Oakland Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oakland Thoughts

Huh? Didn't we do exactly this against Richmond?

This win is fool's gold against a not so great opponent. JG3 is not going to shoot this well against an average athletic D. And the answer to a team that struggles to score is to go 4 on 5 with JBA?

To me JB the JBA minutes is JB basically giving up on offense for the season and going in all in on D and rebounding. FWIW I understand and like the move... but unless the ACC is really really down I struggle to see how we get to .500.

One other observation... there's ZERO chemistry between JG3 and Mintz right now. They seem to be taking turns running the offense versus playing in one cohesive offensive strategy. It's hilarious watching them look each other off depending on who has the ball.

Sorry to be such a negative nancy after a blowout win.
Jesus, all this game does is shows they are improved, and that’s a good thing.

This win is fool's gold against a not so great opponent. JG3 is not going to shoot this well against an average athletic D. And the answer to a team that struggles to score is to go 4 on 5 with JBA?

To me JB the JBA minutes is JB basically giving up on offense for the season and going in all in on D and rebounding. FWIW I understand and like the move... but unless the ACC is really really down I struggle to see how we get to .500.

One other observation... there's ZERO chemistry between JG3 and Mintz right now. They seem to be taking turns running the offense versus playing in one cohesive offensive strategy. It's hilarious watching them look each other off depending on who has the ball.

Negative Nancy is an understatement, you’re a true blue Debbie downer

Also claiming that JBA is a net negative on offense after him getting some huge assists in the last game is an odd take

Look I don't even think Benny is good anymore but they way people go out of their way to bash him non-stop is sort of silly at this point. He misses a shot his first shot people calling for him to get benched. Like it was a wide open free throw line up that rattled in and out and people saying bench him. Like the hate for the kid has gotten over the top at this point...
5 star prospect

If Copeland ever gets it together on offense, he will be fantastic on the top of the zone for us in the future. Had a couple of MCW-like deflections on D.
He obviously has some talent as a passer, but he was terrible against a team that we were crushing; hard to see him getting any meaningful minutes the rest of the season.

Negative Nancy is an understatement, you’re a true blue Debbie downer

Also claiming that JBA is a net negative on offense after him getting some huge assists in the last game is an odd take
hey if you choose to believe that JBA assists and JG3 shooting like this translates against the better defensive teams we will see on the schedule, more power to you. I wish I could be that optimistic.

Guys took care of business and needed a game like this but University of Rochester would give these guys a game.

It's embarrassing when some "fans" are so critical of our student-athletes. Give these kids a break. I understand knocking the coaches but how does being critical of our players help the program going forward. Do you really think a future recruit and his family would really want to come here. How about a current player. Do you think he feels welcome. Some people really need to take a step back. Especially after a game we were winning by 42 points.

hey if you choose to believe that JBA assists and JG3 shooting like this translates against the better defensive teams we will see on the schedule, more power to you. I wish I could be that optimistic.
Jeez, I was gonna say Joey was more burrata caprese than bruchetta based on the box score, but you're saying he was more anchovies than calamari?

I didn't see the game, but 27 assists on 42 FGs is chef's kiss

Thats Nice GIF

We’ve had WAY better walkons, that’s for damn sure.

Sparse crowd. Had some noise after some of our dunks especially the Bell poster. Refreshing having some athleticism.

Joe and Jesse did their thing. Nice to rest them most of the second half.

Brown just plays well. Hope we see more of him.

Taylor is really solid. I’ve seen people clamor for Copeland and I don’t get it. Way too erratic to play any minutes but glad he got time tonight.

Glad we won handily.
Copeland just needs to slow down. He has to stop trying to make a play EVERY time he has the ball. Just let the game come to him, and he’ll be fine.

Copeland just needs to slow down. He has to stop trying to make a play EVERY time he has the ball. Just let the game come to him, and he’ll be fine.
Yup, and needs to hunt his shot when he drives more. He jumps at angles that telegraph that he's not trying to get the ball in the basket but is looking for a dump off. Unselfish to a fault.

Richmond was a three point game.

Yup, and needs to hunt his shot when he drives more. He jumps at angles that telegraph that he's not trying to get the ball in the basket but is looking for a dump off. Unselfish to a fault.
Tim Welsh mentioned this last night a few times but Copeland needs to learn to play off of two feet. Has to come to a jump stop and make better decisions. He leaves his feet with no no idea what he is going to do. I have never seen someone turn the ball over at the rate he does. He was a mid level three star for a reason. A boatload of potential that will take time to realize. I’m hopeful it happens at SU.

Obviously, Oakland is not a strong opponent. G'town will give us a better
feel for where CUSE is at. But it's nice to see guys moving and passing the ball on offense.
Cuse has skill at the PG position and talent off the bench. Just keep playing with intensity and speed.

The mvp of the game was the mic under the basket. Heard everything. Copeland , who was just coming off a run of 3 turnovers , 2 missed shots , and injuring a player in about 2 minutes , gives Hima crap about a foul to which Hima tells him to shut up and that he’s trying

Then Benny gets a rebound off a missed free throw with NO opponent within 15 feet and yells “that’s my board N word”

Good stuff

I feel like his court presence and/or runs the floor like Scoop Jardine.
Am I wrong? Or amiright?

The mvp of the game was the mic under the basket. Heard everything. Copeland , who was just coming off a run of 3 turnovers , 2 missed shots , and injuring a player in about 2 minutes , gives Hima crap about a foul to which Hima tells him to shut up and that he’s trying

Then Benny gets a rebound off a missed free throw with NO opponent within 15 feet and yells “that’s my board N word”

Good stuff
Benny MVP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom