NY Times Buying The Athletic | Syracusefan.com

NY Times Buying The Athletic

Didn’t see his posted.

Hope it results in a hire of a full time writer at The Athletic to cover SU sports. The little guy has been missed.

Not likely because of the purchase, may happen otherwise though.

I'm a subscriber but I waited for memberships to go on sale. Full price, it's probably not worth it to me but I like the longform stories and the random interviews with teammates of a guy (like Dirk Nowitzki) and just reading the crazy stories.

I'm a subscriber but I waited for memberships to go on sale. Full price, it's probably not worth it to me but I like the longform stories and the random interviews with teammates of a guy (like Dirk Nowitzki) and just reading the crazy stories.

Here's a little tip, go ahead and cancel the service and it will ask you if you want to stay for $19.95 for the next year, make sure your not paying the full $69.95 or whatever it us.

$19.95 is well worth the content they provide.

Here's a little tip, go ahead and cancel the service and it will ask you if you want to stay for $19.95 for the next year, make sure your not paying the full $69.95 or whatever it us.

$19.95 is well worth the content they provide.

Yup, exactly what I did. $20 seems like a steal, whereas $70 seems like highway robbery. I wonder where my pricing equilibrium point is . . .

$1 a month !!!

That's like $12 for a whole year !!
Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Wow at a 3 PM deadline. That's absurd. What's the point of buying a newspaper anymore? When I worked for one of the major papers in NYC, there were multiple editions overnight alone.
I don't know why they'd bother with a print edition and just have an e-edition under those conditions.

I’m cool with 4-5 interesting articles per day, a la the WSJ sports section but with a little more beef.