O'Brien To Texans Finalized | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

O'Brien To Texans Finalized

Some of them on the Ped State board are throwing Tressels name around. Good lord
Ha! I would love to see that - Penn St, after the biggest scandal in NCAA history, and still on probation, having to argue in front of the NCAA against a show-cause to hire Tressel (the show-cause does not expire until after the 2016 season). Brilliant! Some real geniuses over there.

Yep. It's part of the college head coach's job...always has been and always will be. If you don't like that stay in the NFL. And you can't delegate that part of the job to an assistant coach like some have tried. The flip side is that a college coach has far more control of his program than the typical NFL head coach who soon learns that the GM and the owner have the real power and control.

Eh, BOBs situation was a little different than Marrone's. He came into an extremely difficult situation, where some of the fan base a a large percentage of the big donors still idolize the former head coach - the one who the rest of the country view as a pedophile-enabler and a disgrace. Ant time BOB made any comment about the difficulties the sanctions created, there was a huge backlash from those fans/donors.

If anything, hopefully this serves as a wake-up call to that segment of their fanbase - if any new coach is going to be expected to tiptoe around and act like JoePa was both godlike and the true victim in the Sandusky scandal, they better be prepared to decline rapidly and replace coaches frequently. They gotta stop denying reality.

From that article regarding Shady...
Fund Raising / Charisma / Representative: 0/10. Everyone with a brain realizes he is toxic.

ROFL.

I 100% hope this puts an end to PSU football. What a blind, ignorant abomination of a fan base and program.

From that article regarding Shady...
Fund Raising / Charisma / Representative: 0/10. Everyone with a brain realizes he is toxic.

ROFL.
What went unsaid in that statement was that he was talking about only 7% of the fanbase.

Herbstreet just mentioned on College Gameday that he thought Schiano would be a great choice for Ped State. I almost spit orange juice through my nose when I heard it.

Please let it be !! It would be what Pasqualoni to UConn did to that program. Rutgers is already done.

If we can set back Penn State 5 years on the field with a terrible coaching hire, not with these slap on the wrist sanctions that have allowed them to be on TV and play in bowl games. That would give us an even faster route back to the Top 25 if another major program in the northeast suffers a major setback.

What the hell is it that Penn State fans are complaining about? Haven't most of the scholly cuts been restored or phased back in? They hardly got the Miami treatment. They've been on TV. They didn't get kicked out of the Big 10, when University officials clearly participated in the cover up of a P e d o p h I l I aring associated with Sandusky's camp and its access to the Penn State football program as its drawing card.

Same thing with Ohio State. Miss one bowl but they were on TV every week and on Sports Center talking about how they were undefeated and perhaps should be playing against Alabama for the championship a year back. How is that any "punishment" at all?

Last edited:
Please let it be !! It would be what Pasqualoni to UConn did to that program. Rutgers is already done.

If we can set back Penn State 5 years on the field with a terrible coaching hire, not with these slap on the wrist sanctions that have allowed them to be on TV and play in bowl games. What the hell is it that they're complaining about? Haven't most of the scholly cuts been restored or phased back in? They hardly got the Miami treatment.

Same thing with Ohio State. Miss one bowl but they were on TV every week and on Sports Center talking about how they were undefeated and perhaps should be playing against Alabama for the championship a year back. How is that any "punishment" at all?

Ohio State is about to get thumped by Clempsum, they will soon be making excuses not trumpeting how they should be in the NC game.

Can Penn State players still transfer without having to sit out a year? That could get interesting.

Schady to State Penn. Please Lord make it happen. Victory formation against OSU, Michigan, Wisky and Iowa.

Some guy on Cowherd said Schiano was the worst-case for PSU since they need a "players coach" and not a dictator. Next guy on was Fiutak and he says Schiano is perfect for PSU. Can't see Franklin taking the job unless he's out of the running for Texas and the NFL.

Yeah, I doubt Hackenberg goes anywhere. Sit out a year? Don't think so. Dad is just posturing.
Ryan Mallett left Michigan after 1 year for Arkansas when Rich-Rod got the Michigan job and they wanted to run the spread. I don't think Hackenberg is gone by any means, but if they hire somebody with a spread system he may have to leave if he wants to play in the NFL. Honestly, any time a coach leaves a school any kid who should be able to transfer without sitting a year as long as its not to the school where the coach goes just to stop poaching from a guy leaving. It sucks for kids when a coach leaves after 1 or 2 years and they are stuck with a complete new staff. Like if Hackenberg wanted to go Alabama he should be able to go now without having to sit out year, but the NCAA lets coaches go without penalty, but athletes need a sick relative to get away with that crap.

Schady to State Penn. Please Lord make it happen. Victory formation against OSU, Michigan, Wisky and Iowa.

Can't wait till Shady instructs his DL to dive at Dantonio's OLs knees during the victory formation.

Ryan Mallett left Michigan after 1 year for Arkansas when Rich-Rod got the Michigan job and they wanted to run the spread. I don't think Hackenberg is gone by any means, but if they hire somebody with a spread system he may have to leave if he wants to play in the NFL. Honestly, any time a coach leaves a school any kid who should be able to transfer without sitting a year as long as its not to the school where the coach goes just to stop poaching from a guy leaving. It sucks for kids when a coach leaves after 1 or 2 years and they are stuck with a complete new staff. Like if Hackenberg wanted to go Alabama he should be able to go now without having to sit out year, but the NCAA lets coaches go without penalty, but athletes need a sick relative to get away with that crap.

Yep...change it so the coaches have to wait a year if they decide to go somewhere else and see how that one flies. I'm ok with the players not getting paid but this transfer rule is quite hypocritical.

Well, I DO think that the insider vs. outsider argument might be the elephant-in-the-room for the coaching search. The Joebots continue to wield some strong influence within the school.

That is quite an insular culture in Happy Valley, and it remains to be seen how someone like Franklin would deal with it.

A couple nutjob comments:

"it is, indeed, possible to support the current head football coach of Penn State football while pursuing justice for a man wronged in the past."

"The media has not only falsely accused Joe Paterno but is now attacking his supporters."

"Please don't be dismayed by the trolls. It's common with these petitions. It also shows where the positive and truly sincere fan base really is & where the bitter people really are."

JJReddawg you forgot one from Mr. Jim Jones of Schlobknocker, PA

"If all else fails, I made up some Blue Punch we can drink and I promise we'll all head off to Paternoville."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom