Observations | Syracusefan.com

Observations

BostonOrange

2nd String
1. If every single week you are saying "we didn't play to our ability", then you are overrating your ability.
2. We seemed totally unprepared for the running QB. how is that possible?? How can you not defend when you KNOW they aren't ever going to throw the ball??
3. Uconn's RB is good
4. I wonder if Ant is hurt he isn't the same back right now.
5. Nassib is serviceable, but if his first look isn't there he really struggles. And a KILLER pick.
6. People hate the bootleg but it worked almost every time (until the pick which wasn't the play calls fault)

Played not to lose. This team can't stop the pass but SU tries to run too often and they can't pass and SU can't stop the same play.

If you keep running the bootleg at some point you have to assume they are going to jump it. To me it was just a matter of time. Whether one wishes to blame the playcaller or the QB is irrelevant.

If you keep running the bootleg at some point you have to assume they are going to jump it. To me it was just a matter of time. Whether one wishes to blame the playcaller or the QB is irrelevant.
No play is going to work every time...it worked about 15 times in a row. If it isn't there it's on the qb to make it an incompletion not an INT. And actually a good throw to the outside on time and he was open..

No play is going to work every time...it worked about 15 times in a row. If it isn't there it's on the qb to make it an incompletion not an INT. And actually a good throw to the outside on time and he was open..

Exactly, he throws ahead of Lemon and it's no problem, plus Lemon was weak going after the ball.

yes, a good throw at the right time and he was open.

If you keep calling the QB run at some point you have to assume the D will stop it. Whoops.

Nassib screwed that up, plain & simple. He should have seen that defender coming up on the passing lane...

Like I said, doesn't matter who you want to blame. At some point they were going to get more aggressive and with this QB it's a big turnover risk. For UConn if we stop the QB run it's 2nd and 10, not 1st down SU. One of many problems today in all 3 phases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom