Now the real tournament starts for us... | Syracusefan.com

Now the real tournament starts for us...

OrangeFoo

All American
Fun time is over... from here on out we we are going to play 2 BE teams with either Florida or Kansas as the sandwich game. In the first three games we had an athletic advantage over every team we've played comparable to what BCS teams have to FCS teams in football. That all goes away starting tomorrow with Marquette.

I am so proud of what this team has accomplished since the regular season finale against Gtown. The D is playing at a level that I've never seen it play. The question from here on out is can we get enough good sets on offense to win games. I don't think 50-something points will cut it from here on out.

I want to see:
- The pick n rolls that we run with Keita/MCW run with Rak. Do we not run those with Rak because he doesn't know how to set a pick or what? He would finish more of those than Keita yet we almost never run that play with him.
- CJ passing the ball out if they take away his left hand. I read some post last night asking what happened to CJ... nothing happened to CJ other than teams know how to shut him down. We need to design our offense around the fact that teams are overplaying his left which should leave a baseline cutter open. He tried it once with Keita but Keita is the wrong guy for that, we should have either Triche or Southerland as the baseline cutter when CJ gets it in the middle of the lane.
- Exploit the athletic mismatch that is Southerland by having him post up more. We are making it too easy to take him out of the game.
- No more stupid turnovers.. we had 6 turnovers in the first five minutes of the second half and each one was three stooges-like... comedy of errors there. It's amazing how many dumb plays we made and a testament to our D that it didn't hurt us
- More BT attacking the rack... that's where Brandon is at his best because he can use his strength. I just hope his back is ok

We are sooooo close to the title game I can almost taste it. LGO!

It's far from confirmed that Louisville will walk to the title game.

They have a tough Oregon team tonight (whose confidence is growing with every win), and either Duke or MSU (both of whom could beat them) just to get to the Final Four.

Then, they're going to match up with OSU (let's be real, no way Witchita St. pulls the upset there.)

I think there's a strong chance if we get to the title game, Louisville won't be there on the other side to meet us.

It's far from confirmed that Louisville will walk to the title game.

They have a tough Oregon team tonight (whose confidence is growing with every win), and either Duke or MSU (both of whom could beat them) just to get to the Final Four.

Then, they're going to match up with OSU (let's be real, no way Witchita St. pulls the upset there.)

I think there's a strong chance if we get to the title game, Louisville won't be there on the other side to meet us.

If Louisville isn't there then I'm not sure I want to play the team that beat them. In my opinion they are the best team in the country and it's not close.

Not to mention that Kansas is not going to beat Michigan. Some of the assumptions on opponents you made are just silly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom