Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

Those are our next tier of guys more similar to their Seth Joyner’s(Cardinals!) and Brian Westbrook’s(Niners!). Our all time elite guys like Strahan and LT and our best QB’s like Simms and Eli were GIANTS!
Wouldnt speak so soon on eli

Those are our next tier of guys more similar to their Seth Joyner’s(Cardinals!) and Brian Westbrook’s(Niners!). Our all time elite guys like Strahan and LT and our best QB’s like Simms and Eli were GIANTS!
True, and Frank Gifford and Harry Carson. They are top ten all time Giants. Then you have other second and third tier guys like Amani Toomer, Tiki Barber, George Martin. Not many more though. I hated it when guys like Bavaro, Banks, Joe Morris put on other uni's.

True, and Frank Gifford and Harry Carson. They are top ten all time Giants. Then you have other second and third tier guys like Amani Toomer, Tiki Barber, George Martin. Not many more though. I hated it when guys like Bavaro, Banks, Joe Morris put on other uni's.

Agreed! Though Bavaro and Morris were washed at that point and Banks was getting there. I think I was most livid when Dan Reeves came in and cut an in his prime Pepper Johnson, who then went to Cleveland and was a pro bowler and when we let Meggett go to NE with Parcells. We were so DULL once Meggett left. Though Rodney Hampton is another career Giant! Chris Snee.

That’s why I’m needling, lol. I can’t even think of a career Eagle in my lifetime.

When Wentz is done with his career he will have put plenty of mileage between himself and the guy from Morehead State. No disrespect to Phil, tough as they come.

Phil also spent his entire career playing for a guy whose 4th quarter offensive philosophy was run, run, screen, punt, play defense.

Phil also spent his entire career playing for a guy whose 4th quarter offensive philosophy was run, run, screen, punt, play defense.

Yup. Like 75% of the starting QB’s now put up stats that would be top of the league in the 1980s and early 90s.

Just completely different eras.

Yup. Like 75% of the starting QB’s now put up stats that would be top of the league in the 1980s and early 90s.

Just completely different eras.

Offense, to Parcells, was just something you did to pass the time until the D got back on the field - like basketball season at Alabama.

I think Phil would have shown with a more offensive-minded coach.

Quick, name an all-pro wideout on those Giants teams.

Last edited:
I can’t even think of a career Eagle in my lifetime.
You have to go back a lot of years.
210px-Van_Buren_1952_Bowman.jpg
51KUsc9UpiL._SY445_.jpg

Offense, to Parcells, was just something you did to pass the time until the D got back on the field - like basketball season at Alabama.

I think Phil would have shown with a more offensive-minded coach.

Quick, name an all-pro wideout on those Giants teams.
When you look at the stats #11 put up...its amazing.

He did it handing off, injured for a bit, with 2 strike shortened seasons...and the Hoss/Handley debacle.

HOF

Ground breaking announcer too...

Agreed! Though Bavaro and Morris were washed at that point and Banks was getting there. I think I was most livid when Dan Reeves came in and cut an in his prime Pepper Johnson, who then went to Cleveland and was a pro bowler and when we let Meggett go to NE with Parcells. We were so DULL once Meggett left. Though Rodney Hampton is another career Giant! Chris Snee.

That’s why I’m needling, lol. I can’t even think of a career Eagle in my lifetime.

They had one last night as an honorary captain - Brent Celek.

And I here I thought only Eli was the guy with all the ready made excuses. :)

Flowers ruins the first drive of the season. The more things change...

He is the worst starter in Giants history.

Flowers ruins the first drive of the season. The more things change...

He is the worst starter in Giants history.
Dave Gettleman is reviewing the waiver wire as we speak.

I know the Jags are tough, but our OL is getting absolutely killed.

Like everyone, they can’t cover Beckham.

Eli is playing great while having almost no time. Barkley hasn’t had even a shred of daylight.

If you want sb number 5 u might want to tell your ol to block someone.

A 15 yard face mask is not nearly strong enough for that. That was ridiculous. That guy should’ve been ejected.