Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

You want to rag on some of our NBA players underachieving since Melo?

Fine.

Don't bring up Rip Hamilton as a successful NBA player. He played for you guys 20 years ago. Before Melo. Idiots.

Last edited:
You want to rag on some of our NBA playersunderachieving since Melo?

Fine.

Don't bring up Rip Hamilton as a successful NBA player. He played for you guys 20 years ago. Before Melo. Idiots.

Also, maybe it was the great coaching of Boeheim and the exposure at Syracuse that enables a guy like Flynn /Wes/MCW to be drafted that high when they probably shouldnt have. Like how the hell can you disparage Boeheim for getting his kids to become lotto picks? Morons

You want to rag on some of our NBA playersunderachieving since Melo?

Fine.

That one post tried to attach Napier (an NBA scrub) and Boatwright(I don't even remember who that is) to Kemba as if that's some successful group of guards. No, Kemba is good. That's it.

They've 5 guys in he league, 4 of whom were drafted 2012 or earlier. The most recent is Napier in 2014. The well has predictably gone dry. They're just not getting the same level of talent anymore.

Also, maybe it was the great coaching of Boeheim and the exposure at Syracuse that enables a guy like Flynn /Wes/MCW to be drafted that high when they probably shouldnt have. Like how the hell can you disparage Boeheim for getting his kids to become lotto picks? Morons

Yup. It's not like these were top 10 HS recruits either. Their stature rose at Cuse. As did Lydon(what was he, top 75?), Malachi(top 40 or so?), Grant, etc.

Yup. It's not like these were top 10 HS recruits either. Their stature rose at Cuse. As did Lydon(what was he, top 75?), Malachi(top 40 or so?), Grant, etc.

The kids drafted from this program related to where they were ranked coming in and how quickly they enter is second to none in the country imo.

LOL! They're even trashing Carmelo over there! Like, I don't care that Ray Allen buddied up with two other hall of famers and was the third best player on a champion or s shooter off the bench for Miami...he was not a better player than Carmelo. Ever. And Ray was great. Nothing but respect for him as a player and his career. But Carmelo was better by any measure. If Melo is able to buddy up with the right guys, he can win a title too. Ray wasn't winning squat in Milwaukee or Seattle as their best guy, just like Melo wasn't in Denver or NY(just a terrible franchise). Organizations win in the NBA. It's why just a few teams have won the majority of the titles in the last 35 years.

And the personal shots on Melo read like some mouthbreather on YouTube or facebook. I mean, Ray's Boston teammates disowned him and George Karl hated him too. Who cares? Still a great player. Not as great as Melo.

LOL! They're even trashing Carmelo over there! Like, I don't care that Ray Allen buddied up with two other hall of famers and was the third best player on a champion or s shooter off the bench for Miami...he was not a better player than Carmelo. Ever. And Ray was great. Nothing but respect for him as a player and his career. But Carmelo was better by any measure. If Melo is able to buddy up with the right guys, he can win a title too. Ray wasn't winning squat in Milwaukee or Seattle as their best guy, just like Melo wasn't in Denver or NY(just a terrible franchise). Organizations win in the NBA. It's why just a few teams have won the majority of the titles in the last 35 years.

And the personal shots on Melo read like some mouthbreather on YouTube or facebook. I mean, Ray's Boston teammates disowned him and George Karl hated him too. Who cares? Still a great player. Not as great as Melo.
Hating us is all they have left. And deep down, they know that. They are in the AAC for life. No more big league games. No more national prestige. After January 1, each year, they are in the land of forgotten. They talk about their history. A short but powerful history. But it over. When I think about UConn, which is rare, they remind me of an oldies radio station.

UConn = DVD's. They were awesome for awhile, during roughly the same time span. We're onto streaming now though. It's been a good 5 years since I've popped in a DVD, and I don't even keep them out anymore and I don't even consider buying them even though they probably all cost like $5 now. That's UConn.

UConn = DVD's. They were awesome for awhile, during roughly the same time span. We're onto streaming now though. It's been a good 5 years since I've popped in a DVD, and I don't even keep them out anymore and I don't even consider buying them even though they probably all cost like $5 now. That's UConn.
Oddly, the 5$ is the same cut UConn gets from the AAC TV deal

Flynn will always get a pass in my book about his NBA career...that injury changed everything for him.

I donated almost all my DVDs a few years ago, like most bandwagon fans have their UConn T-shirts.

Flynn will always get a pass in my book about his NBA career...that injury changed everything for him.

Yup, he started as a rookie and averaged 13 ppg. Then he got hurt, he was rushed back too soon, and has never been the same. Probably would've been a solid NBA player based on what he showed as a rookie. His whole game was based on his quickness and explosiveness. Once that's gone, everything changes. Same is true for all guards to an extent, but especially one who is like 5'10.

Until I read their page for a little bit I didn't realize they held the 2004 team in such high regard. I mean that team was good and everything but they beat Duke by 1 or 2 points the final 4 and they have it up there with the best 5 teams of the last 35 years. I feel like on here when we talk about best teams of all time people talk about UNLV and some of the other teams that are obvious and no one tries to act like Syracuse 2003 is one of the greatest teams of all time.

This thread is bad juju.
Normally I'd agree with this, but UConn is in a really tough spot and frankly, their mojo is greatly diminished and likely to remain so, IMO.
Trashing us, LVille, Rutgers, PC, heck even GTown, is all they have left.
They were left behind, and like any scorned soul, they remain angry, delusional, bitter, and full of recrimination.
Better them than us, and good riddance as they circle the drain!

Until I read their page for a little bit I didn't realize they held the 2004 team in such high regard. I mean that team was good and everything but they beat Duke by 1 or 2 points the final 4 and they have it up there with the best 5 teams of the last 35 years. I feel like on here when we talk about best teams of all time people talk about UNLV and some of the other teams that are obvious and no one tries to act like Syracuse 2003 is one of the greatest teams of all time.

Yeah they lost 6 games and went 12-4 and came in 2nd in the Big East, and beat Georgia Tech. 2003 Cuse lost 5 games, went 13-3 and won the BE, and beat Kansas. We win.

That UConn team got a ton of preseason hype and they delivered by winning it all, but they weren't as dominant as some thought they'd be.

Hating us is all they have left. And deep down, they know that. They are in the AAC for life. No more big league games. No more national prestige. After January 1, each year, they are in the land of forgotten. They talk about their history. A short but powerful history. But it over. When I think about UConn, which is rare, they remind me of an oldies radio station.

they will soon be with LaSalle, and USF in the "past champs with no chance of winning again" club

From "mauconnfan", one of the worst posters on the internet:

"They elect to forget that UConn carried the Big East banner in a huge way through the 90's and almost until the end. FFs, Elite 8s while the likes of the Orange and Hoyas were either not making it or getting beat by Vermont.

These guys always had selective memory. Never going to end hell they already forgot who won last year. Lol"

LOL, we both made the tournament 8 times and made 1 final four in the 90s. Difference was we ran into Kentucky '96, maybe the best college team ever.

Vermont...2005, not the 90s. I mean, they lost to San Diego. Things happen.

Talk about selective memory.

and storz got '99 Duke, the biggest fraud one loss team of all time. The 98/99 ACC sucked. Only two other tourney teams besides Duke. After Duke lost to the 'Nati in a holiday tourney they got to go undefeated through a historically weak ACC. Storz only fell out of #1 b/c they lost a big monday game to Cuse when storz was missing two starters. I hate both Duke and storz but it grinds my gears when people say that storz title game victory over Duke was one of the sports great upsets.