OC/QB coach Sterlin Gilbert out. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OC/QB coach Sterlin Gilbert out.

Yeah I am having a hard time understanding what both Wildhack and Dinos messages are going to be given this afternoon's layoffs. There has to be something else. A restructured contract maybe?

Yeah I am having a hard time understanding what both Wildhack and Dinos messages are going to be given this afternoon's layoffs. There has to be something else. A restructured contract maybe?
If we really are keeping Dino we should extend him two years and say we have faith in our HC. This will help close out this recruiting cycle, help the start of next season's recruiting, and help attract some assistant coaches. Have a favorable buyout so if next season fails to produce a Bowl, we move on without losing $ with the extension. If Dino does turn it around then great. Otherwise we aren't giving Dino a real chance. In which case just move on.

It would be worth just to see what intimidating phrase he scrawled on his knuckles before he popped me. Wake up with #NOMERCY on my forehead.

Lol.. Gilbert’s track record is less than stellar…he never should have been hired but we are a bottom feeder
His offense generated the all time rushing yardage for a back. That was with a offensive that couldn't pass block and receivers who couldn't get separation on a regular basis. Not going to be easy to install a new offense before the first game, against UCONN. I have more faith in Mora getting his situation straight going in to that game than Dino.

Last edited:
Every move made needs to improve recruiting. If it doesn’t then they should be make other moves in addition to these

His offense generated the all time rushing yardage for a back. That was with a offensive that couldn't pass block and receivers who couldn't get separation on a regular basis. Not going to be easy to ibstall a new offense before the first game, against UCONN. I have more faith in Mora getting hid situation straight going in to that game than dino.
I think it has more to do with moving any from the Baylor offense maybe?

If we really are keeping Dino we should extend him two years and say we have faith in our HC. This will help close out this recruiting cycle, help the start of next season's recruiting, and help attract some assistant coaches. Have a favorable buyout so if next season fails to produce a Bowl, we move on without losing $ with the extension. If Dino does turn it around then great. Otherwise we aren't giving Dino a real chance. In which case just move on.
There has to be something like that in some way was my thinking. You can't sell to recruits, staff, future staff and fans what is currently happening without having a contract message of some sort which includes likely very favorable buyout terms.

Injuries all over the place - how can you say that?
We are pretty much undersized at almost every position. Every team has injuries, Pitt had like 20 out on injury last year. I don’t see Cuse players cramping up and bent over sucking air is all I’m saying

I’m not a huge fan of Edinger I just don’t think he’s an issue.

Jeez I didn’t realize we still had so many Will Hicks fans on here

You want to be the one to tell him?

"A member of the U.S. National Karate Team for five years, Edinger has more than 30 years of experience in the martial arts".
Sean Edinger - Assistant Athletics Director/Athletic Performance (football) - Staff Directory - Syracuse University Athletics
Strength and conditioning coach, highly regarded. We still get injured, not necessarily his fault, happens to every team in football. We just don't have quality depth and backups to compensate like the good teams do.

Who do they bring in as OC if this is true?

I’d like to see them pony up some $$ for Joe Moorhead if he doesn’t pick up a HC.

He sucked at USF also, so stop making excuses
I didn't think he sucked here. He didn't have the players to work with. I don't think it was his call to start Devito for the first 3 games. I don't think a new OC will be able to get on the same page with the QB fast enough to be very effective next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom