Class of 2019 Nysier Brooks enters transfer portal

Scott11

Walk On
This guy wouldn’t be a significant Sidibe upgrade? Just for the defense, rebounds and health alone?

Dmcnabbrules

Starter
Yes please. I actually think next year could be decent season with average center play. Jalen, Buddy, Elijah, and Marek are a decent starting place. I expect next year to be a pleasant surprise. Jim always does his best when expectations are low.

Last edited:

reedny

Hall of Fame / 44 Degrees of Consanguinity
Damn... there are lots of QUALITY bigs out there as fifth year transfers this year.

If ever there was a time where it would be beneficial to dip our toe, this would be the year.
Brooks can play, but Blackshear's my top choice if he doesn't stay in the draft. Solid build (6'10 250) and reliable inside force with a 15 ppg average and 7.5 rpg. He's especially tough on the offensive glass (13.7% offensive rebounding rate), and he can shoot it (33% from 3 pt.). Getting him might pull us back into the top 25.

Last edited:

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Brooks can play, but Blackshear's my top choice if he doesn't stay in the draft. Solid build (6'10 250) and adept inside force with a 15 ppg average and 7.5 rpg. He's especially tough on offensive glass (13.7 offensive rebounding rate), and he can shoot it (33% from 3 pt.). Getting him might pull us back into the top 25.
15 and 8? So basically he’d come in and be the best player on our team. Yeah, I guess I’ll take him.

HoustonCuse

Hall of Fame
Isn’t the center the quarterback of the zone, thus requiring a pretty good knowledge of it. I wonder if that precludes JB from looking at a center for a 1 year transfer.

reedny

Hall of Fame / 44 Degrees of Consanguinity
They both shot 33% from 3 though.
OB's shooting percentage will go back up when we get a healthy PG in place.

Last edited:

Funk Doc

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Regular Season Record
buddy doesn't need to be on athletic scholarship
Haven't you heard...we can't do that. It will hurt people's feelings and ruin team morale!;)

Col. Bleep

All Conference
Isn’t the center the quarterback of the zone, thus requiring a pretty good knowledge of it. I wonder if that precludes JB from looking at a center for a 1 year transfer.
If Blackshear is available as a grad transfer it would be insanity not to pursue him.
Second Team All-ACC.
Talent at both ends.
A real presence in the middle.
Perhaps the best of all the hundreds of transferring players.

SUFan44

All American
buddy doesn't need to be on athletic scholarship
Have we not already gone over this? Buddy is remaining on scholarship. Unless Blackshear or a McD's AA is coming on board, then maybe. But even then, I'd doubt it.

Top Bottom