ODU could be our FCS opponent this coming season | Syracusefan.com

ODU could be our FCS opponent this coming season

texascpa

Living Legend
From an ODU article about a possible home-and-home with USF, I saw this tidbit:

"And we're not done. We're looking to add another BCS team next season."

ODU is moving from the Football Championship Subdivision to the Football Bowl Subdivision in 2014, when the Monarchs join Conference USA. ODU competes as an FCS independent next season.

ODU has four games with FBS opponents next season - at East Carolina on Aug. 31, at Maryland on Sept. 7, at Idaho on Nov. 9 and at UNC.

Wilder said Syracuse, which has an open date and is seeking a home game against an FCS opponent, could be ODU's fifth FBS game.

Didn't they beat the Hokies a few years back? Or was that William & Mary?

ODU is an up and coming program. I know a couple kids on the team actually. That said, multiple players have legal trouble and definitely fit the bill for the term "thug" to say the least. It is at the beach but in extremely close proximity to some of the rougher areas. That said, all of the beach boys who don't get offers from VT or UVA whether it is for academic or legal troubles just goes to ODU. They are going to be a tough team because of it. Watch for them to be a rising program. Unreal recruiting grounds.

That said, I'd love to schedule them.

ODU is an up and coming program. I know a couple kids on the team actually. That said, multiple players have legal trouble and definitely fit the bill for the term "thug" to say the least. It is at the beach but in extremely close proximity to some of the rougher areas. That said, all of the beach boys who don't get offers from VT or UVA whether it is for academic or legal troubles just goes to ODU. They are going to be a tough team because of it. Watch for them to be a rising program. Unreal recruiting grounds.

That said, I'd love to schedule them.

I love a post with 3 "that said" in it.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Not to sound like an RU fan, but why not just schedule a D1aa dreck and get done with it allready.. Whats wrong with SU scheduling a sure Win like everyone else for once.

I don't know if that's a great idea.

Give me a scrimmage.

Bingo, why do we have to keep playing with fire when it comes to our schedule.

Bad idea. Schedule a sure thing and be done with it. We don't need to play Michigan to Appy State. Nothing but downside in a game like that. You win, ho hum. You lose and it's the stop story on ESPN for a week.

Bad idea. Schedule a sure thing and be done with it. We don't need to play Michigan to Appy State. Nothing but downside in a game like that. You win, ho hum. You lose and it's the stop story on ESPN for a week.

Bingo, your asking for a disaster by scheduling that game.

I love a post with 3 "that said" in it.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Hmm...I thought maybe it would be because the OP made a correlation between "beach boys" and toughness.

Bingo, why do we have to keep playing with fire when it comes to our schedule.

Agree. Take the D1aa, and work like hell to make it the first game of the season.

Agree. Take the D1aa, and work like hell to make it the first game of the season.

PSU is already first in line.

Agree 100%. Tune up game, and should be positioned accordingly in the schedule so that it serves that purpose.

ODU isn't a team I want as the aa on the schedule. They do something unique offensively, and they do it really well. I'd much rather see a standard, ho humkind aa kind of team.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2