NY Jets 2018 Thread | Syracusefan.com

NY Jets 2018 Thread

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Why not? Everybody else has one. And the Gang Green site is "evil, wicked, mean and nasty." :D

I was pleased to get Darnold in the draft, but honestly Teddy looks easily the best of the three. Watch Bowles find a way to screw this up.

And please make Isaiah Crowell be alright for opening day.

Three games in what, 11 days? Who did we offend in the scheduling room?

There was one of these threads started April 27 2018... 14 posts and one day later it fizzled out.

This one should stick tho

There was one of these threads started April 27 2018... 14 posts and one day later it fizzled out.

This one should stick tho

Here's hoping, although I'll dig back a little farther this time to read through it.

But seriously, three games in eleven days on the front end is potentially a season ender. If they expect to make the playoffs, even 1-2 will surely bury that idea. They can't go any worse than 2-1. Because their last half of the schedule goes Bills, bye, Pats, Titans, Bills, Texans, Packers, Pats. Looking at that draw, even starting 3-0 would bring little comfort.

I’m now in this one, I’ll keep it going.

Jets have an absolutely brutal schedule as far as games played to start.

Monday
Sunday
Thursday

With that sandwich bread being away games.

3 games in 11 days???...id start Darnold in week 4 and give Tedy some trade value.

...id start Darnold in week 4 and give Tedy some trade value.

Interesting suggestion... I think they should keep TB through the year (or longer) just to be sure Darnold is the answer. Also to eat up a years worth of dead cap.

I think the schedule thing is not a big deal. This stuff happens to teams in the middle of the year... better to have it at the beginning IMO.

Interesting suggestion... I think they should keep TB through the year (or longer) just to be sure Darnold is the answer. Also to eat up a years worth of dead cap.

I think the schedule thing is not a big deal. This stuff happens to teams in the middle of the year... better to have it at the beginning IMO.

Agree on TB. If the Jets decide to start Darnold so they might then peddle TB, the team that will likely be the most interested in him is the Jets. :D

Jets have Darnold for 5 years, what happens this year won’t stop them from giving him 40 starts in coming years.

The schedule thing is unique, doesn’t always happen & the fact that they can let Darnold watch it unfold, instead of being thrown to the wolves aka David Carr-ed, is something they most certainly should consider.

Jets cut kicker Santos after claiming Myers

Good grief, why didn't they just re-sign Catanzaro? I know he got 3 years at TB, but he was pretty solid last year for the most part, wasn't he?

A few of the guys on Gang Green were also a bit chagrined they let Catanzaro walk. Seems there's a ceiling for what they'll pay a kicker, and it's supported by the fact there are a lot of kickers out there.

OK, I only got to see the highlights of NYJ-NYG. It seems Darnold is certainly the real thing, but has he won the no. 1 spot yet?

Lots of new players and rookies usually means penalties and turnovers. Only one fumble and no int's, but 13 penalties? Yikes. Where were they, O or D? Both?

I know Orlovsky is a bit of a punching bag because he ran out of the back of the end zone when he was with Detroit but this is a solid breakdown of Darnold against the Giants first string. I’m trying to temper my expectations but I’m also dying for the Jets to have a top tier QB.

Jets got a 15 year QB while the Giants got a RB for 5-6 years.

That pick by the Giants will rue the day as Darnold looks like Carson Wentz.

I’m just so proud of the Jets for passing on Josh Allen. Cherry on top was him going to Buffalo.

Straight from my man Joe

"I'm thinking along the same lines as everyone who has watched Sam carry himself, conduct himself and play since he's been here. We're absolutely thrilled. ... I love the way he moves. He's really able to move around nicely -- not only move around, in and out of the pocket, but throw running to his left and still get the ball down the field accurately. He has a really good overall presence on the field."

-- Jets legend Joe Namath (via NJ Advance Media).

Totally agree.

Even Parcells now says that after 3 preseason games to ‘put him in Canton’

Straight from my man Joe

"I'm thinking along the same lines as everyone who has watched Sam carry himself, conduct himself and play since he's been here. We're absolutely thrilled. ... I love the way he moves. He's really able to move around nicely -- not only move around, in and out of the pocket, but throw running to his left and still get the ball down the field accurately. He has a really good overall presence on the field."

-- Jets legend Joe Namath (via NJ Advance Media).
Was that said after the 1st or 2nd...AFC title game Sanchez took the jets to??

Was that said after the 1st or 2nd...AFC title game Sanchez took the jets to??

Looking back, it rather appears the Jets took Sanchez to those games.

NYJ traded Teddy Bridgewater and a sixth round pick to the NO Saints in exchange for NO's 3rd round pick.

NYJ traded Teddy Bridgewater and a sixth round pick to the NO Saints in exchange for NO's 3rd round pick.
Smart.

Wonder what that means for the INT King??

Smart.

Wonder what that means for the INT King??
Jets are making good moves. I guess because the Saints want insurance for this season because they traded their first round pick.
With Bridgewater they would have a competent back up that their season will be over Brees got hurt.

Jets are making good moves. I guess because the Saints want insurance for this season because they traded their first round pick.
With Bridgewater they would have a competent back up that their season will be over Brees got hurt.
Jets and the Bills are trying, gotta give em that. Once the pats dynasty ends, I’d rather see the AFC East ‘won’, than handed to.

Jets and the Bills are trying, gotta give em that. Once the pats dynasty ends, I’d rather see the AFC East ‘won’, than handed to.
I am confident that while the Pats dynasty won’t be what is now and automatic AFC title game or bust seasons. With Belichick as the GM they will have a comptent program and with drafting Garapolio and Brissett they will find a QB to be competitive.
Now Brady is the dynasty but they aren’t going to turn into the 49ers/Cowboys post their dynasties.
QB play is the way to stay competitive. They will coach up the next young stud.

I am confident that while the Pats dynasty won’t be what is now and automatic AFC title game or bust seasons. With Belichick as the GM they will have a comptent program and with drafting Garapolio and Brissett they will find a QB to be competitive.
Now Brady is the dynasty but they aren’t going to turn into the 49ers/Cowboys post their dynasties.
QB play is the way to stay competitive. They will coach up the next young stud.
Coaching up th next young stud is what the Giants are doing with either Webb or Lauetta.

See you in Atlanta btw...