Now that we're in the ACC, who should we irrationally despise? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Now that we're in the ACC, who should we irrationally despise?

Now that we're in the ACC, it would be irrational to despise UConn.

Hating anyone in the ACC is entirely rational.

UWho?

Virginia Tech. A lot of my buddies go there (one is even on the team and another is the manager) and I was raised to hate VT so choosing them makes it a very easy decision to make. Their fans make me nuts and I hate Beamer.

I pity NC State more than despise them. They are just like the kid who has a couple older brothers (UNC and Duke) who just beat up on them and call the shots, so you feel bad for the kid but it's also funny because the little kid is a dbag.

Forget irrational... The whole point to being in the ACC is having real rivalries again, rational ones with history and teeth. NC State has planted the seed. SPitt, BEagles, and CHokies were all legit rivalries. We only hated Miami like the fat girl hates the prom queen, they owned us unless they were on probation so I don't consider that a rivalry, more like class is now in session type of stuff.

As for Rutgers, it wasn't irrational either. We owned them for decades. P and staff start to fall off, Rutgers beats a couple of weak P teams, P gets fired, Rice goes to Rutgers, they have a winning season, suddenly they come posting on our boards about how they have taken over our place. Their fans are dbags, Schiano was a dbag, and the entire Ath Dept up there is clueless...yet their fans think they are suddenly ready to win the NC despite having 0 tradition and never even winning the conference. Their Ath Dept is douchy, their coach was douchy, and their fans are and will always be douchy. Therefore Rutgers hate is rational. If not for the firing of P and Ray Rice they would probably have been kicked out of the BE ala Temple. That being said, as soon as Schiano was gone I found myself hating them much less, he really was the reason to hate Rutgers above all else.

Good post, except for the part about Miami. What people overlook is that the reason they were put ON probation was for the very things that made them so difficult to beat. So I refuse to downplay the games we played them tough, or the games we won. We won because we were better. They were worse because they deserved to be worse. It was what it was. We don't need any asterisks after our wins, unless you are also willing to place asterisks after their wins for cheating.