Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

From "mauconnfan", one of the worst posters on the internet:

"They elect to forget that UConn carried the Big East banner in a huge way through the 90's and almost until the end. FFs, Elite 8s while the likes of the Orange and Hoyas were either not making it or getting beat by Vermont.

These guys always had selective memory. Never going to end hell they already forgot who won last year. Lol"

LOL, we both made the tournament 8 times and made 1 final four in the 90s. Difference was we ran into Kentucky '96, maybe the best college team ever.

Vermont...2005, not the 90s. I mean, they lost to San Diego. Things happen.

Talk about selective memory.
Mau is a dope. The Orange have about a 20 game lead over 2ud place G-town for the all time won loss record. And since 2010, UConn has they about a .500% in league play. He is just too stupid to realize that Syracuse and G-town subsidized their program in the 80's. In ESPN's doc on the Big east, they were hardly mentioned. Just like where they are in today's college basketball world.

Mau is a dope. The Orange have about a 20 game lead over 2ud place G-town for the all time won loss record. And since 2010, UConn has they about a .500% in league play. He is just too stupid to realize that Syracuse and G-town subsidized their program in the 80's. In ESPN's doc on the Big east, they were hardly mentioned. Just like where they are in today's college basketball world.

Yup. They were so mad over that doc too. It was hilarious. Like they all completely missed the point of it.

"Flying the banner for the BE in the 90's" and acting like Cuse wasn't right there too is just flat out dishonest.

and storz got '99 Duke, the biggest fraud one loss team of all time. The 98/99 ACC sucked. Only two other tourney teams besides Duke. After Duke lost to the 'Nati in a holiday tourney they got to go undefeated through a historically weak ACC. Storz only fell out of #1 b/c they lost a big monday game to Cuse when storz was missing two starters. I hate both Duke and storz but it grinds my gears when people say that storz title game victory over Duke was one of the sports great upsets.

Yup, it was a good Duke team but definitely benefitted from a weak league. UNC was down that year. Maryland was pretty good but got worked by St. John's in the tourney. Definitely an overrated "upset". I thought they were pretty evenly matched.

From "mauconnfan", one of the worst posters on the internet:

"They elect to forget that UConn carried the Big East banner in a huge way through the 90's and almost until the end. FFs, Elite 8s while the likes of the Orange and Hoyas were either not making it or getting beat by Vermont.

These guys always had selective memory. Never going to end hell they already forgot who won last year. Lol"

LOL, we both made the tournament 8 times and made 1 final four in the 90s. Difference was we ran into Kentucky '96, maybe the best college team ever.

Vermont...2005, not the 90s. I mean, they lost to San Diego. Things happen.

Talk about selective memory.
One of their best teams lost to GMU.

I think at the end of the day both fan bases exaggerate.

They seem to have a much stronger dislike for us than we do for them - we have Louisville, Duke, UNC, Pitt, etc. No matter what they say they lost that in the AAC - what they have with Cincy is a pretty solid rivalry. But we've moved on and they still bring us up. To be honest if wasn't for this annual game at the Garden, I don't think they would be on our radar's much anymore.

Shabazz had a hell of a run, but they've won 1 tournament game since 2014, and that was vs. 8 seed Colorado. In fact, since 2012, they have 7 tournament wins - the 6 during the 2014 run (which was very impressive) and the 2014 Colorado win. So in the last 5 years sans 1 year - that's 1 tournament win.

I know some of them like to downplay our accomplishments (since 4>1), but in the last decade we are top 7 or in accomplishments nationally fairly easily. Since 2010 we have 15 tournament wins, 2 Final 4's and an Elite 8. In that same stretch they have 13 tournament wins - 2 championship runs account for 12 of those wins.

You can't make any reasonable argument not trade 1999 - 2014 with UConn. We had our moments too for sure, which they like to severely downplay, but they did win 4 titles. But no sane college basketball fan would rather be UConn than Syracuse for 2017 and going forward.

Within the same thread on the Boneyard they bashed on "us" for selling Carey on Bazley, a top 10 recruit, but 2 posts later say they should sell him on playing with Akinjo who just barely cracked the top 100 and Christian Vital.

It's a meaningless pissing contest at this point. I'll be at the Garden in December, but other than that night, I'm not sure why we UConn the time of day anymore. We've beat them 7 of our last 10 meetings.

Since 2000, we're 6-3 vs. them at the Garden (6-2 in Big East Tournaments).

Never forget that when the Big 10 came calling to capture the New York Market, they took one look at UConn, and picked Rutgers.

Rutgers.
IMG_1087.GIF

Yup, it was a good Duke team but definitely benefitted from a weak league. UNC was down that year. Maryland was pretty good but got worked by St. John's in the tourney. Definitely an overrated "upset". I thought they were pretty evenly matched.
I thought that 99 Duke team was awesome. They had 5 NBA guys on that team. Brand, Maggette, Langdon, Avery, Battier. They also had Carrawell who was a really good college player. I don't care if the ACC was down. In my opinion outside of UNLV that was the best team I ever saw that didn't win a title.

I thought that 99 Duke team was awesome. They had 5 NBA guys on that team. Brand, Maggette, Langdon, Avery, Battier. They also had Carrawell who was a really good college player. I don't care if the ACC was down. In my opinion outside of UNLV that was the best team I ever saw that didn't win a title.
IDK. A team with Seikaly, Coleman, Douglas and Thompson didn't win a title.

Let those in-breds throw out all the stats/numbers they want, but at the end of the day, 4>1 is the only number that matters. They can try to spin it (we got lucky a few times, etc) but every single one of them would give their left nut to have 4 titles instead of just 1. Would I rather be in the ACC right now? Sure. But that's the only thing keeping their program afloat right now.

As for the '04 team, we lost a few games towards the end of the season (including one at the dome) b/c Okafor had back problems IIRC. And the only reason the FF game against Duke was even close to begin with was b/c of the 2 BS foul calls on Okafor in the first 3 minutes of the game, so he sat the rest of the half.

While I'd love to have four titles, I'm quite attached (literally amirite) to my left nut, and I wouldn't want four titles if it meant that I had home and homes with East Carolina, Tulsa, and Houston to look forward to into perpetuity. And if the ACC is the only thing keeping us afloat, then nostalgia is the only thing for UConn.

While I'd love to have four titles, I'm quite attached (literally amirite) to my left nut, and I wouldn't want four titles if it meant that I had home and homes with East Carolina, Tulsa, and Houston to look forward to into perpetuity. And if the ACC is the only thing keeping us afloat, then nostalgia is the only thing for UConn.

They just don't get it. They've been one of the elite programs and now they're left out. And they're the ONLY one that's left out. Cuse, LVille, UNC, Duke, Mich. State, Arizona, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, etc...we're all in good shape. UConn is the only one of the group that's screwed. Oh well.

Yeah, it was certainly a very good team. I don't think they were as good as 91 UNLV. I also just don't think they were any better than many other very talented teams from back then that went far but didn't win it all like 98 UNC, 93 Michigan, 95 Arkansas, 97 Kentucky, or 01 Arizona.

They don't seem to understand that the ACC wanted Syracuse. So did the B10. Whatever the criteria, Syracuse is valued more than UConn.

Match the educational institution with their mascot for $1.

UConn
Univ of Southern Maine
Chapin High School
Northeastern Utah Vocational Tech

UConn.png
husky2.jpg

Husky.png
husky3.jpg

Boneyard now going crazy for a 2G with offers from...

VCU, Penn St, BC, UMass, St Joes.

Boneyard now going crazy for a 2G with offers from...

VCU, Penn St, BC, UMass, St Joes.
Is that the kid that they said "you can never have enough shooters!" - Yet they trash Buddy, who was arguably the best 3PT shooter at Peach Jam, which is the same tournament they are using to prove how good Akinjo is. They can't even keep up with themselves.

Is that the kid that they said "you can never have enough shooters!" - Yet they trash Buddy, who was arguably the best 3PT shooter at Peach Jam, which is the same tournament they are using to prove how good Akinjo is. They can't even keep up with themselves.

Their logic is so tortured. I can't follow.

Didn't you know that college basketball started in the '90s?

Carey is no PG and even Boeheim isn't dumb enough to play him there for major minutes. Carey needs to wake up and watch his own videos.
We got the guard we wanted and I'm not disappointed about Carey committing to Cuse if that is where lands. We'll find a shooter.

I can see Jalen Carey reading this and seeing this as his "come to Jesus moment."

Thanks, guy who posts on message board!

Honestly, I think with all the conference related stuff for them, a lot of these people have gone off the deep end and just choose to lie to themselves and rationalize everything that doesn’t go their way. A kid doesn’t pick them, he’s overrated, he’s not a PG all of a sudden, his Dad’s a headache, their guy ranked 70 spots lower is suddenly the better player(let’s be honest, 99% of these people haven’t seen either one play), JB won’t coach until the end of his career(we’ve heard that one for like 25 years; I’d bet he outlasts Ollie), playing zone will kill his NBA chances(1st round picks in 9 of the last 10 drafts), ‘have fun with the snow!’, he was scared off by the competition, etc., etc., etc.…the well of excuses is very deep for the UConn fans.

They have 4 titles, good for them, hope they enjoyed them because they ain’t seeing another one in their lifetime.

JB won’t coach until the end of his career(we’ve heard that one for like 25 years; I’d bet he outlasts Ollie),

If not for Brimah he already would have. I hope KO sends him a check or something.

Honestly, I think with all the conference related stuff for them, a lot of these people have gone off the deep end and just choose to lie to themselves and rationalize everything that doesn’t go their way. A kid doesn’t pick them, he’s overrated, he’s not a PG all of a sudden, his Dad’s a headache, their guy ranked 70 spots lower is suddenly the better player(let’s be honest, 99% of these people haven’t seen either one play), JB won’t coach until the end of his career(we’ve heard that one for like 25 years; I’d bet he outlasts Ollie), playing zone will kill his NBA chances(1st round picks in 9 of the last 10 drafts), ‘have fun with the snow!’, he was scared off by the competition, etc., etc., etc.…the well of excuses is very deep for the UConn fans.

They have 4 titles, good for them, hope they enjoyed them because they ain’t seeing another one in their lifetime.
I agree, but at the end of the day, it's just fans being fans. Some get nastier than others, but that is just a measure of maturity. I know that I could review many of my posts and realize that I should have taken a moment to chill before posting. So, I would like to tell the UConn fans that I understand and no hard feelings, but I can't do that because I hate your sorry asses and I hope rot in that hole of a conference. Just kidding, I really don't give a crap.