Class of 2019 Nysier Brooks enters transfer portal

Cappy3

Walk On
Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Messages
91
Like
131
Yeah, Buddy is likely to stay on scholly. But he doesn’t need to since SU employees kids go tuition free. Not likely to be relevant this year, but next year maybe, since we have no seniors and only Brissett likely to leave early, transfers aside.
 

Cappy3

Walk On
Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Messages
91
Like
131
Are you planning on paying Buddy's tuition and $20,000 room & board next year? It ain't free.
Actually, tuition IS free for kids of SU employees, which JB is. And his room and board is at home.
 

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
28,832
Like
74,449
Actually, tuition IS free for kids of SU employees, which JB is. And his room and board is at home.
Not necessarily free. The tuition waiver is on a sliding scale, depending on parent's income. And he doesn't live at home. It makes no sense for a BB player, with their schedule, to live at home. And he won't,no matter what happens.
 

Cappy3

Walk On
Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Messages
91
Like
131
Not necessarily free. The tuition waiver is on a sliding scale, depending on parent's income. And he doesn't live at home. It makes no sense for a BB player, with their schedule, to live at home. And he won't,no matter what happens.
We’ve got a number of offers out for next year, and no available schollys as of now. And the sliding scale only reduces it to 90% of tuition, leaving 10% to be paid.
 
Last edited:

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
28,832
Like
74,449
We’ve got a number of offers out for next year, and no available schollys as of now. And the sliding scale only reduces it to 90% of tuition, leaving 10% to be paid.
Correct, but for BB, tuition is not "free". And R&B must be paid also.
 

walsh2012

2nd String
Joined
Nov 15, 2018
Messages
548
Like
989
Are you planning on paying Buddy's tuition and $20,000 room & board next year? It ain't free.
I’d always heard there was a clause in professor/long time university employees contracts that stipulates sons/daughters attending for free but if i’m wrong about that here oh well then
 

Sherman20

2018 Iggy Leading Scorer Winner
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
2,100
Like
3,954
Correct, but for BB, tuition is not "free". And R&B must be paid also.
Oh come on. JB’s a multi millionaire. I understand the reasons for keeping Buddy on scholarship his first couple of years so as to keep him on equal footing with his teammates, since he’s def an SU level player. But if need be, JB can afford room and board. Stop acting like that’s a big deal.
 

hoopsupstate

All American
Joined
Aug 14, 2011
Messages
4,763
Like
6,547
Oh come on. JB’s a multi millionaire. I understand the reasons for keeping Buddy on scholarship his first couple of years so as to keep him on equal footing with his teammates, since he’s def an SU level player. But if need be, JB can afford room and board. Stop acting like that’s a big deal.
I love how many people think they have the right to spend JB’s money. We already have 13 scholarships. How many players do you think we need?
 

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
28,832
Like
74,449
Oh come on. JB’s a multi millionaire. I understand the reasons for keeping Buddy on scholarship his first couple of years so as to keep him on equal footing with his teammates, since he’s def an SU level player. But if need be, JB can afford room and board. Stop acting like that’s a big deal.
All I was responding to was the OP saying tuition was free. It wouldn't be for BB.

Not that JB couldn't afford it.

Sheesh.
 

pfister1

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
7,933
Like
13,108
I love how many people think they have the right to spend JB’s money. We already have 13 scholarships. How many players do you think we need?
As many more as it takes to get us the guy(s) who is going to help us get to a top 10 level team.
 

Nicknack

Starter
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
1,664
Like
3,942
Buddy being on scholarship ain't about the money. Not sure why that's the focus.
 

Online statistics

Members online
215
Guests online
659
Total visitors
874

Top Bottom