Oakland Game Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Oakland Game Thread...

upload_2017-11-20_20-57-31.png

At least i am getting some pitty likes from tee tonight. For awhile I was so off my normally top notch game that I didnt get likes even from him...the ultimate slap in the face one can get on here, far worse than a **n!

Team looked really good tonight.
Very promising.
If the offense is this good the team is a NCAAT team.

W#hat happened to that eating popcorn emoticon that Bees got after I requested it. That would be the perfect response here.

Give them credit. Battle, Howard and Chukwu play well and had career games.

While I would like to see more and better ball movement, the team played good.

The team defense has led to fast break points. Would love to see that happen in the ACC.

Would love to see Chukwu repeat this game against the NOrth Carolinas and Dukes.

Perhaps this will give him some confidence.

Hope Sidibe was not hurt bad. We need him also.

Question on blocks. At one point an Oakland player drove & I believe he got fouled by someone other than PC on a reach in but continued his "And 1" attempt & PC swatted it. Does that count as a block? Was it counted? Just curious because he missed a triple double by just 2 blocks.

Intrigued... Not sure if we're any good or not, but I have my eyebrows raised after these first few games. Guess we can't truly know until we start playing big boys but these mid-majors we scheduled aren't typical cupcakes (from what I've heard bc I have no idea otherwise).

Frank/Tyus look to be a really nice backcourt duo. Add in their freakish defense and it adds another notch to how everyone should view them.

Brissett is really close - If/when he gets the bunnies to drop, he will be the 2nd/3rd option with Howard to help out Battle.

Dolezaj needs to play every minute he can over Moyer. Thorpe (3 guard lineup) needs to be the forward depth to rest MD and OB. I just don't see anything in MM's game that tells me he can provide much of anything right now.

Chukwu/Sidibe is an exciting Center duo. Both can catch/finish and the shot blocking is going to be FUN.

Our defense should be filthy. Our rebounding should be very good. We have an elite level closer who also happens to be one of the best players in the country.

Last edited:
Question on blocks. At one point an Oakland player drove & I believe he got fouled by someone other than PC on a reach in but continued his "And 1" attempt & PC swatted it. Does that count as a block? Was it counted? Just curious because he missed a triple double by just 2 blocks.
It wouldn't count as a field goal attempt unless he had hit the shot so I assume the block didn't count.

If the guy is fouled, they never count those. (oopsy, edit, unless they go in like edowd says)
Signed, Buzzy McJoyKill

How about we only shot 8 three pointers the whole game. Amazing. Love it. Selfishly.. Was great to see my two faves FH and PC have awesome games. They are so much better than people realize. Last year was last year. Both had down years for many many reasons, all of which are now rear view mirror.

Frank had a really nice game.
Paschal - just wow.
Battle's 1st half is as good an individual half as you'll see this year.
Defense was outstanding.
Oakland is a good team, even w/o the suspended player - Walker is a really good player (he was dominant in their previous game) and our D made him look bad.
On to the next one - Toledo will be a tougher test

Frank had a really nice game.
Paschal - just wow.
Battle's 1st half is as good an individual half as you'll see this year.
Defense was outstanding.
Oakland is a good team, even w/o the suspended player - Walker is a really good player (he was dominant in their previous game) and our D made him look bad.
On to the next one - Toledo will be a tougher test

Yup. Spot on. Tyus had some good defense played on him too. Oakland is a good win.

Have to watch the game still . I'll get back to all your , I'm sue, awesome comments in an hour. Watching MNF simultaneously...couple drinks on the way ha ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom