Now, with more tent... | Syracusefan.com

Now, with more tent...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1162199c-9b5f-44ec-a380-9658a3e0c6eb.jpg

I was going to mention what happened last Saturday on their event. The guy in front of me went and said the season ticket tent had a 10' size tent with a few tables outside and a long line to get your free hotdog. Meanwhile the special donor tent was multiple times that size with tables underneath and no one in line to get their free dogs is what he told me. Kind of shows what the real problems are I guess. I wasn't there, but going by what he told me.

I appreciate that SU is trying to do something for their season ticket holders, but the tent at the MTSU game was a joke, It was probably a 20 x 20 space with a few high top tables. Also, there was no one to check if anyone entering the tent was actually a season ticket holder. Needless to say the line quickly became extremely long (for a free hot dog and water). Again, appreciate the idea, but much like the MTSU game, the execution was extremely poor.

Last edited:
I appreciate that SU is trying to do something for their season ticket holders, but the tent at the MTSU game was a joke, It was probably a 20 x 20 space with a few high top tables. Also, there was no one to check if anyone entering the tent was actually a season ticket holder. Needless to say the line quickly became extremely long (for a free hot dog and water). Again, appreciate the idea, but much like the game the MTSU game the execution was extremely poor.

Wow! Better than the Fine tailgate for sure!

We were there at 2:15 and there were zero drinks. Hot dog, and a baggies of Doritos. No drink, no napkin. I had my 8 yr old with mustardy hands until we went in.

I appreciate the thought, needs better execution.

But then again, TABLECLOTHS!

I was going to mention what happened last Saturday on their event. The guy in front of me went and said the season ticket tent had a 10' size tent with a few tables outside and a long line to get your free hotdog. Meanwhile the special donor tent was multiple times that size with tables underneath and no one in line to get their free dogs is what he told me. Kind of shows what the real problems are I guess. I wasn't there, but going by what he told me.

What level season ticket holder or donor gets access to that premium tent? Anyone know?

We were there at 2:15 and there were zero drinks. Hot dog, and a baggies of Doritos. No drink, no napkin. I had my 8 yr old with mustardy hands until we went in.

I appreciate the thought, needs better execution.

But then again, TABLECLOTHS!

I need more info on these tablecloths. This might have originally been my idea, and I feel like SU should give me some credit!

The Director Level ($5000+ donation) gets you two passes to the Hospitality tent for football (and basketball too, if you are a season ticket holder).

But you needed to do that before June 30th of this year to have access for this season .. just an FYI if anyone is about to write a check

So instead of getting the usual pocket calendar with the plastic orange cover that I usually get for being a STH, this year they are giving me the option of waiting in a long line for a free hot dog? Can I just get my pocket calendar back?

I still have my 2012 license plate cover. After seeing what they've given us since, I consider it my precious.

I bought a new car in the meantime. Tried to salvage the frame--came off in three pieces.
Devastated. Got a couple of freebie SU car magnets at that open practice for STHers earlier in the Spring. They fell off when I pulled on to 81.

Still trying to figure out what to do with the pocket calendar--I'd delete the calendar app on my phone if I could. Those luggage tags are the cat's meow however.

Don't forget the 2016 gift!

$#!+ they forgot to send those didn't they

What level season ticket holder or donor gets access to that premium tent? Anyone know?
Wasn't there,the guy in front of me told me this.....he just said that this was the classic example of how S.U. treats it's fans as no one at times was in the donor tent and a huge line in the other. He said they should have opened it up to the season ticket holders too, to help alleviate the long line and get rid of all the excess food they were not giving out.

Like I said I was not there, but this guy has sat next to me for 30 years now,so I trust what he said.

Still trying to figure out what to do with the pocket calendar--I'd delete the calendar app on my phone if I could. Those luggage tags are the cat's meow however.
I bought a new car in the meantime. Tried to salvage the frame--came off in three pieces.
Devastated. Got a couple of freebie SU car magnets at that open practice for STHers earlier in the Spring. They fell off when I pulled on to 81.

I've always called it "The Joe Z. Pocket Calendar, since he was the one who introduced them to Orange Pack members back in the mid-70's. I believe a certain HOF BB coach still uses his to this day.

Reactions: FAL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom