OC... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OC...

Everything that came up when I Googled him says 'Report' or Source says'. Maybe it's not official yet.

Hope he can pull it off and change his mind.

I've been a Shafer fan since he Marrone hired him. I think I've said a bunch times that I'm all in with the hire.

As for the OC, if he hires Cubit it makes P look like a piker with the SCT mafia. I'd expect the constant critics to pick up on that as a meme to start beating him up about.

That being said, if there is one thing WMich did the last few years is load up on the pass game. Run the ball, not so much.

If he does hire him he's his Anselmo.

Hope he can pull it off and change his mind.

I was actually hoping he went to Illinois until I read in another thread the dreaded name of Paul Hackett. :eek:

There are going to be many anxious moments if Cubit or Paul Hackett get the gig.

John Reagan is looking better and better. What happened with that?

Cheers,
Neil

Reading the Scout list of candidates...none of those excite me. And none seem like they'd be a real splashy hire. Of those, the one I'd most like to see, based on age/experience/ties to Shafer, is George McDonald.

I was as wrong as wrong can be with the no way Marrone hands the keys to Hackett out of the gate but that being said,

There is NO WAY that Shafer is going to hand the keys to a guy that has NEVER been more than a WR coach. It was one thing for Marrone to do it with Hackett, he was co-OC to start.

Call me crazy, but he has to hire and experienced OC and play caller, doesn't he?

I've been a Shafer fan since he Marrone hired him. I think I've said a bunch times that I'm all in with the hire.

As for the OC, if he hires Cubit it makes P look like a piker with the SCT mafia. I'd expect the constant critics to pick up on that as a meme to start beating him up about.

That being said, if there is one thing WMich did the last few years is load up on the pass game. Run the ball, not so much.

If he does hire him he's his Anselmo.
An Illinois fan did some analysis of the Western Michigan offense with Cubit as the HC. It was indeed passing centric. Not sure what scheme he used but he beat a bunch of BCS teams during his time there, including Illinois (and UConn).

Link

Seriously or are you guessing? You've posted his name more than once which leads me to believe you might know something.
Well, he's had two posts on this board and in both he yelled his name.

This wasn't a helpful post for your question, just an observation.

Would seem to make sense if the younger Hackett was named HC but not so much in this case, but who knows.

An Illinois fan did some analysis of the Western Michigan offense with Cubit as the HC. It was indeed passing centric. Not sure what scheme he used but he beat a bunch of BCS teams during his time there, including Illinois (and UConn).

Link

Is Illinois a BCS team? Didn't Robinson beat them?

And didn't we watch the end of the UConn game at Rosies? Another bad beat for P.

Link

Seems that WMU became more pass centric after Cubits' son Ryan came on board as the QB coach and co-offensive coordinator.

Seriously or are you guessing? You've posted his name more than once which leads me to believe you might know something.

Have seen him in Syracuse for what its worth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom