Offense will be better but...…... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Offense will be better but...…...

I am looking forward to seeing a revamped Frank Howard with a more polished Brissett this year. My beloved Auburn Tigers football team has left me wanting Syracuse basketball to start up now more than ever :(

From the above DO article with the JB interview his comment about Oshae seems like JB wanted Oshae around campus some this summer:

When asked about Syracuse sophomore forward Oshae Brissett, Boeheim did not indicate how the freshman star from a season ago had improved this offseason.
“I haven’t seen him,” Boeheim said. “He hasn’t worked out, so we’ll see what happens when he’s back at practice.”

this zone could surpass the one mcw headed
This message triggered a flashback to the MCW team when they played that game against Georgetown and did not score 50 points!!

We didn't even score 40. It was 61-39. Just a brutal game.

I remember Southerland hit a 25 footer early...and that being the only time I got excited all game. Old man Thompson was so smug when they got us in the regular season that year.

Then we got them back at the Garden.

if the new additions don't buy in on the defensive end we could be looking at a repeat of the Lydon/White team that was also highly re-guarded...last years team made the Sweet 16 because of defense.
there's a better chance the offense will be stagnant again than that the defense will be as bad as that particular season

Don’t think we have much to worry about defensively. They have the potential to be one of Jim’s best units ever.

I think this team will be better defensively than last year's. The experience and depth will help. At the same time, I could see our defensive efficiency being worse this year as i think we will play at a better pace offensively (god i hope so).

I think this team will be better defensively than last year's. The experience and depth will help. At the same time, I could see our defensive efficiency being worse this year as i think we will play at a better pace offensively (god i hope so).

Better offensively, and in fairness to the OP, each of the prime subs might be a level down defensively from the starters they will replace. It is not a knock on the team or any of the players. Chukwu is a serious rim protector -- Sidibe is average as a defensive center (but maybe improved this season). Marek is 6ft 10 in and uses that length to get deflections and rebounds, and deter shooters -- Hughes is 4 inches shorter and we don't know how he is on the boards. Battle & Howard are among our very best duos ever at the top of the zone. JB can sub and keep our better defenders fresh, and he can press more. I like the mix -- very interested in seeing in November how good this team can be.

in fairness to the OP, each of the prime subs might be a level down defensively from the starters they will replace.
and last year was different how?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom