Oakland Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Oakland Thoughts

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FjViBqEXEAExqeK

FjViBqDXwAAeSe0

Not sure how it possible syracuse only had 13 second chance points… I feel like they had 14 in the last 10 minutes alone

Love me some Malik Brown. I don't think I've ever seen JB bring in the walkons that early.

I was thinking the same. It's weird we could have had one of the biggest margins of Victory ever in a season like this. Reminded me of the Colgate game we were up like 43-13 at half.

When did Benny become the board whipping boy ??? Due to unrealistic expectations?

JBA great vision makes great passes vitial in the offense - 3 assists tonight
Benny does nothing on the court. Terrible shouldn't play - 6 assists tonight

JBA what a great motor always in position to rebound - 6 rebounds tonight
Benny next time he gets a rebound will be his first. Terrible shouldn't play - 6 rebounds tonight

When did Benny become the board whipping boy ??? Due to unrealistic expectations?

JBA great vision makes great passes vitial in the offense - 3 assists tonight
Benny does nothing on the court. Terrible shouldn't play - 6 assists tonight

JBA what a great motor always in position to rebound - 6 rebounds tonight
Benny next time he gets a rebound will be his first. Terrible shouldn't play - 6 rebounds tonight
Did you watch the game live? Go replay his actual movements - beyond the stats. “Stats can lie.” Were the steals against top D1 talent? Or their subs?

Shorter player took 3 over him, as if he wasn’t there.
After turning the ball over and/or missing shots, he loafed (hops? prances?) back up court.
If I had 1/10 the talent I’d be sprinting.

Against a much better team - Duke notwithstanding as we got annihilated as he showboated his way to a career game - he looks slow, lost, and does not help us win.

And re JBA - the RAW numbers didn’t tell the story of momentum shift and how his effort actually changed the flow of the game. Please.

We’ve had WAY better walkons, that’s for damn sure.

Sparse crowd. Had some noise after some of our dunks especially the Bell poster. Refreshing having some athleticism.

Joe and Jesse did their thing. Nice to rest them most of the second half.

Brown just plays well. Hope we see more of him.

Taylor is really solid. I’ve seen people clamor for Copeland and I don’t get it. Way too erratic to play any minutes but glad he got time tonight.

Glad we won handily.

I get Oakland but the team wouldn’t have done this 3 weeks ago. very good step up in the level of performance. Still a long way to go but it was good to see them put the hammer down no matter who they were playing.

it’s better than struggling to a 65-52 win.

Benny's Misses - look at the scores and the range
18:28 Benny Williams missed Jumper. 0 2
13:55 Benny Williams missed Jumper. 10 13
9:12 Benny Williams missed 3-Jumper. 21 22
17:13 Benny Williams missed Layup. 29 56
14:33 Benny Williams missed Layup. 33 64

His assists
11:05 Symir Torrence made Jumper. Assisted by Benny Williams. 36 70
7:52 Maliq Brown made Dunk. Assisted by Benny Williams. 44 79
6:35 Maliq Brown made Dunk. Assisted by Benny Williams. 47 83
5:38 Symir Torrence made 3 Jumper. Assisted by Benny Williams. 49 88

To his credit
16:10 Jesse Edwards made Dunk. Assisted by Benny Williams. 6 9
15:33 Judah Mintz made Jumper. Assisted by Benny Williams. 8 11
10:26 Benny Williams made Jumper. Assisted by Judah Mintz. 21 22
5:12 Benny Williams made Dunk. 49 90

The scores of this particular game doesn't matter the other team was scrub after scrub. Not like they took out the D1 talent and the game got away from them. Oaklands team is awful outside of 1 player. Not like playing against the starters or backups matter in this one.

Look I don't even think Benny is good anymore but they way people go out of their way to bash him non-stop is sort of silly at this point. He misses a shot his first shot people calling for him to get benched. Like it was a wide open free throw line jumper that rattled in and out and people saying bench him. Like the hate for the kid has gotten over the top at this point...

Last edited:
I get Oakland but the team wouldn’t have done this 3 weeks ago. very good step up in the level of performance. Still a long way to go but it was good to see them put the hammer down no matter who they were playing.

it’s better than struggling to a 65-52 win.
Huh? Didn't we do exactly this against Richmond?

This win is fool's gold against a not so great opponent. JG3 is not going to shoot this well against an average athletic D. And the answer to a team that struggles to score is to go 4 on 5 with JBA?

To me JB the JBA minutes is JB basically giving up on offense for the season and going in all in on D and rebounding. FWIW I understand and like the move... but unless the ACC is really really down I struggle to see how we get to .500.

One other observation... there's ZERO chemistry between JG3 and Mintz right now. They seem to be taking turns running the offense versus playing in one cohesive offensive strategy. It's hilarious watching them look each other off depending on who has the ball.

Sorry to be such a negative nancy after a blowout win.

Huh? Didn't we do exactly this against Richmond?

This win is fool's gold against a not so great opponent. JG3 is not going to shoot this well against an average athletic D. And the answer to a team that struggles to score is to go 4 on 5 with JBA?

To me JB the JBA minutes is JB basically giving up on offense for the season and going in all in on D and rebounding. FWIW I understand and like the move... but unless the ACC is really really down I struggle to see how we get to .500.

One other observation... there's ZERO chemistry between JG3 and Mintz right now. They seem to be taking turns running the offense versus playing in one cohesive offensive strategy. It's hilarious watching them look each other off depending on who has the ball.

Sorry to be such a negative nancy after a blowout win.

So gonna disagree on the JBA minutes. He is actually providing value at the 4 position and passes it well. He and Taylor are cementing their roles as our best forwards and hopefully Brown does as well.

We’ve had WAY better walkons, that’s for damn sure.

Sparse crowd. Had some noise after some of our dunks especially the Bell poster. Refreshing having some athleticism.

Joe and Jesse did their thing. Nice to rest them most of the second half.

Brown just plays well. Hope we see more of him.

Taylor is really solid. I’ve seen people clamor for Copeland and I don’t get it. Way too erratic to play any minutes but glad he got time tonight.

Glad we won handily.
Copeland won’t see any action once the ACC season begins, can’t shoot, crazy passes and his defense is atrocious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom