Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

Very tough matchup for him, but man. Flowers really killed us.

Great run by Barkley. Turning nothing into a 68 yard TD. Eli was solid while being under heavy pressure all game. Pick 6 was due to Flowers being a turnstile. Beckham looked like he always has. Defense was solid.

We’ve gotta have a RT solution. This is otherwise a playoff caliber team IMO and we can’t have one position hold us back.

Great run by Barkley. Turning nothing into a 68 yard TD. Eli was solid while being under heavy pressure all game. Pick 6 was due to Flowers being a turnstile. Beckham looked like he always has. Defense was solid.

We’ve gotta have a RT solution. This is otherwise a playoff caliber team IMO and we can’t have one position hold us back.
How was Nate Solder? Last year Calais Campbell abused him a couple of times.

Should add that with a bit more time, I think we hit on at least one, maybe two big play TDs to Beckham.

We did a good job getting some good matchups for him where he was easily able to get open.

I’m both encouraged and frustrated.

How was Nate Solder? Last year Calais Campbell abused him a couple of times.

Thought he was ok overall. Also a very tough matchup for him. He wasn’t dominated like Flowers was.

Also forgot to mention big drop by Shepherd. We were moving before that. Momentum killer.

Remember, here on Syracusefan.com...every missed block and every dropped easy catch...is Eli’s fault.

Remember, here on Syracusefan.com...every missed block and every dropped easy catch...is Eli’s fault.
You scored 15 points. Who is that on?
6 of those points were Barkley bouncing a short gain into a TD.
The QB gets credit for wins and blame for losses.
Your D shut down the Jags offense. Any offense and you guys win.

You scored 15 points. Who is that on?
6 of those points were Barkley bouncing a short gain into a TD.
The QB gets credit for wins and blame for losses.
Your D shut down the Jags offense. Any offense and you guys win.

The Oline. Couldn’t open holes. Couldn’t give Eli time.

The Oline. Couldn’t open holes. Couldn’t give Eli time.
I am going to say this next week NE is at Jax if the NE D holds Jax to 20 points I am confident NE will win that game.

NYG took the NE LT and the NYG have a better WR core and better starting RB.
QB play will be the difference.

I am going to say this next week NE is at Jax if the NE D holds Jax to 20 points I am confident NE will win that game.

OL play will also likely be the difference, if NE scores a lot and wins.

Probably the biggest difference, because Eli played pretty well.

Will Jags possibly be favored? Would love to know how many times Brady has been a dog in his career during the regular season. Probably never at home. Maybe a couple times vs Peyton in Indy. Versus Elway maybe.

Will Jags possibly be favored? Would love to know how many times Brady has been a dog in his career during the regular season. Probably never at home. Maybe a couple times vs Peyton in Indy. Versus Elway maybe.
My guess the point spread will be in the NE -1 to pick ‘em range.

The Jaguars should win the game without the Pats having Edelman.
If the score is lower I know Brady will score enough to win.

QBs only get credited for Ws and Ls in alsacs world.

And did you watch every Giant snap??

Do you really want to place any kind of blame whatsoever on Eli??

Not if you watched you wouldn’t.

Flowers gets tagged with that loss.

Last edited:

Lol no blame?
My god you scored 15 points. You can give the OL help. Have a TE chip and or go 2 TEs.
The OL sucking only matters if you are going 11 personnel and want 3 WR sets.
You give Eli a pass but I looked at the highlights he wasn’t good. Your D was really good. Stop going 3 WR or spread if your OL sucks.
Running the ball slows down a pass rush.

Lol no blame?
My god you scored 15 points. You can give the OL help. Have a TE chip and or go 2 TEs.
You give Eli a pass but I looked at the highlights he wasn’t good. Your D was really good. Stop going 3 WR or spread if your OL sucks.

Lol.

You really doing this when you didn’t watch the game?

Lol no blame?
WASNT GOOD???!!!

how many drops did they show in the highlights???

How many wiffs by flowers did they show??

Did they show the fumbled punt, thus ruining Eli’s shot at a game winning drive??

Eli was fine.

WASNT GOOD???!!!

Did they show the fumbled punt, thus ruining Eli’s shot at a game winning drive??

Eli was fine.

Eli's string of perfection continues. 217 games and counting. I'll admit he was good today from what I saw but the lengths you go to defend any little criticism crack me up.

WASNT GOOD???!!!

Eli was fine.
Fine = 9 points. The TD was all Barkley.
You can just say Eli needs to play better. The defense gave up 13 points.

I understand Jax has a good DL but the offense needs to score more than 9 points.

Eli's string of perfection continues. 217 games and counting. I'll admit he was good today from what I saw but the lengths you go to defend any little criticism crack me up.
Was he good or okay?

Was he good or okay?

I may not be the best judge after seeing Nathan Peterman. Anybody would look pretty good compared to that. Eli was under pressure but he sure cooled down after his hot start so I'll give him an okay.

Bayside is right, they will compete. Eli ws a B, B-. Could he have played better, sure. Would it have looked better if he didn’t have th drops and plays called back?? Most definitely.

I’d have to think flowers does not start next week, or if he does...he’s got a quick hook.

A Girardi in the 1st inning hook.

We going Series by Series buddy...

Flowers gets tagged with that loss.
Haven't we seen this before, Flowers ...drives me nuts. Eli was fine, the one miss to Beckham in the end zone the one he would want back. But had little time all day..

Haven't we seen this before, Flowers ...drives me nuts. Eli was fine, the one miss to Beckham in the end zone the one he would want back. But had little time all day..

He overthrew Beckham twice in the end zone, but that one when Beckham was one on one with Ramsey was just a bad throw, pressured or not. Flowers is horrendous

Eli has to better but in his defense, flowers was horrible yesterday. Have no clue why he still on the team