Octagon of Doom | Syracusefan.com

Octagon of Doom

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Of all my years watching college hoops seriously (20 yrs), this Octagon of Doom has always seemed to me as the most intimidating atmosphere. Doesn't matter how good or mediocre KSU is. On TV it looks amazing. Looks more intense than Phog, Cameron, PEC, etc. Anybody else agree?

Veley should be listening to their PA guy. He's on point. Or ask him for a coaching. ;)

Frank Martin was the perfect fit for that team, the fans and arena. I really wish he had stayed.

Frank Martin was the perfect fit for that team, the fans and arena. I really wish he had stayed.
I don't understand why he left...Why take a step down to coach at a nothing school in a weaker conference?

I don't understand why he left...Why take a step down to coach at a nothing school in a weaker conference?
I heard that all of the players threatened to transfer if he remained coach of the team.

One big reason he left was because the admins at KSU gave no support when one of his star players was suspended for a Very minor infraction. I think it was a meal or some such thing.

Their PA guy was the first thing that caught my attention upon turning on the game last night.

He's definitely professional and more terse than Veley, but he's got that Generic PA Voice. (I was really disappointed in 1998 or so when the Mets replaced the longtime PA guy at Shea with someone who sounds like Handsome Dan on Wayne's World 2 [and the PA announcer at 75% of the professional sports venues in America].)

I don't like Veley's content, but at least he uses his natural voice.

Their PA guy was the first thing that caught my attention upon turning on the game last night.

He's definitely professional and more terse than Veley, but he's got that Generic PA Voice. (I was really disappointed in 1998 or so when the Mets replaced the longtime PA guy at Shea with someone who sounds like Handsome Dan on Wayne's World 2 [and the PA announcer at 75% of the professional sports venues in America].)

I don't like Veley's content, but at least he uses his natural voice.

I think it's more of a unique than generic PA voice. There is definitely excitement in his voice and when the time hit 1 minute left in the H, 2H, or OT he did a simple but sinister sounding, "One minute." Veley should seek his help.

I think it's more of a unique than generic PA voice. There is definitely excitement in his voice and when the time hit 1 minute left in the H, 2H, or OT he did a simple but sinister sounding, "One minute." Veley should seek his help.
Veley should simply seek help, vocal or perhaps otherwise.

I would think Texas Tech's home court would have to be in the running.

What, too soon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom