OC... | Syracusefan.com

OC...

Jake

Mod
The way Shafer spoke today, sounded like "we're going to take our time and get the right guy" was code for "we know who we want and he's not available yet because he's in the NFL playoffs".

Makes me think Alex Van Pelt might be our guy. Purely a gut feeling on my part.

Not sure. Rumor is it is supposed to be a wow hire. AVP is not a wow hire.

The way Shafer spoke today, sounded like "we're going to take our time and get the right guy" was code for "we know who we want and he's not available yet because he's in the NFL playoffs".

Makes me think Alex Van Pelt might be our guy. Purely a gut feeling on my part.
TOS reporting that Alex is out

Did he say it was a WOW hire or a name we are not expecting? :)

I think it's going to be someone from his past - someone he trusts. He said he wants to be on the field with guys upstairs he trusts. Doubt it's someone he hasn't worked with before.

If it's someone he worked with in the past, and someone who can help sustain a creative and explosive offense? Well, that's easy...

20a3099b4c556085e6ea374da43a5303.jpg
=
kilmer.jpg

Which means the only logical new OC is...

lance.jpg

i cant post the names scout has as top candidates but i could give them #1 guy on the list hasnt been mentioned and also 2 guys on the list has been mentioned on here in OC threads

i cant post the names scout has as top candidates but if someone wanted to pm me i could give them #1 guy on the list and also 2 guys on the list has been mentioned on here in OC threads

Is #1 a "homerun?"

i cant post the names scout has as top candidates but if someone wanted to pm me i could give them #1 guy on the list and also 2 guys on the list has been mentioned on here in OC threads
Reading the Scout list of candidates...none of those excite me. And none seem like they'd be a real splashy hire. Of those, the one I'd most like to see, based on age/experience/ties to Shafer, is George McDonald.

Reading the Scout list of candidates...none of those excite me. And none seem like they'd be a real splashy hire. Of those, the one I'd most like to see, based on age/experience/ties to Shafer, is George McDonald.

Not excite is being kind.

Didn't McDonald just go to Arkansas or am I thinking about someone else?

If it's someone he worked with in the past, and someone who can help sustain a creative and explosive offense? Well, that's easy...

Which means the only logical new OC is...

lance.jpg
Out new OC is Justin Bieber???

Is Cubit to Illinois official yet?

Nope. A bunch of reports a few days ago that he was supposed to be their guy, but no official announcement yet. Perhaps that's the holdup here, that Shafer is trying to get him?

Everything that came up when I Googled him says 'Report' or Source says'. Maybe it's not official yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom