Obviously there is no replay rule in hockey | Syracusefan.com

Obviously there is no replay rule in hockey

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
First game I've watched in the playoffs after a friend convinced me to watch. Ranger's are rolling along with a 2-1 lead and bam an horrendous call against them. This immediately leads to a Kings goal. Game goes to OT.

The Rangers should be heading back to NYC down 3-2

First game I've watched in the playoffs after a friend convinced me to watch. Ranger's are rolling along with a 2-1 lead and bam an horrendous call against them. This immediately leads to a Kings goal. Game goes to OT.

The Rangers should be heading back to NYC down 3-2
Obviously my friend you don't watch hockey that often!

There is replay :). This game makes the world cup and that thing called basketball look ridiculous ! Imo

Obviously my friend you don't watch hockey that often!

There is replay :). This game makes the world cup and that thing called basketball look ridiculous ! Imo
you are right used to watch all the time. If there is replay review of close plays why was there none on that miscalled tripping penalty? In baseball umpires judgement calls for all but balls & strikes can be challenged.

I know they use replay on goals.

you are right used to watch all the time. If there is replay review of close plays why was there none on that miscalled tripping penalty?
Ohhhh. You can't review penaltys so you are correct there. However, I have seen worse get called and uncalled. Great game!

Guess what I'm mad at is this is keeping me up long after I was ready to zonk out.

Good night I'll watch the highlights on Sports Center

Guess what I'm mad at is this is keeping me up long after I was ready to zonk out.

Good night I'll watch the highlights on Sports Center
How do you turn this off! Cheers.

That was a horrendous call. It certainly changed the game.

The officiating has been pretty subpar most of the playoffs - I still can't figure out why Carcillo got suspended for so long. The ref was the instigator in that tussle. lol

"Bad calls" happen in both sports. What kills me about the NHL is how dreadfully inconsistent the officiating is, not only from game to game, but even from period to period. In the first place, the playoffs should be reffed the same way the regular season was. Hooking and interference in November should also be hooking and interference in May (and now June :rolleyes:), but it's not. Following the lost year in '05-'06, the NHL clamped down on obstruction fouls during the regular season, but once playoffs began, it went right back to the same old "Let the players decide the game." This curious effect seems to apply over the course of a single game as well, when during the third period of a close game the referees seem to "adjust" the rules to the same obtuse logic, where the players who break the rules more win more games. I love to play hockey (and still play 3 times per week from October to the end of June), but the NHL really p1sses me off. It's like Harry Neale once said, "Hockey must truly be a great game to survive those who run it."

That was a horrendous call. It certainly changed the game.

The officiating has been pretty subpar most of the playoffs - I still can't figure out why Carcillo got suspended for so long. The ref was the instigator in that tussle. lol
NHL refs. Are subpar... Sadly

"Bad calls" happen in both sports. What kills me about the NHL is how dreadfully inconsistent the officiating is, not only from game to game, but even from period to period. In the first place, the playoffs should be reffed the same way the regular season was. Hooking and interference in November should also be hooking and interference in May (and now June :rolleyes:), but it's not. Following the lost year in '05-'06, the NHL clamped down on obstruction fouls during the regular season, but once playoffs began, it went right back to the same old "Let the players decide the game." This curious effect seems to apply over the course of a single game as well, when during the third period of a close game the referees seem to "adjust" the rules to the same obtuse logic, where the players who break the rules more win more games. I love to play hockey (and still play 3 times per week from October to the end of June), but the NHL really p1sses me off. It's like Harry Neale once said, "Hockey must truly be a great game to survive those who run it."
Don Cherry loves the "let them play" garbage...

This is one of my pet peeves about hockey, too. The refs (and the total morons who defend them) say they don't want their calling a penalty to affect the outcome of the game. Don't you "geniuses" understand that if you don't call the penalty you're affecting the outcome of the game?

This is one of my pet peeves about hockey, too. The refs (and the total morons who defend them) say they don't want their calling a penalty to affect the outcome of the game. Don't you "geniuses" understand that if you don't call the penalty you're affecting the outcome of the game?

Yeah, I'm still burning up a little bit after game two. You had a weak wrister that magically the best (or close to it) goalie in hockey couldn't save (unless you consider the fact that a Kings players had just thrown himself on top of Lundy (obstruction, anyone?), and then Alec Martinez clearly clears the puck over the boards and McCauley (whom the Kings are like 1,000,000 - 0 when he works their games) says it hit the boards. It clearly didn't - even in real time.

Less than a minute later, when the Rangers should have been on the PP, the Kings win.

Then the next game they call Girardi for clearing one over the boards that was far more iffy. I don't know. NHL refs suck.

Here is the obstruction they didn't call - maybe it isn't, but what do I know:
kingking.gif

Here is the obstruction they didn't call - maybe it isn't, but what do I know:
kingking.gif

Similar plays, many with less contact than this, were whistled all through the playoffs. I have no idea why this wasn't called.

The other thing I hate about NHL referees and linesmen is how hard they work to get in the way. They break up more plays than the best defensemen ever dreamed of doing.

There's an inverted snobbery in some NHL offices that goes something like, "This is a real man's game, and real men don't need referees or rule books." It's complete BS.

La is a way better team. Rangers did not stand a chance from the beginning imo