offense is 98th in the country in yards per play | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

offense is 98th in the country in yards per play

Is it Strickland or is it a terrible run scheme? I see no creativity when they hand the ball off. It's just run it up the gut with "running backs" who look more like wide receivers.

its the same scheme that's worked at their previous stops.

Is it Strickland or is it a terrible run scheme? I see no creativity when they hand the ball off. It's just run it up the gut with "running backs" who look more like wide receivers.

You could argue the run game isn't what it could be or hasn't evolved yet to what we will see in the future but there have been holes and times in the game where a more natural RB makes plays that aren't being made now.

I guess the flipside to that is, if he's being told to run the route exactly as it's drawn up or he doesn't get the carries, his creativity in hitting a hole that's opening up in the context of the action, is being limited. I don't feel like that's the issue but it would explain some of the real strange choices in running into defenders when a hole is opening up by a blocker.

Get tougher. Elmore and Pierce need to get more run. Let Elmore catch that ball in the flat, then let him run between the tackles, then hit Pierce in the middle of the field. Think 5 yards and a cloud of dust, and then think 17 yards and the same.

When it comes to NC State, go right into the teeth if that defensive front 7 and make them pay for the pressure they bring

Just watched replay of LSU game. As most have said on here, we outplayed these guys. If not for a few mistakes and the two big plays they got on TD's we win the game. It's coming together on offense and the missing link is a solid RB. Sorry to say this but Strickland needs to be moved to the slot asap and either Neil or Mack needs to start in the back field. Right now IMHO that is the missing link in the offense is the running game. Once we establish the running game we will get better and better. I'm just surprised Dino will not do something different on whom should start at RB.

I
Just watched replay of LSU game. As most have said on here, we outplayed these guys. If not for a few mistakes and the two big plays they got on TD's we win the game. It's coming together on offense and the missing link is a solid RB. Sorry to say this but Strickland needs to be moved to the slot asap and either Neil or Mack needs to start in the back field. Right now IMHO that is the missing link in the offense is the running game. Once we establish the running game we will get better and better. I'm just surprised Dino will not do something different on whom should start at RB.

Ive read that Strickland is the best pass blocking back by far and has helped protect Dungey with a young offensive line who struggles in protection at times. I haven't watched close enough to know if its true but thought it sounded valid.

I

Ive read that Strickland is the best pass blocking back by far and has helped protect Dungey with a young offensive line who struggles in protection at times. I haven't watched close enough to know if its true but thought it sounded valid.
I’ve heard and observed this myself.

Which makes the case for more split back sets. 2 options for deception on the handoff. Both backs can catch (Moe and Strick) and you have at least 1 strong pass blocker incase of an identified pressure scheme.

Amiright SWC75 ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom