and beating up on the 2nd/3rd string guys as easily as before.

It's football, this is what happens.

Anyone who does any form of training on a regular basis gets hurt one way or another, let alone doing it every day. Some injuries are worse than others but there will always be injuries.

I don't think any amount of dieting or steriods or his 'type' of workout would prevent that from happening. It's football as far as I'm concerned.

This. Plus, I'd suggest that if there are guys who are battling severe depression, early onset dementia and routinely dying in their 50s after playing this sport for 20 years, a season-ending knee injury or hand injury, etc., is not going to be particularly rare. It sucks and it's hard not to feel snake-bit at times but it's just part of this sport.

And, it should be noted as well, that you have to have contact in camp so you're ready for the speed and ferocity of the regular season. No way to prepare for it.

supplements and vitamins.? Something hicks has done? Have you seen the size of these guys? It happens everywhere, especially when they start hitting one another, this board is ridiculous, get out more often, move around, injuries happen, especially when you get great athletes and Guys over 300 pounds on a collision course. Syracuse is no different than any other program... Hicks has some weak spots but how the f is he suppose to prevent injuries and I am not a huge hicks fan.

Maybe Thomas could be a costanza hand model? Rene gets lit up and is a Runt and somehow it's vitamins and hicks fault

I saw some practice video, Rene is looking a little bigger than the runt he used to be. Maybe he's just wearing bigger pads.

But these things happen, seems like a stretch to look at the current situation and blame conditioning in any way. As Phat said, compared to some schools, we should feel lucky at this point. And if we should lose a bigger name, eh, I'll get over it. At some point you just get used this stuff. Losing hardly bothers me anymore. GRob is the Dalai Lama himself, he brought me peace. But seriously, F him.

I saw when Rene got hurt. At fan fest, I was sitting in the front row where it happened. It was during the full scrimmage. Rene was running the ball towards the sideline when shamarko absolutely put a shot on him, right on the shoulder. It was a crowd pleasing hit. Rene got up immediately but he held his arm down and tight to his hip as he ran across the field back to his team sideline. I thought it was a stinger or something. Turned out to be more.

tipphill mentioned depth in an earlier post and think its a valid point. The last few years I literally was crossing my fingers for the entirety of camp that we didn't see any injuries, even to back-ups. This year, there is only one unit where I find myself praying that I don't see a Rahme article on an injury. That's the OL. Everywhere else, we seem to have some pretty significant depth.

that's what I meant about injuries are going to happen.

ps.

Injuries happen to every single program every year.

Stuff happens. We have our numbers. Time to stop hoping and start executing across the board.

supplements and vitamins.? Something hicks has done? Have you seen the size of these guys? It happens everywhere, especially when they start hitting one another, this board is ridiculous, get out more often, move around, injuries happen, especially when you get great athletes and Guys over 300 pounds on a collision course. Syracuse is no different than any other program... Hicks has some weak spots but how the f is he suppose to prevent injuries and I am not a huge hicks fan.

Maybe Thomas could be a costanza hand model? Rene gets lit up and is a Runt and somehow it's vitamins and hicks fault

Bubble wrap and pattycake.

sure do hope raymon gets cleared. Im not sure if the walls kid is ready for action this year. Raymon would be great at the DT rotation with his size and speed. I know we can always put goggins inside but I prefer him to play DE the majority of the time and play DT in passing situations. Looks like Jones is gonna have to contribute this year

sure do hope raymon gets cleared. Im not sure if the walls kid is ready for action this year. Raymon would be great at the DT rotation with his size and speed. I know we can always put goggins inside but I prefer him to play DE the majority of the time and play DT in passing situations. Looks like Jones is gonna have to contribute this year

No question--Raymon just being a very important rotation option, if he's cleared.

That happening would be a huge shot in the arm at DT.

Rene I'm guessing seperated shoulder. I know if someone muffs a punt in Rene's absence I want to see kcsu acknowledge it.
and if someone actually returns a punt for positive yardage i would appreciate the same from you phat

Injuries happen but at some point you have to wonder if there is an issue with the strength and conditioning program or the way practice is run/structured. Camp is barely a week old and we allready have a player out for the year, a player out 3-5 weeks and a player who is out for an undetermind amount of time with a broken hand or fingers. This isnt even counting the three other guys who were injured in spring practice who are out for the year Foster, Addazio etc. Not trying to say we shouldnt expect injuries but this is becoming a pattern year after year.

Football results in injuries.

It is part of the game and it happens with every program.

The pattern is simple- it's football.

Absolutely. But a few (not you) use it as an excuse for losses or the record. Happened last year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Exactly.

BC is getting decimated by injuries this summer.

Absolutely. But a few (not you) use it as an excuse for losses or the record. Happened last year.

Excuse, or reason?

and if someone actually returns a punt for positive yardage i would appreciate the same from you phat

returns a punt for postive yardage when there or no defenders around and there's room for a return or postive yardage when there is 3 defenders within 2 feet of the ball?

Yeah, I think I used the "we're very young on defense" excuse.

Excuse, or reason?

There's a difference when injuries happen to every team?

returns a punt for postive yardage when there or no defenders around and there's room for a return or postive yardage when there is 3 defenders within 2 feet of the ball?
returns a punt for positive yardage phat lets not make excuses Rene is a good punt catcher we have been over this before

that's what I meant about injuries are going to happen.

Let's hope Raymon gets his waiver and Jones or Walls can play this year.

Better that the major ones happen to the backups.
Even "backups getting hurt always seems to trickle down to the starter by the time the season gets going. Whatever position gets affected the injuries seem to point at that spot. Much like us when a body part gets dinged the spot seems to attract more banging and subsequent ":bat: ouches."

In the immortal words of Bud Poliquin, "football eats its young". Injuries are going to happen. Book it. Having a developed 2 and 3 deep roster mitigates some of it, but it still sucks when it happens to key guys like shamarko

Injuries do happen ... and when's the last time we had a second DL rotation that weighed in at half a ton? Not all those guys may see the field, or are in game condition, but still -- been a while since we had depth like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom