2000-01 Graduate Assistant Utah State
2002-04 Tight Ends Utah State
2005 Tight Ends Eastern Illinois
2006-11 Wide Receivers Eastern Illinois
2012-13 Running Backs Eastern Illinois
2014 Running Backs Bowling Green
2015 Co-Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line/Running Backs Bowling Green
2016-present Co-Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Syracuse

there is more than 1 thing to coaching this kids.. you have to get them the tech, but they also need to mentally do the right things.. they are making more mental mistakes than physical ones right now and that is part of playing only 2 games together.

there is more than 1 thing to coaching this kids.. you have to get them the tech, but they also need to mentally do the right things.. they are making more mental mistakes than physical ones right now and that is part of playing only 2 games together.

Also, we are starting 2 RS Freshmen on the interior line and a true freshman is in the 2 deep. That's a lot of youth and inexperience.

one early play we have a 3 man slide protection and they all passed off the guy and Dunget got killed. thats a learning curve that will get better as the play more games together.. I also think they are making some mistakes in judging the strength and speed of the dline they are blocking,. they are just pushing instead of blocking thinking thats enough and they go on to the next part of the play. that too will get better. as to how they are doing with hands and feet positioning thats all in coaching and talent beyond most of us to understand

I trust Babers to move him if he thinks he's the problem. He did it at BG with the DC.

Also, we are starting 2 RS Freshmen on the interior line and a true freshman is in the 2 deep. That's a lot of youth and inexperience.

Add to that Roberts, possibly their best linemen, out for the year. The depth is getting there along with the talent.

Does anyone know how much clout Dino has with the coordinators. Can Wildhack back him into a corner with regards to making changes to the coordinators.
Something will change for sure if we finish w 2-3 wins but i'm wondering if it will be a power play from Wildhack or if Dino will see the writing on the wall to switch it up. This is what i'm curious about with regards to Dino as a long term solution. How amendable he is to switching his strategy to jive with what he has at Syracuse, in the ACC, etc. He's a smart guy so i assume he'll make changes.

Does anyone know how much clout Dino has with the coordinators. Can Wildhack back him into a corner with regards to making changes to the coordinators.
Something will change for sure if we finish w 2-3 wins but i'm wondering if it will be a power play from Wildhack or if Dino will see the writing on the wall to switch it up. This is what i'm curious about with regards to Dino as a long term solution. How amendable he is to switching his strategy to jive with what he has at Syracuse, in the ACC, etc. He's a smart guy so i assume he'll make changes.

Not totally sure but probably more than a coach with a normal AD would have. I mean this as no insult to JW but he has never been an AD before... meaning he's never had football coaches work for him before, so it's not like he has 'his guys' out there somewhere. I can't imagine he has like a hot list of coordinators or coaches he'd be looking at, you know?

Not sure how much "powerplay" BS he would want to play. Dino is the coach we need and we already are playing catch up to get the Football program up to speed. Wildhack comes in demanding things it could go seriously wrong quickly. Dino made changes after year one at BGSU and I believe he has been around long enough to know if a change needs made.

Not sure how much "powerplay" BS he would want to play. Dino is the coach we need and we already are playing catch up to get the Football program up to speed. Wildhack comes in demanding things it could go seriously wrong quickly. Dino made changes after year one at BGSU and I believe he has been around long enough to know if a change needs made.

This. Babers is not afraid to make changes. He moved his best friend from DC at BG to WR coach.

1999 Tight Ends Montana
2000-01 Graduate Assistant Utah State
2002-04 Tight Ends Utah State
2005 Tight Ends Eastern Illinois
2006-11 Wide Receivers Eastern Illinois
2012-13 Running Backs Eastern Illinois
2014 Running Backs Bowling Green
2015 Co-Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line/Running Backs Bowling Green
2016-present Co-Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Syracuse

I thought the same thing.

Unless he's GRob bad, we'd be crazy to can Dino before he coaches for 4 years. Even then, I'd lean towards giving him 5 unless year 4 is really bad.

We desperately need stability. I think A) a team with an identity will perform better than the sum of its parts, and B) if/when we do make a change, it will be a heck of a lot easier on the next guy if we have a consistent identity. That's also true for the next AD.

It has to be easier for an AD to find and hire a coach if there's already a system in place at a school.

Unless he's GRob bad, we'd be crazy to can Dino before he coaches for 4 years. Even then, I'd lean towards giving him 5 unless year 4 is really bad.

We desperately need stability. I think A) a team with an identity will perform better than the sum of its parts, and B) if/when we do make a change, it will be a heck of a lot easier on the next guy if we have a consistent identity. That's also true for the next AD.

It has to be easier for an AD to find and hire a coach if there's already a system in place at a school.
Unfortunately, I think this is a 5-6 year rebuild.

I obviously have a ton of faith in DB and I believe JW has that faith as well ... the Dome reno excites me and scares me. Who would want to fire and hire a coach during that? Then again... if your football coach is losing and you're not getting butts in seats ...

So we'll see. Let's make a bowl this year somehow someway

Unfortunately, I think this is a 5-6 year rebuild.

There's two ways to look at this. One is that it will take 5-6 years [going by your estimation] to OPTIMIZE our roster and contend for top 25 status.

But on the other hand, that doesn't mean that it is necessarily going to take 5-6 years for the team to win / get to bowls. They might not be optimized for a few years, but they can have short term success. Look how lousy our defense was last season, compared to the noticeable improvement in only 1 year. If we had a better OL, the offense would be exponentially better. We might only be a player or two away from being respectable THIS YEAR.

There's two ways to look at this. One is that it will take 5-6 years [going by your estimation] to OPTIMIZE our roster and contend for top 25 status.

But on the other hand, that doesn't mean that it is necessarily going to take 5-6 years for the team to win / get to bowls. They might not be optimized for a few years, but they can have short term success. Look how lousy our defense was last season, compared to the noticeable improvement in only 1 year. If we had a better OL, the offense would be exponentially better. We might only be a player or two away from being respectable THIS YEAR.

I haven't given up hope on a bowl game this year at 6 wins. I'll go on record. :)

we played about as poorly in key areas on offense much of the game and still needed very little to go right to score 35-40. we didnt get there but just having a chance to score when playing awful is a huge step forward

Great post, but DINO and his coaches is one big unknown. Who knows WHAT he is thinking. We will never hear from them. He seems loyal to his position coaches.

Seems as though he will stick with the T2 as he thinks this scheme which is bend, dont break will give his O some rest after going fast. Where as an attacking scheme might put the O back out there too soon. Kinda twisted thinking, but ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom