Ode to #87 on Purdue… | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ode to #87 on Purdue…

Brohm is an idiot … you are kicking off from your own 10 … I would have told my kicker to turn and drill it out of bounds. Cuse would’ve gotten the ball on their own 35 instead of getting it at the 50. I will say that O’Connell is a helluva QB … only seen him play 3 times but a really good player.

Link? Link? My kingdom for a link!
https://purdue.forums./forums/free-board-boilermaker-football.24/

In fairness some more coaching related references but still blaming refs seems to be their bigger trend. Very little respect for us

Brohm is an idiot … you are kicking off from your own 10 … I would have told my kicker to turn and drill it out of bounds. Cuse would’ve gotten the ball on their own 35 instead of getting it at the 50. I will say that O’Connell is a helluva QB … only seen him play 3 times but a really good player.

Don't think that's how that works

Don't think that's how that works
A kickoff out of bounds is a procedure call … why give them a chance to return it … kick it far enough down the the sideline and let it go out of bounds.

No. Syracuse would have got it at the 40 of Purdue. It's 30 yards form where you kick it.

Not the way that works

No. Syracuse would have got it at the 40 of Purdue. It's 30 yards form where you kick it.
Really? You sure that’s the rule I thought it was the 35 unless it goes out of bounds before the 35. Either way why kick to the middle of the field?

iu

15 for 87, 15 for the special teams coach.

My imagination or did someone get thrown out after our XP?
The first one was 15 (moved kick from 35 to the 20) and the second one was 10 (half the distance to move from the 20 to the 10).

Really? You sure that’s the rule I thought it was the 35 unless it goes out of bounds before the 35. Either way why kick to the middle of the field?

It's 25 yards from the spot of the kick or closer to the goal. Whichever is the most beneficial to the offense.

I'm not positive. I thought it was yardage not a 35 yard rule.

It's 25 yards from the spot of the kick or closer to the goal. Whichever is the most beneficial to the offense.
Can’t be 25 or it wouldn’t be places at the 35 … the 30 yard rule Dasher cited would be right then. I thought it was 35 by default unless it leaves the field of play earlier.

I'm not positive. I thought it was yardage not a 35 yard rule.
You may be right. I assumed it was 35 unless the ball left the field of play beforehand … but the rule could be 30 yards.

Can’t be 25 or it wouldn’t be places at the 35 … the 30 yard rule Dasher cited would be right then. I thought it was 35 by default unless it leaves the field of play earlier.

You're right. It's 30 in college because they kick at the 35. It's 25 in the NFL.

Bigger ode to the B10 refs for actually throwing the flags!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom