Offensive Line Coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Offensive Line Coach

Great post, but DINO and his coaches is one big unknown. Who knows WHAT he is thinking. We will never hear from them. He seems loyal to his position coaches.

Seems as though he will stick with the T2 as he thinks this scheme which is bend, dont break will give his O some rest after going fast. Where as an attacking scheme might put the O back out there too soon. Kinda twisted thinking, but ok.

We know he's not afraid to make changes. We don't need to hear from assistants to know that.

It's pretty clear why he runs the T2 as a base scheme. He assumes his offense will score and give him a lead. He wants opposing QB's pressing and throwing INT. It's hard to be patient when you see the other team score quickly.

Thought the D played a great half this past week. Including 3 TO's. Gave up 150 yards and 1 TD in the half. Need more of that.

We know he's not afraid to make changes. We don't need to hear from assistants to know that.

It's pretty clear why he runs the T2 as a base scheme. He assumes his offense will score and give him a lead. He wants opposing QB's pressing and throwing INT. It's hard to be patient when you see the other team score quickly.

Thought the D played a great half this past week. Including 3 TO's. Gave up 150 yards and 1 TD in the half. Need more of that.

Yes, the D did have a decent week. NOT sure why DINO needs to use the T2 with this offense as this offense is used across the nation and other coaches dont sniff it?

Aren't there variations of this Tampa 2 that are used? A slide here or there...from what I've seen it isn't made in concrete as there are slight to moderate adjustments.

Yes, the D did have a decent week. NOT sure why DINO needs to use the T2 with this offense as this offense is used across the nation and other coaches dont sniff it?

I get it. You're not a fan.

Why follow? Why not try this as a base? Why do we play the 2-3 Zone when everyone else plays man?

What I'm saying is that the VaTech game and MTSU game actually let us see some success on D. As the recruits get bigger and faster - we'll really get a feel for it.

But it's starting to feel like a uni topic. Some just won't buy in. But I'm done explaining why it works with this offense, systematically. I could be wrong, he could be wrong. We'll just have to see.

Aren't there variations of this Tampa 2 that are used? A slide here or there...from what I've seen it isn't made in concrete as there are slight to moderate adjustments.

We don't play a pure Tampa 2, just like we don't run exactly what Briles ran at Baylor. It's a base system. I'll let someone else say how much variation we do - that's beyond me.

idk why this thread is going off about the t2 d.
anyway the d seems to have been improved from last yr. *seems*
we'll see.
The o-line seems to have not improved from last yr.
it seems the hope is that, like the run game, we'll buy the
"we dont have the talent to do it" line-o-crap and hopefully
the qb and the passing game will click enough, with the defense shored up just enough,
so we see glimmers of hope and win just enough games
to keep the villagers from getting out their torches and pitchforks.
To me, anyway, the mark of good coaching is beating teams that are better than you on paper.
or at least being competitive vs better talent.

to be blunt: i dont buy: "it takes more than a year to teach a line how to block"

I get it. You're not a fan.

Why follow? Why not try this as a base? Why do we play the 2-3 Zone when everyone else plays man?

What I'm saying is that the VaTech game and MTSU game actually let us see some success on D. As the recruits get bigger and faster - we'll really get a feel for it.

But it's starting to feel like a uni topic. Some just won't buy in. But I'm done explaining why it works with this offense, systematically. I could be wrong, he could be wrong. We'll just have to see.

I totally see your side. My only question is in this age of fast offenses, Why don't we see the T2 being implemented anywhere else? Its very personal dependent, specific, practically pro level ends and corners.

I totally see your side. My only question is in this age of fast offenses, Why don't we see the T2 being implemented anywhere else? Its very personal dependent, specific, practically pro level ends and corners.

Don't know. Be a good question for Dino.

idk why this thread is going off about the t2 d.
anyway the d seems to have been improved from last yr. *seems*
we'll see.
The o-line seems to have not improved from last yr.
it seems the hope is that, like the run game, we'll buy the
"we dont have the talent to do it" line-o-crap and hopefully
the qb and the passing game will click enough, with the defense shored up just enough,
so we see glimmers of hope and win just enough games
to keep the villagers from getting out their torches and pitchforks.
To me, anyway, the mark of good coaching is beating teams that are better than you on paper.
or at least being competitive vs better talent.

to be blunt: i dont buy: "it takes more than a year to teach a line how to block"

It does, though.

How much better was our line under Marrone in years 3/4 than in years 1/2?

All the improvement was made by guys who were upperclassmen by that time and had spent 2/3 years being coached by Marrone's staff. It wasn't an infusion of young talent that supplanted the vets.